phoinix

new image of the VW beetle

Edit by Hinckley: cropped the picture

vw.jpg

found this picture today while browsing brickshelf

i know we have seen the beetle before

but this image shows more detail!

and a glimpse of the box art! (bottom right corner)

i SO *wub* this one!! must have!

Nice. Thanks for posting this phoinix. Anyone care to translate it? :'-) Please? It has a blurb about selling direct, which I tend to think that is the future of Lego.

Seems hauntingly similar to the earlier images and ones ive seen before, but theres probably some minute change - but this looks absolutely great, I must get one of these!

Not only because I own a '69 bug, but this is also ironically almost the exact same color scheme mine is! :-D

The last poster has one little detail : "Available from s@h and stores in 1.7.". The d2c seems to mean that this creation is created by fans for the fans. Wasn't there a vote which car model would be released ?

Just feed the stuff to a babel fish for translation and decode the results:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Mig

Nice. Thanks for posting this phoinix. Anyone care to translate it? :'-) Please? It has a blurb about selling direct, which I tend to think that is the future of Lego.

"In an online poll Lego fans from all over the world named the Volkswagen Beetle as the car,

which they want most as a Lego model - and now it is ready at last."

Pic 1: "The model is shown in Frechen, and Lego fans are asked about their input." (I think,

they mean "opinion", but the way they wrote it, it doesn

Edited by Nebsirob

"In an online poll Lego fans from all over the world named the Volkswagen Beetle as the car,

which they want most as a Lego model - and now it is ready at last."

Thanks very much for taking the time! *wub* (I was hoping that it would say more of their future plans...)

Thanks for sharing, phoinix *y* . And thanks to the others for their translation work :'-)

LuxorV

more detailed pictures of this model

vw_3.jpg

vw.jpg

i guess this picture shows how they went from the prototype to the final model

vw_10.jpg

vw_8.jpg

the engine

vw_7.jpg

front view

vw_5.jpg

the back

vw_6.jpg

inside

vw_4.jpg

run baby run!!

vw_9.jpg

excellent !!!!!

a marvellous set. just one thing ... the color ... :'-(

I'd prefer a yellow or white, or a charleston one but nevertheless it's a very great model !!! full of details !!!

and a mythic car too :D

*wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub*

Edited by agrotic

Wow, they really went deep into the little details inside *wub* *wub*

Thanks for the pics,

Looks like TLC's going down Memory lane wtih those old style looking build. I love it. Is there gonna be more models in that style? With lots of studs showing.. :-$

It would have been nice if LEGO had made the Beetle available in a variety of colours. It shouldn't be too hard considering that the body of the car looks to be built of nothing more than basic plates and bricks. Heck, they could have made the car a different colour for different regions (with the US getting a chance at the exlusive chrome gold version).

It looks awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to this,

Thanks for the pictures. You know, I wasn't that interested in this when I clicked on the thread, but by the time I got to the bottom of the page, I'd decided I want it. :-D

The blues are quite nice, and the overall design is simple, elegant and has an old-school quality. Some of the little details are nice touches too, like the glove box, the engine, the boot handle and the speedometer. And of course, there's the classic nature of the car.

Yellow Autobot-insignia-embossed special edition anyone? ;-)

I also love the look of the beetle, I really like the dark blue. I think that the blocky look is cool and rather retro! But as highlandcattle said, builds like this can be repetitive and dull. |-/

Personally I would love a build like this, you get to see the car slowly develop out of nothing.

Oooops!

I went to the Lego exhibition in Frechen/Germany last weekend, but I thought you all had seen pics of the beetle. So I didn

I personally would've preferred a Herby coloration. X-D

I like it. I think it has a few issues, like the top being a bit too flat, but I look forward to getting it.

Will

I personally would've preferred a Herby coloration. X-D

Hey, now thats a good idea. It will be very interesting to see all the variations that people come up with on brickshelf. Herrbie variations, drag beetle's with role cages! Should be neet!

I like it. I think it has a few issues, like the top being a bit too flat, but I look forward to getting it.

Will

Agreed. I'm not sure if i like this or not. A bit to <insert that tiresome argument> for me. :-P Imight get it to mod it into a drag Beetle.

Hopfully we'll see more VW modelsin the future. I'm sure theVW bus will be next, followed maybe by a Carmengia, or GTI!