Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

My First Space MOC: The Zebra Wing

indexed.gif

Hi all! I've been building like crazy as of recent. After reading through KDog's wonderful and hilarious space comic (see sig for link) I was inspired to get back into space (a theme I loved as a child) and make some mocs for it. Here's the first one so far so go easy on me, I call it the Zebra Wing - nicknamed so for its colour scheme:

Sorry for the large pics, this is the first time this has ever happened sorry, so I'll only post a few:

p1230356.jpg

p1230364.jpg

p1230366.jpg

p1230368.jpg

Wheel view, Cabin closed, Cabin open.

View of people inside:

p1230381.jpg

Up, Up, And Away!

More pics here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=320414

Very much sorry for the large pics, please enjoy, and a special thanks to KDog for getting me back into space-based fun!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Wow, great use of the Speed Racer Windscreen there Batbrick. :grin:

Looks excellent and the colors work really well for the Ship. Is it a fighter or just a sort of defensecraft or something?

Anyway, it's great :thumbup:

A very interesting design.... and very retro, especially because of the landing gear and that cool roof.... it reminds me a little of

a Chevy Bel Air, and that´s pretty fine. A very original creation, streamlined and with some nifty details like that rearward hatch

and with a good use of that new windscreen part and a really fine color scheme too. Welcome back, spacer.... :thumbup::sweet:

Wow, great use of the Speed Racer Windscreen there Batbrick. :grin:

Looks excellent and the colors work really well for the Ship. Is it a fighter or just a sort of defensecraft or something?

Anyway, it's great :thumbup:

Thanks Inertia! I'm glad you like the windscreen, the speedracer one I love to use. As for the ship's use, I forgot to post that, it is renaissance and scouting flyer, for commercial and military use :sweet:

A very interesting design.... and very retro, especially because of the landing gear and that cool roof.... it reminds me a little of

a Chevy Bel Air, and that´s pretty fine. A very original creation, streamlined and with some nifty details like that rearward hatch

and with a good use of that new windscreen part and a really fine color scheme too. Welcome back, spacer.... :thumbup::sweet:

Thanks as always Asuka, glad you like it. You're right, it is retro, I didn't want to make it too advanced, but instead a design you might see in the future. Thanks, glad to be a part of space again.

Thanks Inertia! I'm glad you like the windscreen, the speedracer one I love to use. As for the ship's use, I forgot to post that, it is renaissance and scouting flyer, for commercial and military use :sweet:

Ah, Kay, Cool!

Multi-usage of things is really a Space-age thing

As I said before, Great!

It has an interesting rounded shape, which seems to work with the new windscreen and overhanging roof over it.

I'm thinking though, might be better with a single landing gear in front.

The two white grills near the front of each wing seem a little out of place (they break up the smooth shape)

and, could the big black stripe along each side (at windscreen level) could be partly exchanged for clear bricks to make windows?, this would fit well with the current front windscreen and overhanging roof look...

It has an interesting rounded shape, which seems to work with the new windscreen and overhanging roof over it.

I'm thinking though, might be better with a single landing gear in front.

The two white grills near the front of each wing seem a little out of place (they break up the smooth shape)

and, could the big black stripe along each side (at windscreen level) could be partly exchanged for clear bricks to make windows?, this would fit well with the current front windscreen and overhanging roof look...

It can't have a single landing gear at front unfortunately due to the double barrel underbelly (I'll try to take a pic). I did try to change the black bars for trans bricks but they look very out of place sadly due to the windscreen being so much more clearer. As for the tiles, I might change them, or add more of them, thanks for the suggestions.

