Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Hong Kong Minifigs War

Check out this Brickshelf find:

brickshow001.jpg

It's part of a castle display from a Hong Kong brick show. I love the castle in the back (the one with the red and yellow flags). The entire display has some great details including the use of the SW pieces.

Gallery: Display Image Gallery

Share your thoughts.

Pshh, I could make that....Ok, maybe I can't! That layout is beautiful!!! He\She must have invested alot of time in it! That's amazing! *wub*

*wub* *y* *wub* *y* *wub*

WOW. That is amazing. Some of those latter pics are a little weird, but other than that, really cool.

I love the castle in the back (the one with the red and yellow flags).

I agree, the castle in the back is great! I also thought it's nice to see several Sea Serpents ships (6057) in the display, I loved that ship back in 1992 :'-)

A very nice compelation of builders works integrated here, the pictures names are 'brickshow##' so im guessing the hoster isnt the creator, and that there are multiple Moc'ers, but all is nicely done.

This is a great castle display

I like the buildings very much. It is a pity there are not pictures made of some constructions we see on the big picture. I would like to see some pics of the white castle and the big waterfall with bridge.

Very nice find.

Wow, I envy the people who can make stuff like this. I wish I had the time/money/patience.

wow, i love how organized the whole display is. that is one quality that i often find lacking from larger displays - which is understandable, im sure its easy to get carried away :-D

but i have to say, this might be one of my favorite "larger" dispalys, and im not even much of a castle fan. along side the organized feel, every element seems to have a distinct purpose in the kingdom. i could imagine arriving at the harbor and making my way through town. it just has a very "complete" feeling to it - not a hodgepodge of differenet builders coming together for one dispaly. this looks like the work of a single artist, realizing one vision. which is why i think it comes off as a work of art, rather than a fan-produced piece.

only thing i don't like is the mixing of yellow and flesh tones... it doesn't seem to have a pupose.

- BM

This is one of the best medieval lego creations I've seen. I really like how it tells a story about a viking invasion. The soldiers charging out are awesome.

It's a nice compilation of MOCs to be sure *y* .

I actually think it looks a bit too crowded, but this is a very minor complaint. Gernerally all of the MOCs are well done. This is sometimes a problem with larger displays where differing styles and techniques create for a messy looking display. I also prefer castle displays with a large anchor castle rather than a bunch of small villages. This one has a very excellent anchor. As fan displays go, this is definitely a great one.

Reminds me of my bedroom.... in my imagination X-D . Nice find! Thanks for sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

Reminds me of my bedroom.... in my imagination X-D . Nice find! Thanks for sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

Speaking of which... how have you been? I've noticed a number of old posts popping up on CC in the MOC section with your name on them. I had wondered where you had been off to. I hope we're going to be seeing some MOCs from you soon. Your presence was sorely missed in the CC contest.

Later.

Speaking of which... how have you been? I've noticed a number of old posts popping up on CC in the MOC section with your name on them. I had wondered where you had been off to. I hope we're going to be seeing some MOCs from you soon. Your presence was sorely missed in the CC contest.

Later.

Cheers! I'm recovering from a combination of factors; work and separation from my lego. I also need to find time to develop a site before I start publishing again. That said over the last few weeks I've been building and not only is the 2nd part of MOCtale series finished, I'm well into the third...

More to come soon hopefully!

God Bless,

Nathan