Shadows

Ye Olde EB News Presenteth: dragonator

image01.jpg

Welcome, Lords and Ladies, to a very special EB Castle Month episode of Ye Olde EB News Presenteth! This fine evening, we take you deep into the bowels (ewww... *sick* ) of Dragons Keep, ancestral home of our guest. I shall be your lowly servant, bringing forth entertainment and merriment ... *cough* Ok, enough of that. As I said, I'm your host, imperialshadows, Staudie will be asking the questions and generally getting underfoot, and our special guest is none other than the Lord of the Castle, dragonator. Dragon ate 'er? He barely knew 'er! *cough* Sorry. It was bound to happen. Moving on!

image02.jpg

Ah, here's Staudie now.

image03.jpg

Pardon me, ma'am, but we're producing a television show here, if you could just ... *wacko*

STAUDIE!

image04.jpg

Hi boss, I mean, good evening, m'lord.

Don't ever do that again.

What? Dost my speech displeaseth thee?

No... well, yes, but no, the point is the dress!

*Staudie looks down* WHAT?

Though I must admit, you've got the body for it. How did that happen?

Born lucky, I guess.

No, I mean the dress.

I had to get dressed in the dark, and I guess I got the wrong costume. You know, it's weird, but this place doesn't have working lights, it's like they forgot to pay the bill or something.

Uh huh. Or something. *sceptic*

image05.jpg

Well, looks like our guest is waiting, so I suppose we have no choice but to go on with this. Try to act like a proper lady, ok?

image06.jpg

Welcome, dragonator, or should I say, King dragonator?

Ah, no need for formalities shadows, we're old friends.

We go back, what, 400 years?

Something like that.

Wha? Bu-bu-bu...

What's her problem?

Corset's too tight.

image07.jpg

Hiya draggy!

Look who's talking...

Don't push your luck, even if you were a Lady, which you aren't...

I think that's my cue to start the interview!

image08.jpg

Q. Why the name Dragonator and the tuxy sigfig?

A. Well first, as some of you may know, I love dragons, and so to express this passion, I wanted to have 'dragon' somewhere in my name. I messed around with it for a while, and came up with dragonator, which I thought fit quite well. X-D My sigfig, as you say, is a tuxedo man at the moment. I chose this mainly because I needed someone to represent me, and at the time, I was working on some of my now-being-revised city, and so I made a sigfig that would fit in as the president of this city. And of course, you are always more likely to be taken seriously in a suit. *tongue* I was, however, still trying to figure out a sigfig that could represent me in other themes like castle, and anything really. This is where Batbrick found my solution recently. I particularly like his portrayal of me in his EB famous Interactive Apocalypse series, even if I am a genocidal homicidal maniac and married to someone I haven't actually met... *oh* But then again, people do sometimes call me crazy!! *tongue* I am planning on using that sigfig (or an adaption) in some of my upcoming MOC's. That is, of course, with his permission. *grin*

Q. Dragons?

A. :'-) As I said earlier, these noble creatures of wisdom are right up there in my standards with Lego. So many people in this cruel, heartless world simply ignore these brilliant beasts of the sky. Many, are afraid, others try to hunt them down and kill them as they think they are a threat. *angry* What nobody has tried is to simply be friends. Dragons do not want to hurt us, they are simply lonely and want a companion to share their thoughts with. But with centuries of abuse and hatred, no wonder many of them attack those that they feel will hurt them. Dragons are intelligent creatures, probably more so than most of the human race. They are great for an enlightening conversation, and are the loyalest and best of friends. I find that I have a certain understanding of them, and also some characteristics, like hoarding treasure Lego and an attraction to shiny objects. *grin* Of course, some of their habits do take some getting used to.

Because of my friendship with dragons, you could say that I have become a little protective of them. So next time you consider abusing or hunting an innocent dragon, be warned, I will be waiting... *devil*

I could go on about this all day, but then you might end up like that poor knight from last week... *skull*

Q. How long have you collected lego?

A. As long as I can remember. Like many people, I first started out with Duplo, which I still have in a cupboard somewhere. I have always collected Lego though, and as yet have not even thought of stopping. And I don't intent to either. Lego is just such a great thing to be interested in, and their is such a great community of good spirited collectors. I don't see myself ever stopping.

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?

A. This is always a tough question, there are so many fantastic sets out there. Anyway, here are 3 sets I really love, in no particular order.

6086 Black Knights' Towers

6086.jpg

When looking in the older catalogs, this set was always one that stood out at me. I don't own it, but I sure would love to. The other set from this time that I love is the 6082 Dragon Knights' Castle, but I wont include that here.

7419 Dragon Fortress

7419.jpg

This set is one of my all-time favourites. It is well built has some great features for good playability and and awesome dragon! *wub* I remember I had a lot of fun with this one when I got it.

There are lots more castle sets I love, and all the sets with dragons in (of course) but I think this set is really awesome too, and I do also love town sets:

10182 Café Corner

10182-1.1173544944.thumb2.jpg

This is one of my favourite recent sets, it has a fantastic design and is an inspiration for future city buildings I may one day try and build.

Some excellent choices there.

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?

A. Another difficult question. At the moment, I would say my favourite theme is the Castle line, which is really great. I am, however, a fan of many themes. Two other main ones are City and Star Wars. One of these days I am going to get round to building myself a good city layout, just not anytime soon. *sceptic* Star Wars is of course a great theme, with some nicely designed sets. I also really love the Adventurers line, especially Orient Expedition and recently the desert line as well, and the Vikings sets are great, especially the brick-built dragons. *wub*

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. For me, that is spending time with my best mate and true lego fan iamded. We only get to catch up a couple of times a year, but it is great being able to visit and spend time chatting, building and enjoying our shared passion for bricks.

Q. And, for that matter your best EB moment?

A. I haven't been around the forums as much as most, and so am still getting involved, but what I really love about this community is its openness and acceptance of all types of fans. I enjoy looking at others' MOCs, taking part in some of the competitions, and generally being in an understanding environment. I don't know how I survived before I was introduced here. :'-) One highlight at the moment is being interviewed! *sweet* (I think... *hmpf_bad* )

Our pleasure. I think. *hmpf_bad*

Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce?

A. More sets with dragons! :-D Seriously though (I was serious just then too), this is always hard. I am loving the Castle line, I hope they continue this, and I definitely want to see some elves! *oh3* Also they should make a good post-apoc theme; I have come to really like this under the influence of a few friends. *sweet* There is always a huge wish list for cool new sets, but if TLC keeps going as they are, I am sure I will like whatever comes next.

Q. How could you decribe Iamded's mental stability?

A. I could describe it in many ways. ;-) There is no denying that it isn't entirely... stable. But who am I to comment, I'm just as bad if not worse... X-D Hey, I hope you don't think I'm crazy. Cause I'm not, got it? Why wont anyone listen?! *sing*

Q. Can we see your lair?

A. Yeah, of course. It is in a bit of a mess at the moment, although better than it was; I'm just starting to dismantle some sets and am starting to finally sort some parts. *grin*

p1040803.jpg

Here is my main table. Most of the sets on this are being sorted and dismantled, so as I can work on some bigger projects and clear some space (that could just be a dream...)

p1040793.jpg

On the floor I am starting to sort pieces, such as the remains of Kings Castle Siege. On the white bookshelf are my Orient Expedition Sets. The boxes at the top of the picture are filled with other flattened boxes; that's what it has come to... *cry*

p1040802.jpg

I am also sorting instruction manuals (really, it's true, I am sorting) into clear files down here. Some viking sets up on the table, as well as... a crane?

p1040794.jpg

My entire Avatar collection. :-P Also iamded, my old sigfig, and my new sigfig.

p1040799.jpg

My Star Wars collection (well, most of it anyway).

p1040800.jpg

Café Corner and its guardian.

p1040801.jpg

Here I have some of my trains stored, in the cupboard. Also some unopened sets on the top shelf. My dream is to have a huge layout, so those trains can once again rule the shunting jards and deliver passengers. Just another of my crazy schemes.

p1040804.jpg

Under table storage. At the back is a box with more trains as well as lots of track, and in the rest of the space is mostly all city buildings I don't yet want to break up, so I cleared them off the table and they are temporarily down here.

p1040808.jpg

A small display of some of the recent Castle sets, this in a separate room (my bedroom). Lots of other Lego overflow in here as well.

p1040805.jpg

Finally, some pictures of my old Lego lair out in the garage. This wasn't the best place, as the pieces here are now all covered in sawdust and other things. So I have launched project save-my-Lego, quickly! I am in the process of cleaning all this and moving it... somewhere...

