Sign in to follow this  
Savage_opress

[SR-FB] - In deep Jungle

0hMv0e7.jpg

In the Dense Jungle of the Headhunters, on the Isla del Diablo, there s a frightening reputation that prevails due to the existence of a Cannibal tribe. And that was the reason of it being unexplored territory.

However, a Sea Rat called Miguel Serra, was trying to sell a portion of gold in the city on Havon (in the North West of the Jungle) that many believed it was found in the heart of the Civilization of the Cannibal tribe, and soon the rumor was spread through the continent.

Miguel being a close childhood friend of Jasper Soares, had told him that the gold found really was from the jungle and that he had sharing cultures with a member of the tribe, that he saved from dying from a dying tree, and later they began to share a bond, and as a reward for saving his life, the tribal offered Miguel a piece of gold.

After telling his story to Soares, the fellow friend disappeared a few months later and Jasper calculated that he had been kidnaped by one of the kingdoms in order to get them some more gold. He then summoned one of his best man to get his friend back.

It was tricky to enter the depths of the jungle, the vegetation was wild and sometimes would make it harder and impossible to go further. Both of them never had been there, it was unknown territory and they didnt't know what to expect when they came across them.

It was until they stubbled upon a big entrance that merged with the mountain. As they entered, they knew that they couldn't be there, they were too exposed for whatever it was about to happen.

It was then that they found a wrecked wooden structure, which seemed a more civilized structure for a more primal tribe, but they didn't thought much about it, as a crucial moment was to happen.

They waited there, and soon they heard shouts coming from the other side of the entrance, it was them, but which of the kingdoms could it be?? They then say a blue toned officer with a wooden leg and they immediately noticed it was the Oleon army. They had Miguel with them alongside an tribal man that seemed like he was indicating them the way to the treasure.

Jasper and his fellow mate knew that had to do something to save them, but what?

x7hJTWN.jpg

FFB9JZG.jpg

PC7jV0T.jpg

LAQkpTM.jpg

To be continued...

You are off to a great start Savage Opress. I liked the story and your photos help tell it well. The multi-tiered build was nicely executed as well. The painted on moustache was cute.

My only comment is that Kaiju has a colony on Isla del Diablo called Haven, and I wasn't sure if you were referring to that or a new location called Havon. I assumed it was just a typo.

You are off to a great start Savage Opress. I liked the story and your photos help tell it well. The multi-tiered build was nicely executed as well. The painted on moustache was cute.

My only comment is that Kaiju has a colony on Isla del Diablo called Haven, and I wasn't sure if you were referring to that or a new location called Havon. I assumed it was just a typo.

Oh yeah :// it was supposed to be Haven the colony sorry

That's a great start indeed !

You made great pictures and that's helping to have a good rendering of your build ! Too bad the first one has its background hardly cut. Maybe you could just use a large white sheet of paper or anything else that could be a good background.

I like this multi stages build and it is cleverly done with a good balance between posing for the scene and solidity of the building.

All in all : Good job !

Great atmosphere in the whole MOC, it really does look like a deep and somewhat mystical jungle.

The cutting of the edges in the first picture is a bit weird. I recommend you to get some kind of single-colour background, then you don't have to do much editing at all.

The focussing on the minifigs with blurred backgrounds in the other pictures is amazing, though.

Please keep it up, great to have you here!

Excellent build that really depicts jungle as it should be. Also the minifig posing is really nice with the two friends on the upper ramp being the highlight of that. I really liked those two pillars and the fat trunk of the palm tree. Also the high vegetation is top notch and so is the vine that climbs from the ground to the upper section of the MOC. Regarding photography, i would prefer it way more if you had some kind of white background. That would have helped you more but I am, by no means, an expert (for that stuff I usually tend to ask Gideon pirate_tong.gif ).

Keep up the (very) good work but be warned: The pride nation of Oleon is not one to be trifled with NOR is a nation of bad, warmongering, gold hunting fools! pirate_devg1.gif

Thank you all very much for the positive comments!!

As far as the background, I have to find a big piece of paper that can be used for bigger builds like this one, or just borrow one from school. I have to admit that this whole build was really fun to make and has been through a lot of changes until I was happy with it. I was heavily inspired by the new Uncharted 4 and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

This is a great introduction, sir!

Personally, it really reminds me of the old Indiana Jones movies, which is a very good thing.

The vegetation is nice, and the overgrown temple really sparks my curiosity - what civilisation might have built this, and for which purpose? pirate_oh.gif

And while I like vessels of all sorts and shapes, it is always nice to see some alternative narratives! pirate_blush.gif

I too find the cropping a bit odd, but I agree that it can be quite a challenge. pirate_tong.gif

Will be looking forward to follow Soares in his future adventures. Well done!