Sign in to follow this  
ThePaleMan

Thundertank

indexed.gif

Most of you remember the Thundercats cartoon, right?

Well, I have always been a big fan of the show and wanted to build the Thundertank for quite some time. A monmth or so ago, I decided to just do it. 30 some odd hours later, this is what I got. It really felt like more of a sculpture than a MOC. Trying to find good ways build it with the parts LEGO makes and with the discrepancies in the resource materials was a real challenge.

\/ Click Here! \/

Thundertank on flickr.

/\ Click Here! /\

2351202786_b4868c20d9_o.jpg

Feel free to comment.

Thanks,

TPM

Edited by imperialshadows

I remember the show, but I've never seen it.

I also like how they grey/bley mix. Looks good for a tank.

Lastly, I see hinges near the back. Does it have an interior? If so, we'd love to see it.

Edited by Faramir

Heh! This is awesome :'-) I remember watching the cartoon however long ago. The track shape turned out great, good job on the whole thing *sweet*

I saw this thread title and thought "Thundertank? That's Thundercats. I'm gonna have to go and suggest to this MOCer that he go and look up the origins of the name he's given his MOC."

Then I saw this.

Impressive!

That's absolutely excellent. I love the use of the printed domes at the rear (from the AT-AT/AT-TE, yes?) and the claws at the front.

Does the tank do anything? Like have a hidden cannon in the rear?

Whetever, great job.

I haven't seen Thundercats, but I can say that is one kick-megablocks tank! I love it! Really great job! *y* *y*

~Peace

Impressive.... that´s a MOC in a (due to the original I guess) pretty complex shape.... that was for sure not so easy to render....

You did a really good job, it just looks superb. Congrats, your efforts payed off very well, a fine creation indeed and very clever too. *y*

Very well done! I too haven't seen the show, but that tank looks awesome. Keep up the great work! *sweet*

I've seen the show back then and I must say this one's pretty acurate. But it still needs a cannon to be called a tank. X-D

Thanks for the great comments! And if you will click up there on the line that says 'Thundertank on Flickr', you will see that is does have an interior and a cannon. I didn't just phone this in, you know. :) I put a lot of work into it and I hope you can all take the time to look through the flickr photos.

TPM

Nice job, Here is a reference pic for all of you to compare.

Thundertank-000.jpg

Quite good if ye ask me.

Stauder.

Simply stunning!!!! I love the T-Cats and your Thundertank is just perfect!!

Hey perhaps your thundertank and my thundercats need to get togethere? ;-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=237943

Any chance of some more t-cat vehicles?

I actually have your TCats figs bookmarked and have had for some time. A friend sent me the link a year or so ago. I don't suppose you have more decals? I'd be very interested in getting some artwork from you if you're willing to share. It would really help me out.

I have been contemplating the Fist-Pounder since it would be a real challenge. But, I think I will most likely do a Skycutter and maybe a Hovercat. Probably a Nosediver as well.

TPM

I actually have your TCats figs bookmarked and have had for some time. A friend sent me the link a year or so ago. I don't suppose you have more decals? I'd be very interested in getting some artwork from you if you're willing to share. It would really help me out.

I have been contemplating the Fist-Pounder since it would be a real challenge. But, I think I will most likely do a Skycutter and maybe a Hovercat. Probably a Nosediver as well.

TPM

I always save my decal artwork....somewhere lol, anyway im sure i can help you out.

Do you have any instructions for the T-Tank? Would be great if you did.

Oh and how about building a cats lair :-D that would take forever.

Well, a Cat's Lair would have to be at least 8' high to be even close to scale... Can you imagine? With a head that turns and eyes that light up? Maybe in mini form. While I do occasionally do instructions for MOCs, I did not do any for this. It was very much an organic build and some sections had little planning before I went to the build table.

I will PM you my contact info, so when you find those decals, let me know. That would be sweet.

TPM