26193420944_59fbd955b8_z.jpg

26705497042_a1f1d573ff_z.jpg

Commanded by Captain Unrigged Nordau, the Buccaneer's Dread is one of the most avoided of all the ships that sail the Brick Seas. Captain Unrigged is also Captain Whiffo's number one nemesis, and both have been planning for longer than either of them can remember to hunt the other down.

26798439595_a75e4258c9_z.jpg

26798535455_cddb6f23f7_z.jpg

Without the sails:

26774138456_827317ed32_z.jpg

26731819661_9eea864624_z.jpg

And, as per popular request, more pictures of my micro-ship! I plan to use Captain Unrigged Nordau (credit to one of my sisters - not Kai, btw - for the name) in my character's story, and the build was inspired by one of Blackdeathgr's MCRA results in which he used a sail on a rowboat hull.

A couple of last pictures:

26259211490_2ec0b045ce_z.jpg

26439753342_f67d76f13a_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C are definitely welcome!

I commented already in the Eslandolan thread, but I'll do it again because this is just awesome!

:wub:

Yes, awesome is right, such skill in such a tiny scale! I don't know how you've done those sails, but they are just wonderful, as is the rigging. I look forward to seeing the Whiffo/Nordau confrontation soon...

Superb job, I absolutely love it :pir-wub:. The overall design is excellent and the parts usage to create the cannons and anchors is fantastic. I would never have guessed someone could use the rowboat as a hull for a frigate, but you did it in a splendid fashion.

Yeap, I had already commented earlier but...

...this is definitely on my to-do-list of bluntly copying another's design! I am in love with this ship!!!

This is fantastic :wub_drool:

Maybe the most beautiful mini-scale ship that I have seen so far.

This is a just fantastic micro ship, Garmadon, the attention to detail is incredible! Love the chibi look that the lantern on the back gives it, too. The rowboat hull works astoundingly well. :thumbup:

I somehow failed to comment on this in the Eslandola thread. It's marvelous! I will have to try my hand at a similar vessel at some point. Inspirational!

Wow, I really like this little ship! I'd love to do this myself now, except I don't think I'd be able to manage the sails or rigging. Great work!

The use of a rowboat hull for a micro ship is quite ingenious, but the amazing rigging and sails are what impress me most pirate_oh.gif

Sweet anchor too pirate_classic.gif

Just an excellent mini ship. I never thought that a microscale ship made out of a rowboat would look so good! Great job!

Fair winds and calm seaas!

Yours truly:

Captain Charles J. Becker

Thanks all! pirate_satisfied.gif

I commented already in the Eslandolan thread, but I'll do it again because this is just awesome!

:wub:

Thanks a lot Titus, glad you like it so much! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Yes, awesome is right, such skill in such a tiny scale! I don't know how you've done those sails, but they are just wonderful, as is the rigging. I look forward to seeing the Whiffo/Nordau confrontation soon...

Thanks Fuzzy! The sails were actually way simpler than my last! I basically just figured out the approximate length I wanted the top and bottom of a sail to be, cut it out (I used a light tan parchment paper) with a bit of overlap in every direction, then folded the edges and hooked the top over the spars pirate_satisfied.gif It may be a while before Whiffo and Nordau catch each other, but it certainly shall come about one of these fine days! pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Superb job, I absolutely love it :pir-wub:. The overall design is excellent and the parts usage to create the cannons and anchors is fantastic. I would never have guessed someone could use the rowboat as a hull for a frigate, but you did it in a splendid fashion.

Thanks Captain G! As soon as I saw Blackdeath's build I got to wondering why no one (including myself!) had thought of it before, when there was such an obvious hull for a micro ship! Thanks!

Yeap, I had already commented earlier but...

...this is definitely on my to-do-list of bluntly copying another's design! I am in love with this ship!!!

Ha, ha, thanks Blackdeath! pirate_laugh_new.gif Go right ahead!

This is fantastic :wub_drool:

Maybe the most beautiful mini-scale ship that I have seen so far.

Thank you! I'm really happy that everyone has enjoyed the micro-ship so much! I hope to see others (and myself!) trying out more different kinds of ships using the row-boat hull!

This is a just fantastic micro ship, Garmadon, the attention to detail is incredible! Love the chibi look that the lantern on the back gives it, too. The rowboat hull works astoundingly well. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Kai, glad you like it! pirate_wink.gif

I somehow failed to comment on this in the Eslandola thread. It's marvelous! I will have to try my hand at a similar vessel at some point. