Siegfried

CONTEST: Design your own Indy Movie! DISCUSSION

Design a new Indy movie and make a scene or set from it. Rules are as follows;

The Rules:

1. The contest will run from June 4th to June 30th. You may change your entry as much as you want up till then but no entries will be accepted after that date.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Entries must consist of a new Indy movie idea and a MOC. The MOC has only one limitation; no more than 10 mini-figs.
  4. The winner will be picked via a poll, and the poll will consist of two options; idea and MOC. The winner will be determined via the complicated formula of (MOCx2+Idea). Tie breakers will be handled via the EB staff.
  5. Only real LEGO brand parts are allowed, with three exceptions; you may use up to 10 custom decals/painted pieces, non-LEGO string, and/or custom sails. By LEGO parts I mean anything made by TLG. This includes all baseplates, stickers, and even bionicle boxes. Feel free to use the old table with a glued baseplate if you want! :laugh:
  6. Digital entries will be allowed.
  7. You may present up to 3 pictures per entry. You will post those in the entry thread, along with any backstory or notes you wish to make about your creation. The first picture will become your thumbnail for the voting round, so pick well. Pictures should be less than 800x600. Images bigger than that could be deleted depending on how grumpy I get.
  8. My judgement is final. I may mention violations in the discussion thread, I may not. Entries may be changed until the end of the contest if you need to fix something. At the end of the contest, violations will be disqualified. I don't want to do that, so please be sure to follow the rules or ask questions.

Entries go here!

...as an example, here's mine!

Indiana Jones and the Tree of Knowledge

(Set six months after The Last Crusade)

After they reconcile the Joneses wisely decide to keep working separately, so Indy goes back to the University and Henry starts looking for his second dream, one that he never talks about. However, only a short time passes before he receives word via Sallah that Henry has been captured by the Germans; somehow they have heard of his recovery via the Holy Grail and they want proof before they consider a major excavation. Indy isn't sure of how they plan to achieve this, but he isn't prepared to risk his father being tortured or dissected so he picks up his gun, whip and hat, and abandons scores of doe eyed (female) students yet again.

The scene below is in the first 30 minutes of the movie and has Indy rescuing his father. In short, after he finds the base where Henry is, he decides that this plane is his best escape chance. As it turns out, it's an advanced prototype VTOL night fighter which has never been flown before... and as a test plane it has a tracking device built in...

DSC02509ess.jpg

The rest of the movie involves the search for the Tree of Knowledge, the one that Adam and Eve dined on.... :oh:

Good idea!

But:

Are we basing entries after what you've given us or whatever we want? I know what I want to do!

Sweet contest idea, definently one I will have to enter if I can. Should see some great ideas too

Are we basing entries after what you've given us or whatever we want? I know what I want to do!

Your own story, it doesn't need to be long, good, or original; it just needs to be yours. Feel free to call it Indy and his next adventure if you want! :tongue: Remember that voting is mostly on the MOC itself, the story is just a bonus. :wink:

Great contest idea! I hope I have time! :sweet:

But I'll prewarn everyone, if I do, I'm not in a position to build anything huge. Oh, I've got the parts, I don't have the space or time. So I'd go quality over quantity, which isn't a bad way to go, since you only get 3 pics to show off your entire project (don't you dare ask him to change that, I already know you're planning to ask for some other changes :hmpf_bad: ) .

Think about that before building the entire continent of South America. :tongue:

Good idea!

Your own story, it doesn't need to be long, good, or original; it just needs to be yours. Feel free to call it Indy and his next adventure if you want! :tongue: Remember that voting is mostly on the MOC itself, the story is just a bonus. :wink:

First question out! :tongue::wink:

Great contest Sinner! Hope I am able to cook up something new and interesting. It seemed you had cleared my doubt earlier. :tongue:

OK, OK. I have re-ordered the first post. -Sigh- An artist is rarely appreciated in his own time. :cry_sad:

Sweet! :sweet: Finally a good contest again! And this time it's even Indy themed and has story telling opportunity! :wub: I'm so gonna enter this once I think of something good!

