Shadows

EB News Presents SirNadroj!

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, imperialshadows, this is Staudie who will be asking the questions this evening (and every evening, I swear the kid won't stop asking questions), and our special guest is a skunk! No, wait, that's just his hair, it's SirNadroj! :-$

Before we begin this evening, I'd like to take a moment to read some viewer mail. We get a lot of letters and emails from thoughtful, and some not so thoughtful viewers, and it's important to acknowledge them, so here we go:

Dear Impy,

Why didn't you call me back? I thought we had a great evening and an even better morning and ...

UH, sorry folks, this one wasn't meant for reading on air. :-$

Go on boss, I want to hear this one.

Here, you read it to yourself.

*Staudie reads for a minute, turns blood red and quickly shoves the letter to the side* Um... next! :-$

Dear EB News Presents:

When can we expect you to have that lovely Hinckley fellow on the program again? He's just such a dear and always so entertaining, not to mention cute and funny and ... *wacko*

Uh. Staudie, hand me that envelope. *reads envelope* You know, if you're going to send us a letter like that, you should at least put a fake return address. :-|

Ok, let's try one more letter. :-/

Dear Mr. Stauder:

You may already be a winner!

Ok, that's enough. Clearly these people don't watch the show.

Let's just start the interview.

Q. Why The Name SirNadroj? Its a rather odd name... Also what is your sigfig? A medic? A Russian Soldier? A Cameraman? (We need more of those :D Your Hired!) A Wierdo with black hair and a stripe of white paint on his head?

A. SirNadroj comes from my real name: Jordan. (Backwards) Not sure where the Sir came from, though. X-D My current sigifg is a custom Medic minifigure, from Brickarms. But I'm sure it'll change soon. ;-)

Q. Can we have better pics of the Medic? I havent seen any anywhere...

A. http://forums.brickarms.com/forums/yaf_pos...ss-Reports.aspx

http://forums.brickarms.com/forums/yaf_pos...c-Supplies.aspx

This commercial message brought to you by the good folks at ... ;-)

Q. Who is Adolfo Pirelli?

A. Adolfo Pirelli is the flamboyant, "Italian" barber from Stephen Sondheim's musical "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". He is my favorite character in Burton's remake (played by actor Sacha Baron Cohen: better known as Borat) He is fun character to work with, hence the vignette(s) and my latest MOC: Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Wagon.

Q. Can you reveal your Custom Fig Making Secrets to us?

A. I use waterslide decals. It's a delicate process, to say the least. It basically involves dipping the decal into water, and sliding it off the backing paper onto a surface. I don't make my own decals, as the paper is expensive, but I buy them from Fine Clonier Decals.

Did we order more commercials? :-P

Q. What software do you use to make mosaics? How many parts does 1 mosaic require? What is your latest Mosaic?

A. I use a prgram called "Bricksaic". One mosaic (48 x 48) requires 2,304 1x1's. I use four colours: Light grey, medium grey, dark grey and black. Funny you ask what my latest one will be, as I made renderings last night for Pirelli, Judge Turpin and Sweeney Todd. I'll probably go with Sweeney, though. ;-)

Q. What got you into Lego? How old where you?

A. I think a distant relative gave my older brother one, and that's were it began. I had to be at least 2 years old, maybe three.

Q. Do you make Lego mosaics as a profession or as a hobby?

A. Both. I have some for my own collection, but I do sell them, too. I've sold three or four now. One of which I donated to a charity auction and sold for $1,750 USD! (But they usually sell between $120 - $275)

Q. How long does it take to make 1 mosaic?

A. Between 3-5 hours, depending on how intriacte it is.

Q. Best moment here on EuroBricks?

A. Hmmm, I can't choose. ;-) Every moment at EB is great! :-| ...... :-D

Could have said it was being interviewed. :-P

Q. Can we see your Lair?

A. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/2178146041/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/2178145371/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/2178144685/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/217...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/217...in/photostream/

Q. Am I annoying?

A. I've dealt with worse. Trust me. ;-)

Anyone who says 'Trust me' is lying. :-P

Q. What is your favouirte Theme?

A. Another tough question. Maybe the Dragon Knights, Imperial Soldiers, or Star Wars.

Q. And top 3 favourite sets?

A.

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=6020-1

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=1802-1

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=10182-1

Q. Any new mocs you'd like to premier here?

A. Hopefully some more Sweeney MOCs. I just finsihed a mini-fig scale, working barber chair, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Maybe one or two mosaics I mentioned above, and, well, I guess we'll just have to wait to see what else will come. I've got so many projects I want to work on, but never get to. :'-(

Q. Who should be our next victim?

A. The better question is "Who deserves to be annoyed?" :-P In all seriousness, I'm not sure. I'm sure you'll think of someone! ;-)

I hope he does, from what I can tell, we've got nobody lined up. 8-

A short and sweet interview.

I have some questions, if I may SirN:

What is your favorite past MOC (from your own collection)?

What is your favorite theme and why?

What's with the dummy in your lair? (no, not you IS :-D) Are you into ventriloquism?

Who on EB do you most enjoy?

Oh my gosh! Nadroj... is Jordan... backwards! 8-

Edited by iamded

I never knew some of that stuff. Hey Jordan is that Lego sign a mosaic?

A new nice interview *y*

Very short answers, but still informative.

Keep it up guys.

Intreviews On!

-Ras-

Another great interview *y*

Thanks to imperialshadows and Staudie for the show, and to SirNadroj for the good answers *sweet* .

LuxorV

Thanks for that great interview guys, its good to know about our resident moc freak :-D

That is a LOT of Lego there SirNadroj, how do you afford it all?

Nice answers too, and a funny joke at the end *y*

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Nice one Jordan a.k.a SirNadroj *y*!

Lots of stuff in your dungeon, looks like you get stuff from every line.

Looking forward to the next mosaic *y*!

To the interview team - could there be more questions? It feels like just when you get into the interview it

To the interview team - could there be more questions? It feels like just when you get into the interview, it's over!

I'm all for more questions, it means less filler for me to make up. HOPEFULLY STAUDIE IS READING THIS. *cough* Ahem. As I was saying, more questions would be great. X-D

Thanks for the feedback, guys! And a special thanks to IS and Staudie for interviewing me! *sweet* *y*

My sigfig has changed since the interview: It was Sweeney Todd, then my Brickarms Medic, and now...that's right: Daniel Plainview, from There will be Blood! ;-)

(He's been known to drink your milkshake ;-) )

A short and sweet interview.

I have some questions, if I may SirN:

1.What is your favorite past MOC (from your own collection)?

2.What is your favorite theme and why?

3.What's with the dummy in your lair? (no, not you IS :-D) Are you into ventriloquism?

4. Who on EB do you most enjoy?

Sure! ;-)

1. My favourite past MOC has to be either my Stagecoach:

coach2.jpg

Or Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies Shoppe:

1-18.jpg

OR Pirell's Miracle Elixir Wagon:

1-31.jpg

2. Favourite theme, eh? Hmmmm... Ice Planet 2002, Imperial Soldiers or Dragon Knights

3. That's just Chuck, my twin's ventriloquist dummy. My twin adores puppets of any variety. He scares me.... 8-|

4. On EB? Well, I enjoy everyone! :-P

Hey Jordan is that Lego sign a mosaic?

Nah, that's a promo sign from a toy store I bought from someone online. ;-) A LEGO logo out of bricks would be cool, though. *y*

I wish I knew. :-D

Edited by SirNadroj

Yes, who on EB do you enjoy the most Jordan? 8-| :-P

It was nice to finally see them reviewing you Jordan, it's about time! Though, I already knew most of that ;-)

I think one of use needs to change our name, it gets so confusing seeing Jordan everywhere *wacko* :-D

I really enjoyed this interview though *y*

*sweet*

Edited by Exobuilder

Err.... ahhh... as others have said, this one needed more questions! I want to know more! (The jokes were the definite highlight of this one! :-D ) Thanks SirNadroj for answering the bonus round... X-D Just the same; more interviews! *sweet*

That's a tad rude! 8-

That's a tad rude! 8-
Edited by Batbrick

What? Sorry, I didn't expect an answer, I merely implied it as a compliment to his collection ;-)

To SirNadroj: No offense taken I hope, if so then I give my sincere apologies my friend, I very much enjoyed looking through those flickr pictures, and always enjoy seeing your new mocs! :-)

Oh, don't worry about it! I took no offense! :-D I actually took it as a compliment. ;-)

I wish I was rich.... I've just built my collection up slowly over the years. Well, more like fast, but.... X-D