Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

What's Your Shtick?

Often times, I sit and think about abstact things (not necessarily Grave Stone or Haunted Ghost Towns), but fun and interesting things that I can contribute to Eurobricks (EB).

Over the past few years, I've seen many members bring different talents, ideas, and great contributions that have made EB very fun to be part of.

Here's just a few that I can think of in no particular order:

Imperial Scouts & Stauder: Interviews (not Barbara Walters quality, but good none the less. ;-))

Hinckley: City Contests and Walrus-slapping, Tree House Climbing slap stick comedy).

Myself: Murder Mysteries, Wild West reviews, Grave Stone (ok, I snuck that one in), the concept of a forum index, and the "Playmobil Perspective".

ExoForceBuilder :-$ : EB comics.

BrickMiner: the great graphic banners we see on many of the forums.

- to name just a few.

This got me thinking; ask yourself the following question:

What do you bring to EB? You might be surprised to discover that your contributions have been numerous, or, are you just an occasional responder? Either way, everyone brings something unique to EB. What do you bring? - or what would you like to bring (no more pizzas) :-D .

Hmm, this is a nice topic *sweet*

As you clearly stated, I liketo contribute to the awkward but hopefully enjoyable comics. :-D

I also like to contribute my MOCs to this great forum.

Hold up, did you call me Exoforce? I demand you change that, or God help you I will bring out my lawyer >:-(

Hold up, did you call me Exoforce? I demand you change that, or God help you I will bring out my lawyer >:-

Sorry 'bout that EB. I was thinking of the theme. :-$

Sorry 'bout that EB. I was thinking of the theme. :-$

It's ok, I make that mistake sometimes too :-D

*sweet*

Well the few things I bring are: Pie throws, Crappy MOCS and of course Pirate set reviews!

Well, I'd like to have brought in Lego movies, as in people to start making them on here other then me. I think someone else does. :-/

Well the few things I bring are: Pie throws, Crappy MOCS and of course Pirate set reviews!

No, you're MOCs are very nice Pie Man. I'm never read your Pirate set reviews, but you've had some really nice MOCs.

Well, I'd like to have brought in Lego movies, as in people to start making them on here other then me. I think someone else does. :-/

Yes, the Steven Spielberg of EB. Can't forget Axle movies.

Great question! *y*

I'd say that I bring many MOCs from all spectrums of the theme universe for your enjoyment. Thats how I got my current title, I guess. It certainly suits me. :-D ;-)

I also bring my avatars that change on a regular basis! ;-)

Edited by SirNadroj

well id like to say that ive brought something to EB, but truthfully i havent :-/ :-$ . i would like to show off some of my MOCs but i have horrible photography skills :-/

I'd say that I bring many MOCs from all spectrums of the theme universe for your enjoyment.

Your new avatar makes me want to quote a line in a great Charles Bronson movie called Death Hunt. After seeing a young fresh mountie dressed in his best reds ride in to a small town in Alaskan/Canadian territory, saying good morning to everyone; one of the scurvy town outlaws responds by saying, "Good morning, General".

Honestly though, I love it! Is it part of a new MOC you're building SN? I'd like to see more.

You are an excellent MOC builder and I've enjoyed seeing many of the MOCs you've shared. You and 007 have a similar building style (at least in my opinion). You're both top-notch builders.

well id like to say that ive brought something to EB, but truthfully i havent :-/ :-$ . i would like to show off some of my MOCs but i have horrible photography skills :-/

It's never to late RiceCracker (interesting name) - although I keep wanting to type Rice Patty???

Me? I'm afraid I win competitions! :-$

But I bring MOCs (not enough, IMO :-/ ), reviews and have a position of some standing regarding Classic-Pirates.com...but I ain't sayin' much more about that ;-)

I also try and bring revelations, new perspectives and ideas, mixed with a bit of humour :-)

Honestly though, I love it! Is it part of a new MOC you're building SN? I'd like to see more.

You are an excellent MOC builder and I've enjoyed seeing many of the MOCs you've shared. You and 007 have a similar building style (at least in my opinion). You're both top-notch builders.

Thanks! It's an exclusive Brickarms minifigure, limited to only (about) 25 pieces. http://forums.brickarms.com/forums/yaf_pos...ss-Reports.aspx

(I'm sure it'll change with my next MOC, though I would like to include him in a vig. )

This is a good topic idea TheBrickster, I don't know if you've seen them, but I think I've brought a cool new idea of interactive MOCing with my Interactive Apocalypse:

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=14894

Which people seem to enjoy, and I certainly do, I think people like that they can influence another's MOCing and travel through a mysterious storyline.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

well, let's see. What did I do during the last 5 months (I did very little before september :-/ )...

You may look around and see a story/comic (next chapter shuold be uploaded on monday) and a few decals I made upon request.

Oh, and I seem to remember I did some special mecha 8-| X-D

LuxorV

What have I done for EB? Tough one indeed

- I host the "Best of the Best" Polls that will take place at the end of every year, deciding which theme is the best and announce the winner in a fun comic(I can't wait for December 24th, 2008 for the "Best of 08")

- On some occasions I bring new set pictures

- Set Reviews (except many more from me ;-) )

Great Topic too! *y*

P

On other sites I've writen Star Wars and real life Lego stories on other forums. May be if I have time I'll continue that here...

- I host the "Best of the Best" Polls that will take place at the end of every year, deciding which theme is the best and announce the winner in a fun comic(I can't wait for December 24th, 2008 for the "Best of 08")

- On some occasions I bring new set pictures

- Set Reviews (except many more from me ;-) )

Yes, of course, and you do an excellent job at that. I enjoy how you are able to poll down the numerous sets to "Best of the Best". And your set reviews have been very good Piranha.

And one can not forget that you are also a WW fan *y* (although you didn't join our outlaw gang). I remember when I seemed to be the first and the only member to post anything related to the Wild West theme. It's great to have company now. *y*

On other sites I've writen Star Wars and real life Lego stories on other forums. May be if I have time I'll continue that here...

You definately have to share some LS. - but fix your avatar first ;-) .

On a side note, this is a question that should be added to our EB interviews.

On a side note, this is a question that should be added to our EB interviews.

I agree, every EB member contributes greatly to this community, it would be interesting to see what they feel they have shared with us.

I've contibuted over 2000 posts to this forum and nothing especially special. :'-(

Although I guess there's the few Redman reviews I've done, and my constant feud with Batbrick.And my never-changing sign-off. :-$

~Peace

I've contibuted over 2000 posts to this forum and nothing especially special. :'-(

Although I guess there's the few Redman reviews I've done, and my constant feud with Batbrick.And my never-changing sign-off. :-$

~Peace

What constant feud?

2217801276_426c43e5e6.jpg

Oh, you mean that! X-D

But you have contributed a lot, you frenzied up the Post-Apoc craze with your excellent Necrobot infested world, you have your great Redman reviews, and you started the very helpful "What is your Sigfig" thread *y*

I don't know particularly what I've done.

If anyone needs a Martial Artist or a Nurse, then I'm here and willing.

Ah, I know:

- Ultimate Star Wars Minifig' Challenge (we never did do that Bounty Hunter challenge, did we?)

- Star Wars reviews of older sets

- And I like muffin the morning!

Urm urm. Not to much really. I don't really post often enough to really make a impact :-/ . I suppose i did do the first review of the hoth base set, but thats it. :-D

brickster, i think you meant imperialshadow not imperialscouts for the interviews. :-)

Imperial Scouts & Stauder: Interviews (not Barbara Walters quality, but good none the less. ;-))

You did not just call me Imperial Scouts (though we are brothers), when I can go back and edit your interview... oh no, I know you didn't. :-P

Oh, and outside of EB News Presents, I've got the Big Billboard o' Doom