Puvel

[COR - FB] The Lighthouse

A lighthouse was build in Kings Harbour to ensure the safety of the growing Corrington fleet and its crews.

28580211466_25b5ddd5bc_c.jpg

27996507633_c5d8b9e1e3_c.jpg

Building the little tower for the Corrington v Carno case was fun so I decided to make a lighthouse in a similar style, hope you like it!

Will probably license this as a medium residence as it doesn't really fit in any other category I think.

Very nice! I've been planning a lighthouse for some time but haven't been able to get to it. I like the angled base and, further up, the use of those small slotted slopes. Good work with the varied greens of the base (something I struggle with). And the minifigs make it look very homey. King's Harbour will be much safer to navigate. Well done!

Very simple and nice design, I like it quite a bit; especially the square-shaped base on all levels! Nice job! :thumbup:

The lighthouse has a lot of great aspects. The sloped lower wall does a lot for this build. I also like the white and yellow color combination. It works very well and then is accented by the green foliage and brown path which just improves the whole build. Great minifigure posing too. Since I like the Lego animals I will add in that I like seeing the seagull.

Nice one! Who said that lighthouses should all be circular after all! I like the building a lot but somehow the surroundings captivate me the most. Very charming.

Great lighthouse Puvel! I like the colour scheme and the yellow highlights really take it to the next level, they work really well IMO. The sloping shape on the bottom level is superb and something I am very likely to 'borrow' in the future. Great job!

Very nice! I've been planning a lighthouse for some time but haven't been able to get to it. I like the angled base and, further up, the use of those small slotted slopes. Good work with the varied greens of the base (something I struggle with). And the minifigs make it look very homey. King's Harbour will be much safer to navigate. Well done!

Thanks Captain Wolf! Glad you like the angles :D About the greens, I usually make a base in one colour and then add some patches of layers in some other colours.

Very simple and nice design, I like it quite a bit; especially the square-shaped base on all levels! Nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks obelix! Only had the one base at first, wasn't completely happy with it and added the second one. Happy to see it worked out!

The lighthouse has a lot of great aspects. The sloped lower wall does a lot for this build. I also like the white and yellow color combination. It works very well and then is accented by the green foliage and brown path which just improves the whole build. Great minifigure posing too. Since I like the Lego animals I will add in that I like seeing the seagull.

Thanks SilentWolf! The main reason for this build was trying that sloped wall so good to know it adds to the build

Nice one! Who said that lighthouses should all be circular after all! I like the building a lot but somehow the surroundings captivate me the most. Very charming.

Thanks blackdeathgr! Yay for charming surroundings!

Great lighthouse Puvel! I like the colour scheme and the yellow highlights really take it to the next level, they work really well IMO. The sloping shape on the bottom level is superb and something I am very likely to 'borrow' in the future. Great job!

Thanks Ayrlego! Looking forward to see what you'll do with the slopes

Great looking lighthouse, Puvel - As new commanders and captains lead in their crews, they will thank you for ensuring they are safe!

I like the square set-up, and the different levels, and I am surprised those colours work so well together. For some reason, the construction makes me think of a miniversion of the Lighthouse at Pharos! In short, you have created a small wonder! pirate_wink.gif

I forgot to comment, but will fix that now: A great lightnouse, absolutely lovely MOC! Yellow and white work out perfectly, the green surroundings are beautiful.

The only thing I think it might lack is elevation in the terrain: Usually lighthouses are on top of a small hill or sth. at the cliffs, so that they stand higher than the rest and can be seen more easily.

As for categories:

I think artisan might fit if you bend it a bit, fortification might fit as well even with some explanation. But I mainly think a lighthouse is for commerce. What better commercial activity could there be than supporting the trading fleet?

Great looking lighthouse, Puvel - As new commanders and captains lead in their crews, they will thank you for ensuring they are safe!

I like the square set-up, and the different levels, and I am surprised those colours work so well together. For some reason, the construction makes me think of a miniversion of the Lighthouse at Pharos! In short, you have created a small wonder! pirate_wink.gif

Thanks Bregir!

The lighthouse of Pharos was the inspiration for this one!

I forgot to comment, but will fix that now: A great lightnouse, absolutely lovely MOC! Yellow and white work out perfectly, the green surroundings are beautiful.

The only thing I think it might lack is elevation in the terrain: Usually lighthouses are on top of a small hill or sth. at the cliffs, so that they stand higher than the rest and can be seen more easily.

As for categories:

I think artisan might fit if you bend it a bit, fortification might fit as well even with some explanation. But I mainly think a lighthouse is for commerce. What better commercial activity could there be than supporting the trading fleet?

Thanks Elostirion!

The original plan was to build a cliff or small island with a lighthouse on top. Started with building the lighthouse though and I didn't have enough bricks available to make a properone. Could have put it on a cliff with a height of 2 bricks but that wouldn't be high enough so just went with some landscaping.

Licensed it as a residence before your comment, but commerce would make sense as well indeed

The sloping and wooden platforms are really well done! Nice build :thumbup: