Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Elliecopter

indexed.gif

Here's my entry for the Reasonably Clever Steampunk Impulse Contest.

Well, I've never done Steampunk before, so be nice to me *sweet*

I decided to use the elephant head piece for more than an elephant head piece, so I used it as the body for the Elliecopter, hence the name X-D

dscn4217.jpg

Another view:

dscn4218.jpg

And the back, with a gauge for the boiler and exhausts:

dscn4219.jpg

Side view...

dscn4220.jpg

Front...

dscn4221.jpg

The pilot...I tried to steer him a little towards mechanic and away from crazy inventor...

dscn4222.jpg

The parts, all 48 of them (contest maximum was 50)...

dscn4223.jpg

You like? :-)

Very good for your first steampunk Slyowl, I really like the way you've incorporated the elephant's headpiece. I love the mechanic pilot too, and the machine as a whole looks very nice. However, I do not like the engine sorry to say, it looks more like a mess of parts than a cohesive structure, and it seems a lot of it is made out of strange pieces just for the sake of ingenuity. I love your style and techniques, but I think it is overdone here, the engine to me just looks more like a pile of tin. Thats not to say this isn't great, I could only aspire to be half as good as this, I just want to see a design that is a bit more structural and more engine-like :-)

Overall a very cool vehicle though, I wish you luck in the competition.

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Wow, nice for your first! There so much detail crammed into there! And the use of the elephant head as the main body of the craft is, well, resonably clever. ;-) I like the use of the plumes as smoke, too. Great job, and good luck in the contest! *sweet*

I will say, however, I'm not too fond of the torso. Much to futuristic, IMO. I would suggest a suit for steam-punk, but if you want a mechanic look, i'm sure the new Ep. I Naboo Fighter Pilot would work. *y*

Can someone say talented? Now that is what I call thinking outside the box. Besides it being a radical idea to use an elephant's head, it looks NICE ! I loveeeee that lil round glass thingy in the back *y* X-D

X-O X-O X-O X-O I can't believe it's in an elephant head! *wub* I love you! :-P

However, I do not like the engine sorry to say, it looks more like a mess of parts than a cohesive structure, and it seems a lot of it is made out of strange pieces just for the sake of ingenuity.

Yeah, I kind-of threw the engine together as I needed to get it out of the way because of an overloaded schedule :'-(

I'm sure the new Ep. I Naboo Fighter Pilot would work. *y*

Thanks, but I don't do SW :-P

I loveeeee that lil round glass thingy in the back *y* X-D

It's called a compass... ;-)

wub* I love you! :-P

Yeesh! Not again X-D

Nice! That head is custom, right?

Nope, it was in the Viking line, I think, although I got it off BL... ;-)

Nope, it was in the Viking line, I think, although I got it off BL... ;-)

It was? Wow, noone told me... :'-( ;-)

Nice! That head is custom, right?

There seems to be alot of confusion over the head origins. It's somewhat rare really. But it's not vikings. Actually it comes from this ever rare racer's set - I only know because I have it. :-$

You can actually see the helmet from the set in my sigfig. Cool thing. I have almost every 4 Dollar racer's set simply because at one point in time I had an amazing fascination with custom helmets that came in only one set, and I wanted them all. The cool colored wheels were a nice bonus too. Anyhow..

Sorry for being a knowitall :-$

Edited by Brickmaster

Where's the head from? :-/

really? :-/

Look up, numbnuts. :-P

Hinckley! I'm ashamed of your base language! Bad!

Okay, now that we've ended the great head debate, :-| , lets get back to discussing how beautiful this moc is.

Quote Batbrick: However, I do not like the engine sorry to say, it looks more like a mess of parts than a cohesive structure, and it seems a lot of it is made out of strange pieces just for the sake of ingenuity. I love your style and techniques, but I think it is overdone here, the engine to me just looks more like a pile of tin. Thats not to say this isn't great, I could only aspire to be half as good as this, I just want to see a design that is a bit more structural and more engine-like.

Ah, but that's what steampunk is, just junk thrown together. ;-) I personally like it, great for a first timer.

Edited by kill will

really? :-/

Look up, numbnuts. :-P

Not a very nice thing to say, jerk! >:-(