"Indiana Jones and the Great Contest" ON! :grin:

Yay! I love these theme contests, and this one looks fantastic. I thought I could post a giant creation, but it may be over 1000 pieces! :cry_sad: I'll have to see what I can do. Thanks for running thecontest Sinner, no for a story idea...

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I thought I could post a giant creation, but it may be over 1000 pieces! :cry_sad:

[shhhhh! So you couldn't re-work your idea as a smaller one? That rule could be removed, but I wanted it there to try to even the entries. Would 1500 be better? No limit at all?]

That rule could be removed

Oh no, you're not gonna trick me into commenting on this, nope, not gonna happen. :grin:

Neat idea. If I can find the time to do it, I've got a prequel story that just needs to be told...

[shhhhh! So you couldn't re-work your idea as a smaller one? That rule could be removed, but I wanted it there to try to even the entries. Would 1500 be better? No limit at all?]

I can't rework it, as it is going on permanent display nd I love it as it is! :wub:

I think it should be removed, please? PRETTY PLEASE? Whith a cherry on top? How about 2000 pieces then? :cry_sad::grin:

I can't rework it, as it is going on permanent display nd I love it as it is! :wub:

I think it should be removed, please? PRETTY PLEASE? Whith a cherry on top? How about 2000 pieces then? :cry_sad::grin:

OK. I must be getting soft in my old age. :tongue: Rule removed. :sweet: If anyone makes something stupidly huge I'll be blaming you! :devil:

Sinner, can I ask you a stupid question?

Is 32 x 32 studs baseplate be allowed in our entry?

Or must we build only on bricks and mini-figs with it only? :tongue:

OK. I must be getting soft in my old age. :tongue:Rule removed. :sweet: If anyone makes something stupidly huge I'll be blaming you! :devil:

I love you! :wub:

I even made a song for you:

"I never had a chance to enter,

in the contest of your heart,

never found a reason to begin,

not a reason to ever start!

but baby you changed the reason

baby you changed my part,

now I have something to live for,

now I have a reason to staaaart!"

[enter chorus]

I can write the rest if you want, but thanks :cry_happy:

Edited by Batbrick

Are we supposed to make an acctual movie or just a MOC?
[*]Entries must consist of a new Indy movie idea and a MOC.

You are supposed to make a quick concept for a movie and do a MOC of a scene. But the main point is the MOC.

Is 32 x 32 studs baseplate be allowed in our entry?

Or must we build only on bricks and mini-figs with it only? :tongue:

Baseplates are bricks... :look: But to clarify, any official LEGO elements are allowed. This includes all baseplates and even bionicle boxes.

I love you! :wub:

I even made a song for you:

:oh3: Thanks! I look forward to seeing this MOC! :sweet:

Baseplates are bricks... :look: But to clarify, any official LEGO elements are allowed. This includes all baseplates and even bionicle boxes.

Thanks Sinner! :blush: Well, I thought baseplates are considered as "plates" to build on. Anyway, all are offical LEGO elements. :tongue:

Thanks Sinner! :blush: Well, I thought baseplates are considered as "plates" to build on. Anyway, all are offical LEGO elements. :tongue:

Lots of people do :look: its just Sinner...erhermm anyway

this contest looks awsome :thumbup: I shall get building soon as exams finish

*sigh* so much to do and so little time... Ill be busy this summer! ill be gone for a week in Florida next week Saturday though... and then theres that CW contest... and then the comic game... and then the new SW , Castle, and indy sets... curse the so many themes! :tongue:

anyways, i cant think of anything right now, but ill mull it over during school exams or something...

Uh oh, I've hit a snag. This moc I've been working on is something I wanted to post on EB for a while, especially during Indy month. I'm nearly finished it now, but it just occured to me that posting your entry and then placing it in the contest may be considered unfair. What should I do? If I can't post it, that's fine I'll either make another entry or wait till this contest is over to post it :sweet:

Edited by Batbrick