WhiteFang

Choose your Favourite Ninja!

Choose your Favourite Ninja!   

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favourite Ninja mini-figure?

• Black Ninja (Dangerous)
    • Grey Ninja (Shadow)
    • Green Ninja (Agile)
    • Red Ninja (Elite)
    • White Ninja (Royal)
    • I don't like any of these!

Hello all Eurobricks Members,

This is my first poll that I will be conducting. I do apologize if my layout of the poll is not pleasant or user-friendly. Do give me any feedback in any way for me to improve the layout. Thanks.

Firstly, I will like to gather feedback and responses for Ninja theme which is produced from 1998 to 1999. This theme is short-lived and probably the only theme apart from Orient Expedition, to focus on Asian perspective.

Secondly, this poll will allow us to find out what are the general responses and liking towards the 5 Legendary Ninja which exists across all Ninja sets. Generally, I feel that most people will choose White Ninja. It's just my gut feel of mine. :sweet:

These are some of the following pictures which can be used as a reference,

n1.jpgn2.jpgn3.jpgn4.jpgn5.jpg

Credits: (marakoeschtra, Brickshelf folder.)

I am not able to find detail images through open-source.

Edited by WhiteFang

All of the Ninjas that are featured are my favourite. Since it's a poll that I have created, my vote goes to White Ninja. Sad to said that, I never owned any White or Green Ninja in my collection yet. :cry_sad:

I yearn to have one to lead them all.

In addition, Red ninja are my favourite and it will be my second best choice. :tongue:

Sinner and the admins, thanks thanks for your great help. :cry_happy:

All of the Ninjas that are featured are my favourite. Since it's a poll that I have created, my vote goes to White Ninja. Sad to said that, I never owned any White or Green Ninja in my collection yet. :cry_sad:

I yearn to have one to lead them all.

In addition, Red ninja are my favourite and it will be my second best choice. :tongue:

Don't feel to bad mate, I only own one black one... :cry_sad:

How did you know I would vote for the white one? :tongue: That one just looks so... pure to me. It's a bit hard to describe. :grin:

But really, I love them all! I wish I had more ninja sets, I only have one, the 6083 Samurai Stronghold which I picked up in an auction...

The black one is also nice though in that it has a slightly different pattern, and is your stereotypical ninja/assassin character. :grin:

Does anyone know their names?

The black one is called Bonsai (serves Bandit Chief Kendo = bad) and the grey one is called Ito (works with Kata and Dojo to serve Shogun Gi-Dan = good), but that's all I know. The green one is the Emporer's guard?

Anyway, I likes the red one - it sums up the whole theme in my view.

I'm not sure I can vote on this one... I have two black ninjas, they were always my favourites when I was younger. I don't own any of the others, though I have made white and green ninjas using the headdresses (?) in Slave 1 and Castle accesories sets. Aagh, I don't know... :wacko:

:skull:

White, naturally. How could one not vote for the Ninja Princess? :sweet:

That said, I missed the whole ninja line during my dark ages. I'm fairly sure they were still sitting around as I came out in 1999, but I didn't pay much attention. Matter of fact, I only bought one ever, on some kind of clearance ($3 or less) ...

4805-1.1121301649.thumb2.jpg

So, my only personal experience is with the black and grey figures, who I always considered the common soldiers of the bunch.

I'll be honest. I bought the set for the samurai helmets and armour. I used the black one for an Imperial gunner and the dark grey one with the armour for a custom Lando skiff guard. As I recall, a Johnny Thunder head made for a good Lando, those being the "everyone is yellow" days. I still have both of those figures somewhere. Over the years, I have picked up a few more ninjas, so I have that full set again, and a few extras (the eyepatch guy, for example).

I'd like to see the theme come back, I guess. Honestly, I would just like to see the return of the Legends line, offering one good set from all the themes I missed. Oh well.

I have recently completed my collection of all the ninja figures, my favourite (and rarest one) is not in your poll, the green ninja princess. So i have voted for the white princess instead. Nice poll

Interesting poll WhiteFang. I'm between the black (simply because when I think of ninja, I think of those that sneak around in the night), and the green because it was so rare. I think I only own one green ninja in fact). I ended up voting black, with green close behind.

I chose black as it's the most authentic. The Ninja gi was usually black/white reversible. Black for night or forest, white for snow.

BTW, the plural for "Ninja" is "Ninja" not "Ninjas".

Wow, I am truly amazed by the poll results so far. It seemed Black Ninja and White Ninja is almost on par with each other. Furthermore, some of the members love the Green Ninja too. My inital thought is rare ninja might recieve higher counts than normal ninja which is common across all sets. :tongue:

Does anyone know their names?

The black one is called Bonsai (serves Bandit Chief Kendo = bad) and the grey one is called Ito (works with Kata and Dojo to serve Shogun Gi-Dan = good), but that's all I know. The green one is the Emporer's guard?

Anyway, I likes the red one - it sums up the whole theme in my view.

SlyOwl, thanks for this great insight. Although, I am a collector of Ninja, but I am not awared that such storyline exist in Ninja theme. I thought it will be the typical kind of good vs evil kind of plot. I am not sure on their alignment.

Personally, I view them as followed,

Black Ninja --> Carry out assassination

Grey Ninja --> Stealth Protectors of the Shogun

Green Ninja --> Tracking

Red Ninja --> Imperial/Elite Ninja

White Ninja --> Leader/Royalty

I'd like to see the theme come back, I guess. Honestly, I would just like to see the return of the Legends line, offering one good set from all the themes I missed. Oh well.

I share the same sentiments as you too, :wub:

my favourite (and rarest one) is not in your poll, the green ninja princess. So i have voted for the white princess instead.

Well, this poll's purpose is to find out which Ninja type/color you will like most. That's why, I did not classify them as princess and etc. :wink:

BTW, the plural for "Ninja" is "Ninja" not "Ninjas".

Grammer noted and amended! :tongue:

Edited by WhiteFang

I went for the Red one! :wub: I only have the red and the black one, I wish I had a white one though...

I like the grey one best, as (old) dark grey is my second favorite lego color. Dark purple is my favorite, a purple ninja would be sweet. (Purple is a royal color.)

We need a ninja smiley

A pretty though one.... the black one looks very realistic, the grey one´s beautiful, the red one looks plain cool and of course

it´s always splendid to have a strong female character.... I guess the only thing I could vote for´s that the green one´s my

least favorite.... :tongue:

That's a very interesting poll, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

It's a bit difficult to choose for me because I like all these Ninja. But my favourite one is the

red Ninja.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Grammar noted and amended! :tongue:

Sorry I couldn't resist. :tongue:

I only owned the ninjas from the set imperialshadows mentioned, so I voted the grey one because the black one looked evil and as a child I was inclined to favour the good guy.