Lasse D

Spyrius Moon Base Module: Space Docking Bay

indexed.gif

1overview.jpg

I needed a module to place my mothership on in the KlodfFest layout this year:

in_layout.jpg

There are two modules. The first is a small L-corridor.

l_module.jpg

It has greeble everywhere - on both sides and the roof.

l_greeble5.jpg_thumb.jpg l_greeble1.jpg_thumb.jpg l_greeble4.jpg_thumb.jpg l_greeble2.jpg_thumb.jpg l_greeble3.jpg_thumb.jpg

The big landing platform is a simple X-corridor with the four rounded parts suspended by Technic pins. It has some machinery in each of these parts, but it's hard to see.

connection.jpg_thumb.jpg x_greeble1.jpg_thumb.jpg x_greeble2.jpg_thumb.jpg x_greeble3.jpg_thumb.jpg

The colors are kept more in black than we usually see in Spyrius. I thought it looked better with this mix on the red surface.

Robots are ready to service the next ship

ready.jpg_thumb.jpg

The gaaard... keeps guard

tower.jpg_thumb.jpg

Spyrius needs a lot of antennae for surveillance

antennas.jpg_thumb.jpg

The small landing platform can lift off in case of emergency landings

small_platform.jpg_thumb.jpg

overview2.jpg

The Brickshelf gallery.

:cry_happy: Sweet I like how big it is and the modulale idea is great the base basically is great. Will you be making more to add onto this?

That launch pad looks awesome. I especially like how the Technic pins are used as a grating.

You seem to be cranking out some great models just about every week these days. A true MOC expert. :sweet:

:cry_happy: Sweet I like how big it is and the modulale idea is great the base basically is great. Will you be making more to add onto this?

Yep. The Moon Base is a standard. See here. I have also built a Futuron module here and they were both on the big display at a resent event.

It is actually quite an obvious candidate for a community project to build a big moon base with some common space themes.

That launch pad looks awesome. I especially like how the Technic pins are used as a grating.

You seem to be cranking out some great models just about every week these days. A true MOC expert. :sweet:

Thanks, but all these creations were built during this past half year. I simply saved them up for an event. It will take some time before I post new creations again - I have a lot of work piled up. Real work that is :tongue:

Impressive, very detailed, elegant and well thought-out. Just lovely. :thumbup:

Very, very impressive :thumbup: Though, a few details, maybe a greeble or two would look good :tongue: