Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelm screamer

Dual review!

This is to my greatest sorrow to say that these sets are only the absolute GREATEST LEGO© deals ever!

Alright... now with that fan@#^% out of my system, back to a more serious review.

Box

It serves it's evil purpose (tantalizing us into emptying our wallets :tongue: ). Not much more to really say here...

img_1299.jpg

Figs

Ahhh... that meat (or rather very purpose) of this set. All are fantastic and really do add diversity to your army (even if it is only one copy of this set :wink: ).

img_1304.jpg

Weird spear guy

img_1306.jpg

Archer

img_1309.jpg

Spear man

img_1310.jpg

Knight one (meh...)

img_1312.jpg

Knight two (with far cooler helmet :blush: )

img_1313.jpg

And his CHROMETASTIC sword :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

img_1314.jpg

And thats all for that set. Now for:

Box

It is surprisingly large for a set so small and does have quite an allure to it...

img_1321.jpg

The back has a lot less demonstrations of play features and a lot more product placement than a normal set.

img_1328.jpg

Set

The knight really is good for filling out the ranks of any decent crownie army. I also find that the storage rack makes an excellent parts pack. :sweet:

img_1332.jpg

Fig

Like I said before, good army builder (even though you will have to replace almost all of the heads... :hmpf_bad: )

img_1333.jpg

With armor...

img_1334.jpg

The rack

with a different layout

img_1335.jpg

And empty

img_1336.jpg

This set actually comes with a spare robot claw; good news for those who need them.

When I said that this set made a good army builder, I really, really, really meant it...

img_1346.jpg

Final verdicts

All in all, these two sets are a castle lovin' AFOL/TFOL's dream made flesh (err... plastic :grin: ).

But I would definitly give the upper hand to 5615 for being the better army builder and the battle pack is better off being used sparingly as a supplement to diversify the ranks of your army.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .5 out of 5 from me

Edited by Wilhelm screamer

Thanks for the review, Wilhelm screamer, both sets´re really cool and very useful. Castle battlepacks on! :sweet:

I'm glad someone loves chrome swords... I much prefer the old school choppers...

God Bless,

Nathan

You forgot to mention that in the 5-pack, one of the heads turns around 180 degrees to reveal the screaming face! Or does yours not have this head?

You don't get a plume for the helmet in the second set??

Yeah, sadly the second set (5615 right?), doesn't include a plume for the knight. Thanks for the review Wilhelm screamer, but because of its crazy price (IMO) I'm going to pass on 852271, I did buy one copy of 5615 since I had a bit of extra money. It's a good set and if you have an extra pair of legs, a light grey torso, and a spare head you can make a second knight to go with the spear bearing grunt :wink: .

cool sets. i like the impulse better, but peaople are saying its pricey for its size. does anyone know the price? and the battle pack looks decent too. i might have to pick these up next time i go to TRU.

Great review! You are right, it looks like a great army builder! :thumbup:

I plan to buy 10 battlepacks, 10 of the knight impulse set, and then get 10 knight bodies off pick a brick. I will then use the helmets from the impulse set, plus the sword, and also take the shield from the glaive-wielders of the battle pack and will thus create 70 crown knights, plus the 5 I already own. Works out at about £100 (roughly) plus postage. :classic: