AFOL SF

Instructions To Build ALL 30 Models Of The Lego Hobby Train (10183)

traintech1.jpg

There is this nagging question I have been wanting to ask you guys. Here goes:

It's about the Lego Hobby Train (Set #10183). It comes with instruction to build 1 model and it says you can build another 29 models with instructions for each that can be downloaded on the Lego website.

My question is: Has anyone ever downloaded ALL 30 instructions and burned a CD/DVD copy for their own personal use?

The reason why I'm asking is that I don't have the sources to download all 30 instructions and my PC at home is very old and slow and can't handle the size. I'm sure there are some people who has the same dilemma as I do and would love to get a copy of each of these said instructions.

Suggestions, comments... is appreciated.

AFOL SF

I have just had a quick look and the only thing I can find is an Insperational sheet which can be found here

Idea Sheet for 10183

There is instructions but only for the 1 main model, these can ba found here

Instructions

Hope this helps

Gallop

I have just had a quick look and the only thing I can find is an Insperational sheet which can be found here

Idea Sheet for 10183

There is instructions but only for the 1 main model, these can ba found here

Instructions

Hope this helps

Gallop

Thanks for the response, Gallop...

So how easy/hard is it to get the other 29 instructions? I wish Lego gave us (consumers) the option to buy these instructions separately - I don't think it would've cost the company that much to produce a CD/DVD. Oh, well... I thought I'd ask to find out if anyone would know something that I don't.

AFOL SF

I thought all of the 30 instructions were available from within the Lego Factory ?

But you'd need to install the Lego Digital Designer and if your pc is old/low spec then that may be an issue

I thought all of the 30 instructions were available from within the Lego Factory ?

But you'd need to install the Lego Digital Designer and if your pc is old/low spec then that may be an issue

You are correct, Andy... having an old/slow PC is an issue for me so I am looking for alternate way(s) to get a copy of the other 29 instructions. Any suggestions?

I always thought the only thing you can download from Lego Factory were the lxf-files. 8-|

I've got all the 30 instructions in pdf format. X-D

It's "written" in a strange way (almost every single added brick in one step :-| ), but I've tried 3 different engines so far and it works. All in all it's 30 MB.

If you've got a way to upload the stuff - I will be there!

As an alternative to upload the whole pdf-pack I can email single pdf's.

The numbers of the alternative models are shown on the poster of the set.

I will take a picture of it asap and post it here.

EDIT: Here you are.

hobby_train.jpg

You can pm me if you want a specific instruction.

Stay tuned!

The numbers of the alternative models are shown on the poster of the set.

I will take a picture of it asap and post it here.

EDIT: Here you are.

hobby_train.jpg

You can pm me if you want a specific instruction.

Stay tuned!

Hey, Holodoc... thanks for the offer. I will surely let you know when it's time for me to build 1 (or some) of the other models. Trully appreciate the offer.

AFOL SF

Brickshelf allows pdf's, doesn't it?

I am curious about model 16; it uses 2...

6583.1067824097.jpg

...and zero are in the set... :-/

I am curious about model 16; it uses 2...

6583.1067824097.jpg

...and zero are in the set... :-/

It actually uses a combination of these:

6187.png

4083.png

30377.png

At least, that's what the downloadable model uses. These make up a guardrail that goes around the snout at both ends of the locomotive.

It actually uses a combination of these:
Thanks! *sweet* Maybe I should download the instructions then.... :-$

Brickshelf allows pdf's, doesn't it?

You're right! :'-)

I've uploaded all instructions to my account.

Have fun!

The instructions only run in Digital Designer so even if someone downloads the files, you will have to have a computer new enough to run the software. I downloaded them all, but i have a cable connection and a new Macbook.

Once you have them and go to building guide mode, they do an animated build which takes some getting used to as you have to constantly rotate your point of view to see where the additions take place. The nice part is being able to re-run the build for tricky parts that may have been hard to figure out in the traditional single point of view printed instructions.

My advice: buy fewer Legos until you get a decent computer. I know its hard since the recent sets are so much better than they have been for years, especially the Town/City series.

The instructions only run in Digital Designer so even if someone downloads the files, you will have to have a computer new enough to run the software. I downloaded them all, but i have a cable connection and a new Macbook.

Once you have them and go to building guide mode, they do an animated build which takes some getting used to as you have to constantly rotate your point of view to see where the additions take place. The nice part is being able to re-run the build for tricky parts that may have been hard to figure out in the traditional single point of view printed instructions.

My advice: buy fewer Legos until you get a decent computer. I know its hard since the recent sets are so much better than they have been for years, especially the Town/City series.

Ah... decisions... decisions... A new computer or more (new) Lego sets? What should it be, my friends? I think the Legos will win on this one. There is no doubt in my mind. But thank you all for your inputs. I hope to reciprocate in the future.

Today I wanted to build one of the models from 10183 which i had not yet built before. As usual I went to lego.com for instrutions, but now instead of "factory" there is "Lego design by Me" which is ok. The problem is that that together with "factory" also all instructions dissapeared. Is there any way to still get these files? I tried pdf-s mentioned in this topic, but the quality is really bad.

So, if someone still has these files, I would really appreciate if it could send them to me, or show me where on internet I could find them.

Edited by Cwetqo

For those who need them or missed out on purchasing the set, here are the original building instructions from the LEGO Factory website. Apparently they are still stored on their servers. Rather than giving a list of links, I have included all 30 instructions in LDD format on a .zip file that you can download from my SkyDrive account here.

If instead you would like .jpeg screenshots for each step of a particular model, you can send me a PM and I'll try to get it to you in a timely manner.

I hope this helps anyone looking for this information! :classic:

Thank you for pointing that out, Brickster!

I have changed the link and it should work now. The new link is http://cid-c55c2a3e10b5d929.skydrive.live....ons%2010183.zip. For safety reasons, the file is protected by a password, which you can find on my profile page under "Interests". This is to ensure that my files are not put anywhere but here at Eurobricks.

I hope this is alright with admins and moderators?

NOTE: Please see updated mirror site below.

I'm not sure what to do. I've downloaded as the zip file, but then I can't finish extracting. No option for a password.

Edit: why don't you just make them public or share them on Brickshelf. It may be easier for everyone.

I'm not sure what to do. I've downloaded as the zip file, but then I can't finish extracting. No option for a password.

On my end I am able to extract the file, but I will try to assist as much as possible. It may depend of the program that is being used to extract the file? My only suggestion would be to try downloading the file again to make sure there was not a corrupted download.

Brickster, If there are still problems, PM me and I will give you a non protected version.

EDIT: There is an error with the file name. Once the file is downloaded, you must rename the file to a ".zip" file. Currently, it is a ".zip_" file. I apologize for any inconvenience.

For those who do not have the time or technical knowledge to rename a file, I have included a mirror link on MediaFire. The disadvantage to this route is the presence of advertisements on the site. You can find the mirror download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dctmvjjyuq0/...ctions10183.zip

SECOND EDIT: Per the request of Brickster, here is the Brickshelf folder, once moderated, where each LDD instructions file can be downloaded individually: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=406219

Thanks.

I accidentally changed my zip opener to another program and can't find the right VISTA file to open it with. Working on it now.