Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Dwarven "Stonesoup" Inn

indexed.gif

Well, I considered it to be a crime not to post a Castle MOC during the Castyle Month, so he's my creation: :sweet:

Dwarven "Stonesoup" Inn was named after a popular dwarven dish - Stonesoup. :classic: ) Men, dwarves, elves and even orcs visit this place quite often to get their stonesoup or just have a pleasant chat.... )

I hope you enjoy it! ) :sweet:

General views:

p1000592.jpg

p1000593.jpg

p1000596.jpg

p1000596.jpg

Ground floor:

p1000608.jpg

p1000609.jpg

First floor:

p1000611.jpg

Chief Engineer Burorin talking things over with the elf:

p1000612.jpg

p1000613.jpg

Fireplace:

p1000615.jpg

p1000616.jpg

The patrons of the inn are greeting Batbrick who has a birthday today! :laugh:

p1000617.jpg

Cheers!

p1000618.jpg

Pics with fight in the inn may be found on the second page! )

Any comments, ladies and gentlemen? ) :sweet:

Very nice work! :grin::thumbup: Is that an EXO-FORCE light brick in the fireplace? How did you get it to stay lit up?

-Toa Of Justice

Thank you! ) :classic:

Yes, it is. ) I used a small stick to make it work.... (In fact you can see it on the pic. ) )

Good day. ) :sweet:

I must admit that is one cool inn. You make use of the stupid plate pretty well! :classic: I like the outline of the inn and the interior of it looks cool and cosy too :blush: My army will love to drop by, to have a drink!

Everything about it is great except the front door. It seemed to be very narrow. Not sure what is it lacking. As for the interior, you can try and add a staircase to link your second floor. But overall, very nice MOC! :thumbup:

I like how you did the fire. I never saw that arched front door frame piece before - it newish?

No. it's quite old: first appeared in Harry Potter theme, I presume? )

I must admit that is one cool inn. You make use of the stupid plate pretty well! I like the outline of the inn and the interior of it looks cool and cosy too My army will love to drop by, to have a drink!

Everything about it is great except the front door. It seemed to be very narrow. Not sure what is it lacking. As for the interior, you can try and add a staircase to link your second floor. But overall, very nice MOC!

Thank you very much. Indeed, I tried to give it a "dwarvish" sturdy look.... ) :classic:

I'm sure the innkeper shall be mostly glad to see your brave knights in his inn. ) :sweet:

And don't forget to speak with Chief Engineer Burorin, he will soon have some new war machines.... )

Narrow? ) Well, if only for men.... Because I think that the dwarf will find it pretty big.... ) But I see your point. ) :classic:

Originally there was a staircase there.... But I didn't like the look of it and removed it.... )

Thanks again, sir knight! ) :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Very nice with a fine window design for the second floor and a good interior, especially the neat fireplace (that one rsocks indeed :laugh: ),

although I guess the roof would look better complete in black slopes.... :thumbup:

Very nice with a fine window design for the second floor and a good interior, especially that neat fireplace (that one socks indeed :laugh: ),

although I guess the roof would look better complete in black slopes.... :thumbup:

Thanks! ) :classic: So, you've noticed the socks, didn't you? ) :sweet:

I suppose you are right about the roof, I'll try to remake it, when I have time.... )

That's interesting. I never thought dwarves would have an Inn!

And why not? ) :classic: I think that dwarves with their love for good meals and drinks are the exact race to hold the chain of inns in The Kingdom.... ) Well, in my lego castle version, at least! ) :classic:

Thanks. ) :classic:

Like it! but maybe roof would be thicker. fireplace is nice, but you must do chimey to roof!

Thank you. ) :classic: Perhaps I'll revise the roof desighn..... ) As for the chimney, judging from my previous MOC-s dwarves are very technologically advanced race, so they do not waste smoke for nothing: they use it to heat the building.... ) :tongue:

Thank you all ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Any other comments? )

GOOD JOB!

I really like the way you did the fireplace using orange bricks and light :wink:

The dwark-cook is also nice, just like the idea of doing a birthday! :laugh:

GOOD JOB!

I really like the way you did the fireplace using orange bricks and light :wink:

The dwark-cook is also nice, just like the idea of doing a birthday! :laugh:

Thank you very much! ) :sweet:

:classic: Great piece of work. :classic:

How come the troll warrior hasn't got into a fight yet?? Is he invisible? :tongue:

Edited by goggleson

How come the troll warrior hasn't got into a fight yet?? Is he invisible? :tongue:

Thank you! )

He's just a very well brought up troll. ) :tongue:

That's a great MOC, The Penguin!

Thank you very much. ) :classic:

Great, nice job on the interiors! It looks cosy

Thank you, you're too kind! ) Yes, I tried to give this MOC a feeling of cosyness, since it is a civilized dwarven inn. ) :sweet:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thank you! )

He's just a very well brought up troll. ) :tongue:

That's a great MOC, The Penguin!

Thank you very much. ) :classic:

Great, nice job on the interiors! It looks cosy

Thank you, you're too kind! ) Yes, I tried to give this MOC a feeling of cosyness, since it is a civilized dwarven inn. ) :sweet:

Thank you! ) :classic:

Yes, it is. ) I used a small stick to make it work.... (In fact you can see it on the pic. ) )

I think I finally found the stick you spoke of. :knight: At first I thought I was seeing a gap between two slopes stacked over each other. :wacko: Is that stick a LEGO piece? To me, it looks like a lightsaber blade wedged into the gap between the depressed button and the inner plastic wall of the light brick. However, I tried to do that myself, and I couldn't get it work for me. :sceptic: I later managed to wedge the tool end of a minifig screwdriver into that gap and achieve your effect. :pirate: Could you please take a pic of the light brick with the stick outside your MOC so I can see exactly how you did it?

-Toa Of Justice

The outside is nice, but the inside is absolutely awesome!! Love it, and some nice photography too, really shows off the inside well.

The fireplace is sensational did you use a light up brick from that mythical creatures set (the one that makes it look like a dragon is breathing fire) for it?

Edited by hewman

I think I finally found the stick you spoke of. :knight: At first I thought I was seeing a gap between two slopes stacked over each other. :wacko: Is that stick a LEGO piece? To me, it looks like a lightsaber blade wedged into the gap between the depressed button and the inner plastic wall of the light brick. However, I tried to do that myself, and I couldn't get it work for me. :sceptic: I later managed to wedge the tool end of a minifig screwdriver into that gap and achieve your effect. :pirate: Could you please take a pic of the light brick with the stick outside your MOC so I can see exactly how you did it?

-Toa Of Justice

Well, to be presice.... I used a toothpick! )))) :laugh::grin: But I like your idea with the screwdriver.... :classic: I think it's even better.... Ok, I will take a pic, but a it later, if you don't mind.... ) :sweet:

The outside is nice, but the inside is absolutely awesome!! Love it, and some nice photography too, really shows off the inside well.

The fireplace is sensational did you use a light up brick from that mythical creatures set (the one that makes it look like a dragon is breathing fire) for it?

Oh, you are too kind! ) :blush:

Well, I suppose that light-up bricks were used for fireplaces before? I think I can remember seeing one.... :sceptic: As for the brick, I think it came from Exo-Force set.... I bought it in a special lego shop here, where they sell such details separately..... So, I'm not quite sure where it came from.... ) :sweet:

Again thank you all! ) :blush:

I beg your pardon, ladies and gentlemen for doble post, but I guess it needs to be done.... ) :blush:

An inn is not an inn without a fight, is it? ) :devil:

General view:

p1000619.jpg

"Get out of my inn, you..... !!!!"

p1000620.jpg

Crash!

p1000621.jpg

p1000622.jpg

Chief Engineer Burorin peacefully having his ale, while the elf gives a dwarf a good kick! :classic:

p1000623.jpg

Destroyed fireplace:

(Especially for Toa_Of_Justice)

p1000624.jpg

Edited by The Penguin

A simply awesome moc ThePenguin! My words cannot describe how much I love this, your dwarven creations are always a blast but this is superb!

Great use of those mottled green rock pieces on the sides of the inn, and I love the entrance with the stones and dwarf shields, simply beautiful :cry_happy:

The roof is the only bit I don't like, mainly because of the gap. Great inside too, I love the flames and details, especially the chef and drinks area.

The first floor is even better, nice tables and a simply ingenious fireplace design there, extremely clever. Thankyou very much friend for including me, thankjs for wishing me a happy birthday, you certainly made it better :classic:

Great bar brawl too, you certainly had me laughing, you have great skill in positioning minifigs in your creations, thankyou for sharing this delightful creation with us.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

A simply awesome moc ThePenguin! My words cannot describe how much I love this, your dwarven creations are always a blast but this is superb!

Great use of those mottled green rock pieces on the sides of the inn, and I love the entrance with the stones and dwarf shields, simply beautiful :cry_happy:

The roof is the only bit I don't like, mainly because of the gap. Great inside too, I love the flames and details, especially the chef and drinks area.

The first floor is even better, nice tables and a simply ingenious fireplace design there, extremely clever. Thankyou very much friend for including me, thankjs for wishing me a happy birthday, you certainly made it better :classic:

Great bar brawl too, you certainly had me laughing, you have great skill in positioning minifigs in your creations, thankyou for sharing this delightful creation with us.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Oh.... :blush: Thanks a lot! ) :cry_happy:

I indeed enjoy to work with dwarves, there's plenty of interesting things that race may have.... ) :sweet:

Yes, the roof is the thing that needs revising.... I'll do it as soon as possible. )

Really? ) You think that the first floor is better? I've always considered it to be quite common and plain.... ) :classic:

Thanks again for your kind words! ) :sweet:

Good day! ) :sweet:

Well, to be presice.... I used a toothpick! )))) :laugh::grin: But I like your idea with the screwdriver.... :classic: I think it's even better.... Ok, I will take a pic, but a it later, if you don't mind.... ) :sweet:

Oh, you are too kind! ) :blush:

Well, I suppose that light-up bricks were used for fireplaces before? I think I can remember seeing one.... :sceptic: As for the brick, I think it came from Exo-Force set.... I bought it in a special lego shop here, where they sell such details separately..... So, I'm not quite sure where it came from.... ) :sweet:

Again thank you all! ) :blush:

So, I see you actually have [minifig-scale] firewood in your fire, and it really works as kindling, too! :thumbup::tongue: I'd rather you stick with the toothpick because even though it's non-LEGO, it really works like firewood! :grin:

As for light-up bricks being used in LEGO fireplaces, I do remember something fairly close to that...in this set, there's light-up "fire" underneath the barbecue grill. Normally, the clear 2x4 light brick is an EXO-FORCE-exclusive part. Where did you manage to find yours separately? :oh:

-Toa Of Justice