Nice, I really like it. But I think you mean Reconnaissance? :tongue::wink:

I barely ever come in this forum, but I think I should visit more often. :wub:

That is just soooo 70's retro style. I'm, like, a hippy, so, like, don't get me, like, started on the dragon thing or anything because, like, that might get off-topic. Like. :tongue:

Ok that was terribly corny, but anyway, I love this Batbrick! You have a true talent in building vehicles, they all look so realistic and... awesome! :grin: I have a question (well, I'll probably have more than one, but anyway), why do you particularly choose to build in black and white as predominant colours? This isn't criticism, I'm just interested to know. :grin: I'm sure lots of your other vehicles are black and white... or maybe I'm just imagining things. If so, ignore the crazy lunatic (that's not me by the way...).

Right, I'll stop the side-talk and move on. This is a really nice, stylish MOC! It doesn't seem like classic space as such, but if Lego were to make a new space line that reflected those old sets, then this is heading in that direction. It is so sleek! But I will avoid comparing this with woman and parts of the anatomy, as that got extremely embarrassing in the other thread. Oh wait, too late... :blush:

Anyway... A good use of parts. I like the new windscreen piece, it is cool how many uses it has, I have to get me one (or more). The uses of lots of slope pieces gives this a very elegant and refined look; it appears very aerodynamic (although I wouldn't have a clue about whether it actually is, go ask Sinner :grin: ). The engines are simple but look very effective. It just shows that less often is more! :wink:

One thing I do keep noticing is that small blue spot made by the technic pin. It just seems to ruin the otherwise impeccable colour scheme. Is there perhaps some way you could cover it? Other than that this is a stunning and well executed MOC, you should be very proud. :sweet: Thumbs-Up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it, especially the Speed Racer windscreen and the use of the R2-D2 bodies as engine is great :thumbup: .

They are engines, aren't they?

Nice, I really like it. But I think you mean Reconnaissance? :tongue::wink:

Oh yeah :blush:

I barely ever come in this forum, but I think I should visit more often. :wub:

That is just soooo 70's retro style. I'm, like, a hippy, so, like, don't get me, like, started on the dragon thing or anything because, like, that might get off-topic. Like. :tongue:

Ok that was terribly corny, but anyway, I love this Batbrick! You have a true talent in building vehicles, they all look so realistic and... awesome! :grin: I have a question (well, I'll probably have more than one, but anyway), why do you particularly choose to build in black and white as predominant colours? This isn't criticism, I'm just interested to know. :grin: I'm sure lots of your other vehicles are black and white... or maybe I'm just imagining things. If so, ignore the crazy lunatic (that's not me by the way...).

Right, I'll stop the side-talk and move on. This is a really nice, stylish MOC! It doesn't seem like classic space as such, but if Lego were to make a new space line that reflected those old sets, then this is heading in that direction. It is so sleek! But I will avoid comparing this with woman and parts of the anatomy, as that got extremely embarrassing in the other thread. Oh wait, too late... :blush:

Anyway... A good use of parts. I like the new windscreen piece, it is cool how many uses it has, I have to get me one (or more). The uses of lots of slope pieces gives this a very elegant and refined look; it appears very aerodynamic (although I wouldn't have a clue about whether it actually is, go ask Sinner :grin: ). The engines are simple but look very effective. It just shows that less often is more! :wink:

One thing I do keep noticing is that small blue spot made by the technic pin. It just seems to ruin the otherwise impeccable colour scheme. Is there perhaps some way you could cover it? Other than that this is a stunning and well executed MOC, you should be very proud. :sweet: Thumbs-Up! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow! Thanks dragonator mate, glad you like it. I have no idea why I chose to build black/white this time, probably because black and white are the only two colours I had the necessary slopes to do it in. The next one won't be either colour though.

I love the windscreen piece too, it has many great uses. I am annoyed at that pin too, but alas I cannot find any black ones so I'll just have to accept it :cry_sad:

Thankyou very much for commenting!

I really like it, especially the Speed Racer windscreen and the use of the R2-D2 bodies as engine is great :thumbup: .

They are engines, aren't they?

Thanks TheBricker, yes they are the engines, I don't actually have the R2D2 head, so I have no idea where I got the body from :laugh: