Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Fabuland decals

indexed.gif

Hi all you decals and Fabuland lovers,

today I'm here to present you my latest effort for the Fabuland Builder's Guild, even if it doesn't include actual bricks (for now).

As the title says, I made a few Fabuland decals :oh: , since I feel those cute Fabuland minifigs may need something special to wear for special (or even everyday) occasions.

Let's start with the first decal. Our model was, of course (just see below), Copmike. I felt a strong and charming policeman neede something more than a badge on his cap :thumbup: :

fcop_001.png

The second model, studied to fit Sinner (hence the brown skin), is a gentleman suit for, say, a dinner with Colette, or a night at the theatre, or something :wacko: :

fgentsuit_001.png

I think our walrus will look great with this :sweet: .

And here is a little gift for all the great EB decal makers: the Fabuland template, with both front and rear sides of the Fabuland minifig torso. Enjoy.

basefabuland_001.png

As you should know, the rear is longer than the front, due to the space needed for the legs rotation. [Note: this is a .png image in 300 dpi resolution.]

I haven't tried any of these, yet. So, please make me know what you think of them, and if anything needs to be changed in the proportions :wink: .

LuxorV

Hi all you decals and Fabuland lovers

That would be me. :sweet:

Very nicely done, and as I said in the headquarters of the Fabuland Builders Guild, you beat me to it. :angry::laugh:

I can just see our favourite walrus out on the town, impressing the girl he loves with his new suit. Definitely a lady killer.

Acquitted. :devil:

What?

Oh, I was acquitted, they never found the body. They never do. :skull:

I see. You really needed to share that with all of us? :look:

Erm...

Great. Now I'm telling stories based on a single line in a movie, in replies to threads about decals I didn't make based on references to events in a certain comic that shall remain nameless in which a character who isn't even our walrus, but was clearly inspired by him, appears to have, just maybe, accidentally, of course, brought about the untimely demise of a character who wasn't even really in the comic in the first place, and is entirely unrelated to the subject. :wacko:

Did I mention how much I like these decals? Well, I do, and thanks for the templates. Maybe I'll try one too!

A good idea and a very fine and charming work indeed! :thumbup:

I love you! :wub: I have the tape measure all ready to start making a template for Fabuland decals and bam! there you are before I even have to start adding. :wub: :wub: :wub: If I had a dollar, I'd give it to you.

Thank you so much!!!

I'm glad you all like them :classic: .

A good idea and a very fine and charming work indeed! :thumbup:

You know, with this Fabuland Revolution, and my, short, experience as a decal designer, I felt Fabuland minifigs needed that little something that could personalize them a bit more :wink: .

That would be me. :sweet:

Very nicely done, and as I said in the headquarters of the Fabuland Builders Guild, you beat me to it. :angry::laugh:

Did I mention how much I like these decals? Well, I do, and thanks for the templates. Maybe I'll try one too!

I love you! :wub: I have the tape measure all ready to start making a template for Fabuland decals and bam! there you are before I even have to start adding. :wub: :wub: :wub: If I had a dollar, I'd give it to you.

Thank you so much!!!

I just keep using my foreteller's abilities now and then :grin: .

I'll be waiting to see your Fabuland decals in the near future, then :wink: .

LuxorV

Finally, a dream comes true ! Now all we need is to see the decals applied on the said minifigs !

Let's start with the first decal. Our model was, of course (just see below), Copmike. I felt a strong and charming policeman neede something more than a badge on his cap :thumbup: :

fcop_001.png

:wub:! At last I can get a good looking uniform so all the hobo´s and riffraff will respect me!

Excellent work LuxorV :thumbup:!

Revolution On

copmike

I'm glad you all like them :blush: .

I'll try to post pics of these decals on the figs tomorrow :wink: .

LuxorV

Here are the pics, and a bit of story to introduce them:

One day, Sinner was running on his motorbike to get to his wife Colette. He had promised her they were going to the theatre that night, and he was late. He had spent most of the afternoon to find a gentleman suit for the occasion. You know, not all shops have walrus-sized clothes.

All of a sudden, behind a corner, Sinner found himself face to face with Copmike and his speed limit sign...

fabulanddecals_cmets_001.jpg

A close-up on Copmike

fabulanddecals_cmets_002.jpg

And now Sinner

fabulanddecals_cmets_003.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the decals, but my printer seems to have problems with darker colors :hmpf_bad:

LuxorV

Those worked out really well! They're...dare-I-say...adorable! :wub: Thanks for showing us the applied decals. :sweet:

Well if I manage to obtain copmike and sinners figs then I will probably use these. Nice job!