Inertia

Scorpion Tank

indexed.gif

Well... I built this with the Creator 'Mythical Creatures' set, With parts from other sets as well. :grin:

Basically, It's supposed to look like a heavily armored Scorpion and I borrowed some ideas from Halo :devil: ... Only the idea of soldiers being able to sit on the Sideskirts. It was a drawing which I tried to get into LEGO. :laugh:

1209808378_DISPLAY.jpg

Front view, the teeth came out okay with the overall look of the tank, except it happens to be quite flimsy at the sides because of the way the Side skirts are Attached.

1209808392_DISPLAY.jpg

Side view with the soldiers on the Sideskirts, the ones wearing the AquaShark headpieces are the Normal Marines and the Dino 2010 looking guys are the Pathfinders.

It's MOCpages is here.

Hope you like it. :blush:

Edited by Sinner

Nice.

I like the colourscheme.

And overall the design is pretty cool - though I think adding more "rims" to carry the belt would give it more of an "APC" look.

m113.jpg

KimT

Nice.

I like the colourscheme.

And overall the design is pretty cool - though I think adding more "rims" to carry the belt would give it more of an "APC" look.

m113.jpg

KimT

Yeah, the rims I made kept falling off. And I only had enough green to go into 1, so I decided that I wouldn't tear down one of my SupCom Aeon MOCs.

Then again, i'll put this into consideration into Mark II.

Thanks!

Edited by Inertia

A cool color scheme and a very cool looking tank. You really managed your task with the sitting soldiers perfectly. :thumbup:

The only thing I´m a little unsure with is that reversed 2x6 plate on front.... the rest looks pretty smooth. :classic:

The sitting soldiers was a late addition, as I only had the idea after playing halo 3, and then found the sideskirts were perfect. :grin:

The reversed 2x6 plate on the front was because I wanted to try something different and that I ran out of green studless 1x2 and stuff like that. :laugh:

Yes, it does sort of look like a rhino... maybe more spikes though...

thanks for your comments :grin: