Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

Doctor Gruber

indexed.gif

I picked up two of the new Agents sets on Monday, and the new bionic arm piece really inspired me. Here's a character I developed to suit it:

In the burnt wastelands of Scygia, the dark cult of Thule thrives. No individual better exemplifies the unholy melding of obscene magic and unspeakable science practiced by the Thule than Doctor Gruber, their chief research scientist. Experimenting on his own body, Gruber has freed himself from the grip of death at a price he considers a pittance, his humanity. Riddled with his biomechanoid "improvements", Gruber has systematically stripped his mind and body of any perceived weakness that might disrupt his work.

And how he enjoys his work, a quest to unify the flesh with steel in a perfectly balanced, immortal union. Always eager for new test subjects, Dr. Gruber has numerous tools to further his research . . . .

The "good" Doctor:

dr._gruber0001small.jpg

Ready to use his surgical instruments with uncanny precision:

dr._gruber0002small.jpg

Of course, some work demands a less delicate touch:

dr._gruber0003small.jpg

The Doctor will see you now . . . .

dr._gruber0004small.jpg

Another successful surgery!

dr._gruber0005small.jpg

Of course, new data always inspires future work. What other terrible experiments does Doctor Gruber have planned?

badger

Dark, yet somehow strangely hilarious. :look:

Thanks!

Two new pics:

The application of heat can sooth away those aches and pains:

dr._gruber0007small.jpg

Of course, shock treatment is also an effective means of benefiting patient mental well-being:

dr._gruber0006small.jpg

badger

Nice, I like it, especially that helmet with millitary hat, did you customize other pieces because I recognize the lower piece and upper piece, but the lower piece covers the entire minifig head, so no real way to put on the hat. Could I please ask for some hatless pics? :look:

Nice, I like it, especially that helmet with millitary hat, did you customize other pieces because I recognize the lower piece and upper piece, but the lower piece covers the entire minifig head, so no real way to put on the hat. Could I please ask for some hatless pics? :look:

All the pieces I used are stock TLC pieces or BrickArms accessories (sliver Monopod for the hand and scalpel).

Here are the pics you requested:

gruber_hatless_1.jpg

gruber_hatless_2.jpg

It's the TLC fireman breathing apparatus. There's more than enough room for some minifig headgear. The cap itself fits very tightly.

badger