Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR-FB2]-May '16-'Big Tobacco's' Schraebitz Plantation

Heinz and Hilda Schraebitz are lifelong farmers who arrived in Charlatan Bay as penniless refugees, having lost their small agricultural estate in the tides of war. For it is ever the fate of the common man to suffer the consequences of the moves in the political arena. However, rather than succumb to grief over what they lost, they stoically started anew and now work a small plantation that takes advantage of the rich volcanic soil on Infero Pordejon. While the majority of their crop is tobacco destined for the Willem Morris Tobacco Company, they also produce enough vegetables to help feed themselves and the community.

25pfPQj.jpg

Of course, the island is not a exactly a paradise. Any farmland has to be hacked out from the wilderness, and the jungle is always eager to reclaim it. The heat and humidity is impressive, the insects voracious, and on days when the wind is in the west the air has the smell of sulphur and brimstone drifting down from the volcano which dominates the island. But most concerning, is that it always feels like the jungle is watching, and occasionally the faint sound of drums can heard in the distance.

PSNKkkk.jpg

3cyYEt6.jpg

Special thanks to Heinz and Hilda "Schraebitz" for giving me my first Lego set nearly 4 decades ago now. I miss you Oma and Opa.

qbaydCt.jpg

===/===/===

Property: Small plantation

Edited by Kwatchi

Neat build, with (as CelesAurivern said), a great separation between the plantation and the wild!

I love the first pic - looking at this I really believe you build tobacco there. Very well done, you nailed it.

Even a pirate loves his Oma.

When looking at builds with dense jungle lurking in one corner, I'm always searching for the native islander hiding in there. Either there is none or his camouflage is excellent.

Excellent tribute. A toast to every grandparent out there! My Opa also delivered me my first set ever at around 1984...

Excellent job. I really like the transition from tamed farmland to untamed wilderness. It really makes a convincing scene of some settlers just getting started on new islands. I also like that you added some variety to your tobacco plants.