Well, that's the grand tour over.

Q. Quack-Duck-Hinklet?

A. Sometimes I do worry about your mental stability Stauder, and this is one of those times... Roar-Dragon-Staudlet?

I wish it was the only time I worried.

image11.jpg

Q. Am I Annoying?

A. As annoying as a single m#g@bl0c%s brick in a pile of Lego. But really, your not that bad, in fact, I have enjoyed this interview. But don't take the crazy one seriously..

He's wearing a dress!

Q. Who should we Interview Next?

A. There are so many people who you should interview! But next, you should interview Exo-builder. He deserves your interrogation questioning.

image13.jpg

So there you have it, that just about wraps things up for this one. I must admit, it went better than I expected, despite having to drag Staudie here! *wink*

image14.jpg

If you'll excuse me, I have some pressing matters to attend to, so I must be off.

Sure, but what's his excuse?

image16.jpg

You know, I really can't believe you dressed like that.

I didn't even know it until it was too late.

It isn't a bad colour on you, really.

Yeah, and I kind of like the way it feels smooth against my skin, like ...

*cough* Ok, enough of that. I think we'd better call it a day!

image17.jpg

Thanks to every one of you loyal viewers who put up with Staudie in a dress, and especially to our special guest dragonator, who not only provided the setting for this interview, but operated the cameras as well (yes, he did the pictures). Great job!

*camera fades*

*camera unfades*

What happened to the Hinckley joke?

Oh crap. Um. A man walks into a bar. He's carrying some clam cream in a blue bucket and asks for a drink. "Make it a triple," he says. Right then, a walrus charges into the room, knocking over a penguin and three chipmunks. "Give me that back, you scoundrel!"

I think I know this joke.

Yeah, forget it.

*camera fades again*

Silly me! *blush* Also Your late! Darn lazy pirate! Nice set though! Good work. :-D

Stauder...

Edited by Stauder

An informative and witty interview as usual, and nice castle MOC as well!

As for the dress.... *tongue*

Silly me! *blush* Also Your late! Darn lazy pirate! Nice set though! Good work. :-D

Let's just hope you're not late ... *oh*

Plus I'm not. I'm exactly on time. Matter of fact, days ago at the launch of Castle Month, I said that the next interview would appear on Thursday. The reason it's thursdays now is because I was late last week, but that is so not the point! *angry*

Hail the KyogreDragon2.gif-nator *thumbup*!

Nice interview with lots of information, and good pics of your dragoncave.

I´m looking forward to see big dragon MOC´s and stuff in the future!

Flame On

copmike

Surprising but good interview... and I love the set piece. I wouldn't mind hearing the rest of that joke though... *tongue*

Hail the KyogreDragon2.gif-nator *thumbup*!

Nice interview with lots of information, and good pics of your dragoncave.

I´m looking forward to see big dragon MOC´s and stuff in the future!

Flame On

copmike

Why thank you! *blush* I look forward to building some greatdragons, I just need to get a few more pieces first...

I am building a robotic dragon. *grin* It's for the RopoCup New Zealand competition later in the year. Just one of my many unfinished projects. *wink*

Surprising but good interview... and I love the set piece. I wouldn't mind hearing the rest of that joke though... *tongue*

Thanks Sinner, I want to hear the joke too! Then again, some things are best left unsaid... *tongue*

There Now I'm forced to change my avvie! *hmpf_bad* *tongue*

Staudie...

*laugh* That is very... fitting... *wink* Thanks to both you and shadows for such a great interview, it was great fun and a real experience (I never knew Staudie could fit a size 9...)

The comments from you shadows always make me laugh! *laugh* Good job with the commentary. *thumbup*

Another great interview. Even though, it's about Dragonator... *laugh*

You have an impressive collection there D-Tater, Mine is so small compared to yours *hmpf_bad* *tongue*

Awesome pictures, though, I may have to get therapy now... *wink*

Great interview by ImperialShadows and Staudie! *thumbup*

It's very enteraining to read the interview!

Dragonator, great collection u have there! U really need to spend a lot of time to do some serious sorting down there. *tongue* I really do hope to see more Dragon related sets too! *classic*

Not if we're going to keep our EB-PG rating. *tongue*

There Now I'm forced to change my avvie! *hmpf_bad* *tongue*

*laugh* *laugh* *laugh*

*laugh* That is very... fitting... *wink* Thanks to both you and shadows for such a great interview, it was great fun and a real experience (I never knew Staudie could fit a size 9...)

You know what really does the trick.

The corset?

Corset is.

The comments from you shadows always make me laugh! *laugh* Good job with the commentary. *thumbup*

One does what one can. It's always easier with good material to work with. Or Staudie. I knew I kept him around for some reason. *wink*

Great interview guys! Always great to see another one, and I really enjoyed reading about dragonator.

Q. Why the name Dragonator and the tuxy sigfig?

A. Well first, as some of you may know, I love dragons, and so to express this passion, I wanted to have 'dragon' somewhere in my name. I messed around with it for a while, and came up with dragonator, which I thought fit quite well. X-D My sigfig, as you say, is a tuxedo man at the moment. I chose this mainly because I needed someone to represent me, and at the time, I was working on some of my now-being-revised city, and so I made a sigfig that would fit in as the president of this city. And of course, you are always more likely to be taken seriously in a suit. *tongue* I was, however, still trying to figure out a sigfig that could represent me in other themes like castle, and anything really. This is where Batbrick found my solution recently. I particularly like his portrayal of me in his EB famous Interactive Apocalypse series, even if I am a genocidal homicidal maniac and married to someone I haven't actually met... *oh* But then again, people do sometimes call me crazy!! *tongue* I am planning on using that sigfig (or an adaption) in some of my upcoming MOC's. That is, of course, with his permission. *grin*

Aww, thanks buddy! *cry_happy* I'm really happy to have given you an idea for another sigfig, he's looking great in the Castle RPG. You do of course have my full permission, I'm just really happy I could help, and thanks for your comments on my Interactive Apocalypse, I might have to build you something for that, maybe something with wheels *wink*

As for your wife, I was gonna give you someone on here, but that would leave you with Stauder *grin*

7419 Dragon Fortress

This set is one of my all-time favourites. It is well built has some great features for good playability and and awesome dragon! *wub* I remember I had a lot of fun with this one when I got it.

I so want that one, it is probably my favourite set ever yet I do not own it *sad*

Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce?

A. More sets with dragons! :-D Seriously though (I was serious just then too), this is always hard. I am loving the Castle line, I hope they continue this, and I definitely want to see some elves! *oh3* Also they should make a good post-apoc theme; I have come to really like this under the influence of a few friends. *sweet* There is always a huge wish list for cool new sets, but if TLC keeps going as they are, I am sure I will like whatever comes next.

Is that post-apoc theme comment aimed at me? If so, victory! *skull* And thanks *wub*

Q. How could you decribe Iamded's mental stability?

A. I could describe it in many ways. ;-) There is no denying that it isn't entirely... stable. But who am I to comment, I'm just as bad if not worse... X-D Hey, I hope you don't think I'm crazy. Cause I'm not, got it? Why wont anyone listen?! *sing*

Please, while iamded (being my archenemy and all) is totally nuts, you are far worse. I recall a certain self proclaimed "Lord" Dragonator slaughtering thousands of innocent survivors yet going ballistic if someone so much as touched a dragon's scaly hide *tongue*

Q. Who should we Interview Next?

A. There are so many people who you should interview! But next, you should interview Exo-builder. He deserves your interrogation questioning.

I would also like very much to see an Exobuilder interview, if only to see him lavish praise upon me! *laugh*

As before, great Castle themed interview guys, thanks again. Any tips on who's next or is that a secret for now?

And a question for dragonator, what got you into the dragon obsession in the first place?

Batbrick Away! *devil*

Aww, thanks buddy! *cry_happy* I'm really happy to have given you an idea for another sigfig, he's looking great in the Castle RPG. You do of course have my full permission, I'm just really happy I could help, and thanks for your comments on my Interactive Apocalypse, I might have to build you something for that, maybe something with wheels *wink*

Yay, build me a wheely thing! *sweet* Destruction ON! *devil*

As for your wife, I was gonna give you someone on here, but that would leave you with Stauder *grin*

*oh3* Oh please, being interviewed by a man in a dress was bad enough... *tongue*

Please, while iamded (being my archenemy and all) is totally nuts, you are far worse. I recall a certain self proclaimed "Lord" Dragonator slaughtering thousands of innocent survivors yet going ballistic if someone so much as touched a dragon's scaly hide *tongue*

Ok, you got me there. *blush* But you all know that I was perfectly correct in my actions. *wink*

And a question for dragonator, what got you into the dragon obsession in the first place?

I don't think anyone got me into my obsession with dragons. I've just always been obsessed. *grin* Maybe I was a dragon in a past life... *tongue*

Thanks for the comments Batbrick, very much appreciated! *sweet*

Nice interview guys! I think the sets are especially nice this time, and really add to the interview.

What nobody has tried is to simply be friends. Dragons do not want to hurt us, they are simply lonely and want a companion to share their thoughts with.

I agree, dragons are just misunderstood. Just because they kill us, burn down our towns and hoard our treasure doesn't mean we shouldn't be friends.

I agree, dragons are just misunderstood. Just because they kill us, burn down our towns and hoard our treasure doesn't mean we shouldn't be friends.

I hope that's not sarcasm. *tongue* But really, humans have it wrong. Dragons do not attack unprovoked, there is always a reason, they may feel scared, intimidated etc by humans. And hoarding treasure is just part of their nature, like a squirrel hoard nuts. So you're right in what you say, despite all that, we should make an effort to be friendly, and then all the killing and burning could be avoided. *sweet*

On another note, I just went ahead and bought myself the 6086 Black Knight's Castle! *wub* It is second hand and doesn't have a box, and there is a stress mark on the corner of the baseplate ( *oh3* ) but I can't wait to get my hands on it! It just looks such a beautiful set! *grin*

Older Castle Sets ON!

I see you finally got that Jedi Hyper-ring Blaster Kit Fisto set. (It's name escapes me... :tongue:) That 6086 Black Knights' Towers is a wonderful set, to think I never even knew about it before now! When I go see you (Only a week now!) I have to browse through those old catalogues! :cry_happy:

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. For me, that is spending time with my best mate and true lego fan iamded. We only get to catch up a couple of times a year, but it is great being able to visit and spend time chatting, building and enjoying our shared passion for bricks.

Aw, thanks mate! :cry_happy:

Your lair has changed quite a bit, lookin' good. One day you'll have a sweet town display, all fancy and packed with action. But for now, we just have to keep sorting... *grin*

I see three identical unopened set there, what are they? Looks like a Creater set, but then at the bottom it looks like a Pirate ship... :wacko:

Great interview shadows and Stauder, and dragonator. A pleasure as always, looking forward to the next one!

~Peace

I see you finally got that Jedi Hyper-ring Blaster Kit Fisto set. (It's name escapes me... :tongue:) That 6086 Black Knights' Towers is a wonderful set, to think I never even knew about it before now! When I go see you (Only a week now!) I have to browse through those old catalogues! :cry_happy:

Aw, thanks mate! :cry_happy:

Your lair has changed quite a bit, lookin' good. One day you'll have a sweet town display, all fancy and packed with action. But for now, we just have to keep sorting... *grin*

I see three identical unopened set there, what are they? Looks like a Creater set, but then at the bottom it looks like a Pirate ship... :wacko:

Great interview shadows and Stauder, and dragonator. A pleasure as always, looking forward to the next one!

~Peace

Yes, I did eventually decide to get the Hyperdrive thingy. :tongue: The 6086 is awesome, hopefully it will arrive while your here. :wink:

In regards to my lair, I have again added another bookshelf to it just today. Hopefully this will give me a little more space. :blush: The desks are all set up waiting for a huge number of pieces to appear out of the air to make a town layout... :tongue:

Ah, yes, those boxes are creator mosaics. :blush: I got them at a 50% off clearance sale at K-mart in Palmerston North of all places. I haven't opened them yet because I don't have anywhere to sort the bricks into... :grin:

Glad you liked the interview!

Yes, I did eventually decide to get the Hyperdrive thingy. :tongue: The 6086 is awesome, hopefully it will arrive while your here. :wink:

*huh**oh2* You got that? We better continue this conversation in P.M...

~Peace

They don't look different? :wacko:

Really? *huh* Look at that! *oh2*

:grin:

~Peace :jollyroger:

Really? *huh* Look at that! *oh2*

:grin:

~Peace :jollyroger:

oh2.gif

what????grrr is there something someone isnt telling me :wacko:

Edited by hollisbrick