Dr. Brick

SNOT techniques

Hi everybody,

I really like using some SNOT in my MOC's from time to time. Now I know there are loads of different kind of SNOT building techniques around but I couldn't find a topic that listed them all. Is there one? (if there is I'm sorry I started this topic) Otherwise send your techniques here and if there are a lot maybe a list could be made? Thank you!

Dr. Brick

Hi everybody,

I really like using some SNOT in my MOC's from time to time. Now I know there are loads of different kind of SNOT building techniques around but I couldn't find a topic that listed them all. Is there one? (if there is I'm sorry I started this topic) Otherwise send your techniques here and if there are a lot maybe a list could be made? Thank you!

Dr. Brick

no i dont remember ever having seen a (nearly) complete list on EB, try classic-space. i believe they have a few tutorials or examples on techniques...

no i dont remember ever having seen a (nearly) complete list on EB, try classic-space. i believe they have a few tutorials or examples on techniques...

A list like that, even if it were to exist would never be complete anyway, because people keep coming up with new ideas all the time. Lowlug, a Dutch lego Users group have a nice overview of techniques on their website:

http://www.lowlug.nl/index.php?option=com_...8&Itemid=52

It's in Dutch, but the pictures should be helpful and each separate item also has a link to its source (as it should be).

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi everybody,

Dr. Brick

I think something like this would be great, obviously not all the techniques, but I for one am hoping to learn some snot, so that my MOC can become better.

There is a quite extensive presentation on SNOT by James Mathis available at the ILTCO website. It's titled "Train SNOT" and the examples are mostly train-related, but the techniques are naturally universal.

PowerPoint (8MB file)

PDF (19MB file)