Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: Mr. Mandalorian

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, imperialshadows, this is cub reporter Staudie, and I've heard that our special guest this week will be quite a treat since we're finally having a female member join us. I'm just glad to see that Staudie has finally gotten over his inability to talk to girls.

WHAT?

Now if only he'd do something about his hearing.

*imperialshadows pauses as he listens to his earpiece*

Oh, really? Haha, girly name.

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon about that. I was kind of hoping we'd finally get a female perspective around here, but alas, our guest is Mr. Mandalorian, who just happens to get called Mandy Lori Ann. You can see my confusion...

Mandy and I go way back, as some of you should already know. We held a very special contest once to honour Douglas Adams with our creations based on his incredible books. Darndest thing though, I can't remember what Mandy ended up making.

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO LET ME LIVE THAT DOWN???

Oh good, there you are. What did you build, I can't remember?

I DIDN'T! I meant to. I really did. I just... :'-(

Uh huh. Better start the interview before everyone turns the channel to get away from Weepy McCan'tBuildaMocForTheContestHeCoSponsored over there. :-|

I like this!

Like what?

You're picking on him more than me.

Thanks for reminding me. What's up with your hair?

Wha? My hair looks fine.

Sure, if you've recently had mange.

I-I-I-I...

Stuttering.

Sorry.

Interview. :-|

Q. Why the very unique sigfig, and Why the name Mr. Mandy "Lory" Anne, tis a girly name, is it not? X-D *Tank parks behind him and 3 bodyguards jump out*

A. Well, I've had different modifications of the same 'fig for years. Don't ask why. It started out as an Arctic head with an Astronaut torso. Since then, it's looked like this:

undead_sig_2.jpg

As for the name, I hoped you wouldn't ask. :'-( :-P Simple- when I joined BZP, all the names I could think of were taken, so, I picked "Mr. Mandalorian. :'-( Not very original, I know.

Mandy Lori Ann! Ahahahahaha. *cough*

Q. Stupid Question, what's your favourite theme?

A. Guess. :-P I used to like Aquazone, but that was a bit before I could really start buying my own sets.

Does he ever ask any other kind of question?

Q. And favourite sets? Top 3.

497-1.1105158266.jpg

7119-1.1122740342.jpg

6195-1.1167276363.jpg

1: 497 Galaxy Explorer.

2: 7119 Twin Pod Cloud Car

3: 6135 Neptune Discovery Lab

I've never gotten any of these, though I do remember looking at them longingly on BL, my finger twitching over the "buy" button. :-D

Q. Can we see pics of your lair?

A. Sure.

We start with the pic setup, convieniently located in the guest bedroom, on the guest bed... :-$ And not for the reasons you think. If you'll notice, there's a lot of boxes sitting around. Hopefully I'll get them up, rather than collecting dust on my computer.

lego_room_001.jpg

Then, we have a horrible pic of my lair. It's not so much a lair as my Little Slice O' Heaven. As you can see, it's undergoing major renovation. The Aquaraiders are located on the Foosball table, along with my parrot's perch, and there are shelves stacked up against the wall.

lego_room_002.jpg

Sets crowding the "bookcase" (All the books are childrens books, haven't been touched in years). They're all waiting to be shelved.

lego_room_003.jpg

It's everywhere...

lego_room_004.jpg

Now, the good stuff. My lego table. I'm busy color-coding everything, because everything that's not a set was built with whatever was around, way back when I was eight... Hopefully I'll build barracks, a jail complex, and a garage, some time or another.

lego_room_006.jpg

Aah, I love these shelves... As you seen in the corner, there are three more waiting to be put up.

lego_room_007.jpg

The... hangar, I suppose. I can't put things just on a shelf for display- It all has to look like It's doing something.

lego_room_008.jpg

The "Dock", also in need of upgrade. :-$ Then, the pirate ships in the corner, collecting dust, also in need of shelving.

lego_room_009.jpg

Hangar #2.

lego_room_010.jpg

I've recently started hanging things that have been collecting dust from fishing line. Here's Exo-force. I'm kind of proud of it. Then, there's a TIE fighter chasing Jango in the other corner.

lego_room_011.jpg

The Bionicle and Castle collection.

So, that's it. When (or if), I'm done with my renovations, I'll have added three more shelves, the fronts of of boxes as posters, and hopefully more hanging stuff. It's gonna look reeeaaal nice. sweet*

...for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...

What was that boss?

Oh, nothing, just an old tv theme came to mind after the first hour of that answer...

Oh. Haha.

You don't even get the joke.

I do too.

Really? Explain it then.

Well, see, um, we need to move along now, the show is running long!

Close enough.

Q. If you could design a custom set, what would it be?

A. Mandalorian battle pack, duh. I only have a Jango and two Bobas... Not really an army, is it?

Q. Tapez les danses tout en

Another interesting review!

I must say Mandy, you certainly have a good set up, it pwns mine any day!

Sheesh, Shadows, never going to live it down, huh? :'-( Took you guys long enough to put it up. :-P

(Though, grudgingly, I am glad that you interviewed me. Thanks, guys. :-) )

Will

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Thanks for another great interview guys, I like the jokes in this one so I may have accidentally inhaled some of the car fumes from Stauder's little studio vig X-D

Its great to know more about Mandy Lori Ann, if that is her real name. You have a great setup there Mr. Mandalorian, you should post pics when you're done.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Thanks for another nice interview. Impressive LEGO lair, too. *y*

A. I have good memories of my Mom and I building MOCs together. I remember one time when we built a car with suspension.

Now that

I'm really surprised this one hasn't had more replies, I thought it was one of the better interviews. :-/

Now that

I'm really surprised this one hasn't had more replies, I thought it was one of the better interviews. :-/
It is mate, honestly! :-P I've been trying to rein in my posts lately as I have a lot of work to do. Otherwise I would have made a comment. I always read them. Perhaps people have just grown tired of saying...
Great interview guys! *wub* Keep up the good work! *sweet*
... 8-|

First off, I am extreamly jealous at the amount of room Mr. M has! Strewth! I have to move... Mr. M has a fine choice in favourite sets. I would love the Cloud Pod for the figure alone! I'm surprised there was no mention of birds in the interview... and no, Staudie doesn't count.

the I'm surprised there was no mention of birds in the interview... and no, Staudie doesn't count.

I'm suprised I have a reputation for it. That's good to know... I think. 8-| :-P

Will

I'm surprised there was no mention of birds in the interview... and no, Staudie doesn't count.

Not even when the giant duck crushed him? >:-)

Another nice interview. Though, I already know alot about Mandy, it's nice to know more :-P

Not even when the giant duck crushed him? >:-)

I'll give you a giant duck. :-|

harpy_eagle_inset_head.jpg

Just try to call this a "giant duck". :-P

Will

I'll give you a giant duck. :-|

harpy_eagle_inset_head.jpg

Just try to call this a "giant duck". :-P

Sure will. *Points and calles it a "Giant Duck"* X-D

Stauder

Sure will. *Points and calles it a "Giant Duck"* X-D

Stauder

*Giant Duck claws Stauder's shoulders open in a bloody torrent and pecks his eyes out...* X-D

Looks like it's back to hospital with me... *Runs round in circles screaming until ambulance arrives*

Stauder >.<

X-D

Really though, this is a great one, I need to keep track of these better, I've left this one for 5 days! 8-|

~Peace

You really have to post the one interview I asked for the very day I get away for work? >:-( |-/

I was almost going to miss this at all 8-|

Ok, back on track. Great interview, and very detailed tour of the lair. You have a fantastic collection, Mr.Mandalorian *y*

On a side note, I wonder who it could possibly be at the phone 8-| :-D

Keep them coming *y*

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV