Sign in to follow this  
Yumago

Pyrions --- XCA-36 - Cobalt Redknee - "Tarantula"

indexed.gif

Hey people, this is my first MOC here, hope you like it :-)

This is a homebrewed faction, more MOCs are on their way, but I first need to wait for some nice BrickLink packages. Anyhow, here's the description for the side and craft.

Pyrions

Setup:

I've had the idea for a faction like this for quite a few years and BrickLink finally got me the parts required when I emerged from my dark ages. ;-)

The Pyrions trouble the universe in black ships with trans-red windscreens, panels and other doodads sometimes accompanied by a dash of Cobalt blue. Their logo is a Cobalt blue spider over an ember.

Logo version one, keep in mind it's been done using colours from the actual lego palette. I might one day request them as customs of some sort.

PyrionLogo.png

And this is version two, without the red circle on the back.

PyrionLogoV2.png

Background info:

The Pyrions are the perfect example of what happens when a dangerous cult starts traversing the universe. The Pyrions have even more enemies than the Blacktron terrorist and Spyrius infiltration cells added together, but it doesn't really bother them. They have set out on a quest of eliminating any and all opposition.

They use an assimilation routine: invade a primitive world and pose as gods. From that point on they will take over the entire planet and drain it from its natural resources. This routine has not only resulted in free access to a virtually unlimited supply of precious materials, but also blind support from these species. The horde must be stopped, but cooperation between several factions is required to establish an effective counter-offensive.

XCA-36 - Cobalt Redknee - "Tarantula"

The eXperimental Combat class "Cobalt Redknee" - model 36 - carrying Annihilator grade weaponry. It is a rather large fighter dubbed the "Tarantula" by friend and foe alike. It has not yet been taken into mass-production, but its efficiency has definitely been proved in field-tests. It sports 4 high-powered "Cobalt" plasma jet cannons, 6 "Nihillium" missile launchers and 6 "Firefly" short range low-power lasers. Its main speciality is its frontal assault. It is equipped with a sophisticated shield generator and augmented and fully integrated mainframe AI. This combination allows the Tarantula to very carefully calculate what radius and coordinates gaps in the shield "bubble" should have during weapon usage. This seamless integration of and communication between combat systems makes sure the Tarantula is no longer vulnerable at the front when opening fire, making fatal lucky shots very rare and ensuring utter superiority in dogfights with even significantly larger opponents.

Thumbnails, they're clickable... So click them! :-P

The original pics were far too large to either upload or link to, but Photobucket has this great way of storing thumbnails (the thumbnail URL only differs from the real pic by "th_"), which made making this wall 'o pics rather easy ;-)

Took me a while to get the camera to work properly, but the result is nice I guess.

Different perspectives

th_Tarantula003.jpgth_Tarantula042.jpgth_Tarantula059.jpgth_Tarantula049.jpg

Cockpit and Windscreen. Mmm, lovely trans-red...

th_Tarantula2055.jpgth_Tarantula2064.jpgth_Tarantula2063.jpgth_Tarantula2053.jpg

Overhead views and a cockpit pic

th_Tarantula048.jpgth_Tarantula002.jpgth_Tarantula004.jpgth_Tarantula045.jpg

Back 'o the craft and some greebling

th_Tarantula050.jpgth_Tarantula2028.jpgth_Tarantula2024.jpgth_Tarantula2060.jpg

Greebling on top

th_Tarantula040.jpgth_Tarantula2062.jpgth_Tarantula2058.jpgth_Tarantula011.jpg

Bottom view

th_Tarantula2043.jpgth_Tarantula2021.jpgth_Tarantula033.jpgth_Tarantula032.jpg

Please keep in mind I'm still a novice in terms of MOCcing and my collection of parts doesn't reach a billion... :-P

Have fun! :-)

Edited by Sinner

That´s a very stylish and interesting space fighter.... the color scheme fits perfect, and all these black hoses look plain cool. :'-)

My favorite part is just that wonderful backside of it, a pretty clear and distinct design. And although the whole weaponry fits

very well indeed, a more complex weapon design could work a little better with the special dark charm of your 'Tarantula', perhaps. 8-|

I like both versions of your faction logo, and your background story quite well. Epic space battles on! *y*

A great job there, I love the "Tarantula", excellent colour scheme, very intimidating!

I love the backstory too, great work!

Stalking iamded! *skull*

Hey peeps!

Yep, I'm bumping/necroposting/whatever-floats-your-internet-lingo-boat, yay, but I've got a relatively good reason to do so! :tongue:

It has come to my attention I like trans red and black very much, so I have constructed almost an entire fleet ships for this faction. Currently I have 8 ships (including the good 'ol Cobalt Redknee) 100% or 99.95% complete (+ 4 random tiny little itty bitty octagonal speeder thingies), and a squadron of 19 associated minifigs.

I have bought (read: I'm currently waiting for the invoices of) yet another huge amount of hoses, wedges, cockpits, windscreens, etc. as well as 20 blacktron I minifigs ready for the transformation and subsequent assimilation into the Pyrion horde :skull: , lol (well, when they arrive, that is... :blush: ), so those interested should have plenty to look at the next few weeks.

I didn't get that many replies on this one :cry_sad: , I hope people won't go berzerk over this, I'm just warming up for posting more. It's night over here and my video camera's battery wasn't charged, I'll have to wait till tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow in case I forget like usual) to get things up. Still, you're all free to post and make me happy :sweet:

However, I do have a blurry picture taken with the crappy camera on my mobile here, It's a top-front view taken far away, so as not to spoil any of the delicious details... :laugh:

PyCol.jpg

For size comparison, the upper left ship is the Cobalt Redknee... :wink:

Sorry to hear your MOC was neglected. Sometimes times are busy and topics aren't noticed. My advice on that is to add links to your recent MOCs in your signature and post around more... :wink:

As for the MOC itself, it's classic in some ways yet more like todays styles in others. I like it. :sweet: I'll be looking out for more MOCs from you in the future. :laugh:

As for the MOC itself, it's classic in some ways yet more like todays styles in others. I like it. :sweet: I'll be looking out for more MOCs from you in the future. :laugh:

ditto. cant wait to see more.

"Evening , commissioner."

jifel

Edited by jifel