Sign in to follow this  
metalandi

The torture chamber of Salzburg Castle

indexed.gif

We go further in my series of Salzburg Castle details, and the next installment is the spooky torture chamber...beware, torturing pictures ahead! :tongue: Unfortunately again with bad camera light, because i mostly build nightly/in the evening, but anyway, here we go.

General Overview:

dsc00184lc4.jpg

"Oh my god, there must be 200 meters of nothing under me!"

dsc00185vi7.jpg

What about a glowing sword warming your bones?...

dsc00186ff9.jpg

The chamber without minifigs and closed trap door:

dsc00187ih0.jpg

The "handcuffs" removed from the floor:

dsc00188hm7.jpg

I'm open for your thoughts again :sweet:

I really like what you've done here. You've made a highly detailed Torture chamber with multiple tools of pain ( :tongue:) and I love the addition of the furnace and small table (with wine on it). Great figures, an amazingly gloomy feel- I like how the wheel hangs on the wall. Simple as it is, I like how your lantern looks. The orange light was a good choice. I finally adore the trapdoor, how it opens and closes, and how there's even a supplied rafter to use the chain as a pulley. I like the random weapons just lying around, waiting to be used- the axe in the dark corner in particular. My absolute favourite part is the "headlock" torturing device (I forget what it's called) because it looks to be simple enough to create the horror effect yet not going overboard by making this huge pile of blood, spikes coming out of it and all sorts of weird additions. Very well done!

+1

I'm not a big fan of ultra-bloody MOCs, so I really like your tasteful torture chamber (Is that an oxymoron?). The torturer's head, helmet, and torso are perfect, very sinister yet classic at the same time. The mixing of red-brown and brown was also done well. :thumbup:

Thanks very much for your thoughts! I was studying around for about an hour how to make the "handcuff", but it always turned out to have way too much pieces and a bad look in the end. Suddenly it came to my mind, why not just use a a technic brick with holes in it. :tongue: I'm pretty satisfied on how it turned out and looking forward to do more mocs of the other rooms of the castle. I was looking for a good new project for a long time, and it seems now i got it. :sweet:

The horror

the HORROR!

:cry_sad: This is so terrible, and I can see that the young man will die, but I always root for the underdog. What is the cause for torture? I think Gyrolyte is involved... :tongue: (See Truck and Fork-lift review in Trains and Town Forum)

Very nicely constructed Torture Chamber. I also like the mix of brown and reddish brown, and the overhead winch looks really cool.

Nice work on the trapdoor too, "Nooooooo not the bottomless pit of tiles" :laugh: Look out for the sadistic black axe in the corner.

Top Job Andi! :sweet: