Sign in to follow this  
metalandi

The old forge of the Salzburg Castle

indexed.gif

So, i always wanted to build little forge and finally i found somne time to do it..it' not big, but i kinda like how it turned out.

First a picture form what inspired me to do it (well..kinda...it turnded out to look rather different :tongue: ), the forge at the "Festung Hohensalzburg" i was a couple weeks ago:

img8552su0.jpg

dsc00164gx3.jpg

dsc00165fx8.jpg

dsc00166pe1.jpg

dsc00167wd0.jpg

dsc00168bu8.jpg

dsc00169ot9.jpg

And as bonus a picture of the whole castle..i hope i'll be able to build this huge thing in it's full glory, sometime..but that's gonna be a long way :tongue:

001_festung_hohensalzburg_500.jpg

Let me know what you think about it! :sweet:

Very nice. :classic:

I cannot see all your pictures, but it looks good.

Is the hammer not too big?

Very nice! I have one question though....

In the second and third pictures down, you have a brown item, what is that?

It looks like some kind of press? I have no clue and since you took the tour and built it, I figure you could give me the best explanation.

Thanks.

Very nice! I have one question though....

In the second and third pictures down, you have a brown item, what is that?

It looks like some kind of press? I have no clue and since you took the tour and built it, I figure you could give me the best explanation.

Thanks.

Thanks!

I guess you mean this thing?

dsc00165fx8.jpg

This is the "foot pump" (don't know the exact english word for it) to get air in the oven and heaten the fire, you also can see it in the photo i took at the original forge.

@Wout: The Hammer is a bit big yeah, but it is about the same size as, like the one in the idea book 260 or the one in the dwarve's mine. I wanted to have a brick-built hammer too besides the normal tools, and that is the smallest i can make.

Edited by metalandi

Nice work, just need to work on the photo's a bit. I suggest taking pics during full sun, and turning the flash off. I have a lot of trouble to (esp with white skellies)

I really like the Press design, and wish i had some of those train buffers for my mocs too

Keep up the good work

Forge On!

A nice and very realistic looking forge indeed, well done, and your blacksmith looks very fitting and nice too. :thumbup:

So.... what´s your next project, the whole castle I guess, and just in the very same detailed style, huh? :tongue:

I guess that would be a life-long Project then :tongue:

I really wanna build the castle in full sometime (without interior though), but therefore i need much more space and even more bricks. That's gonna take a long time for sure. I'm going to add some interior pictures of the real castle later, maybe somebody else feels inspired by any of them too..cause there's definitely a few nice details! :sweet:

The torture chamber:

mg8588ba3.jpg

The fountain:

mg8619qo0.jpg

A cooking place:

mg8663ri2.jpg

Edited by metalandi

At first, I (stupidly) looked only at the first picture, without reading anything, and thought: "Does he really think anyone's going to think he built that?"

I'm such a fool :tongue: