Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Military Buggy

indexed.gif

Hi all, this is my first try with a buggy design :-$

I got inspired by Clive Cussler's book Sahara, and decided to build a military buggy like the one the UNICRATT agents used in the rescue mission.

After a search on Google, I found a neat design I could try to reproduce in bricks:

dbuggy3.jpg

This is the result

militarybuggy_002.jpg

Yes, it's a bit different, but I prefer it this way, with a simpler access to the driver seat, and the big motor hood.

The pilot and gunner are still tentative :-$

This is how it looks next to the Indy motorbike

militarybuggy_007.jpg

I think they could make a nice squad of mercenaries *skull*

Critics and comments are welcome ;-)

LuxorV

Pretty neat with a very good gun, although that color scheme looks a bit too elegant, perhaps.... *y* 8-|

It's pretty good on it's own merits, but as you said, it's different from it's inspiration.

It reminds me a bit of the speeder in the new Rebel battlepack, at least in the way the gun sits on a solid base at the back. That isn't a bad thing, mind you, I love that speeder, but I'm not sure it works as well in this situation.

I think it's a bit heavy for a buggy that is intended for quick hits or patrol work. Yes! That's what it is. It either needs more armour to make it a heavier assault vehicle, or lightening up for speed.

I won't even get into the physics of such different front and back tires.

Thanks for sharing it, though. Sorry I'm not more positive on this one. I love most of your work, I'm just not sold here.

Thanks, Asuka. I bet it is a good gun, its design is is taken from this ;-)

Thank you for the precise comments, imperialshadows. I really like it when people can find the time to comment on ones creations in this way (to my real shame [Queen quote], I rarely do so :-| ).

I like the Rebel battlepack's gun turret, too. But I didn't get inspiration from that. If you look at the real pic, you'll see the turret is probably the only thing I totally copied from it :-D . The base isn't that solid at all, being built of 2 Panel 1 x 2 x 2 with a plate on top.

It is indeed a bit too heavy, for a swift buggy, but it's just my first try, so I still have to refine my techniques with this kind of vehicles :-$ .

As for the physics of such different front and back tires, ever seen one of these:

top-fuel-dragster-burnout.jpg

;-) X-D

I'll try to modify it as soon as I'll be back from the field (two weeks from now, I think). Wait for more :-) .

LuxorV

...moved to Other themes. :-)

This is nice LuxorV. It's a good interpretation of your subject matter. I would like to see you attempt the roll cage and make the front of the buggy a little less square, but besides that it translated nicely to brick. Excellent job.

...moved to Other themes. :-)

I had a feeling this would have happened |-/ :-D

This is nice LuxorV. It's a good interpretation of you subject matter. I would like to see you attempt the roll cage and make the front of the buggy a little less square, but besides that it translated nicely to brick. Excellent job.

Thanks, Hinckley. As I said, I'll try a more buggy-ish look soon *sweet* .

Btw, did you read the book? You know, that 'good interpretation of you subject matter' phrase makes me wonder.

LuxorV

Btw, did you read the book? You know, that 'good interpretation of you subject matter' phrase makes me wonder.

LuxorV

No. :-$ I just meant the picture.

No. :-$ I just meant the picture.

Ok :-)

If you find the time, you could read it. I found it quite intersesting as the others by the same author.

End of our book advices [the antivirus is slowing down the PC, and dinner is almost ready :-P ].

LuxorV

I like it LuxorV, it looks good, but sorry, just not that convincing. I normally worship your stuff, but I think, like imperial shadows stated, you need to either bulk it up, and make it a heavy assault vehicle, or lighten it up and make it less square with a roll cage. Better yet, do both versions, that would be sweet. Thats not saying this is bad mind you, it looks pretty good, I love the SNOT and forward suspension (?), but I'd like to see it improved.

Sorry, you've set the bar too high for yourself X-D

Batbrick Away! >:-)

A quite cute buggy. *wub*

And I agree to the fact, that it's bittoo heavy looking. ;-)

This is a good idea for a vehicle *y*

I may have to borrow steal this idea and make a vehicle for my Dr. Sinister Troops That I'm Borrowing since the Master Chiefs took the wart hog. *pirate*

P

This is a good idea for a vehicle *y*

I may have to borrow steal this idea and make a vehicle for my Dr. Sinister Troops That I'm Borrowing since the Master Chiefs took the wart hog. *pirate*

P

Sorry for taking this long to post, but I just came back from the field work yesterday evening :-$

I'm glad you like it, phred. Fell free to use it ;-)

LuxorV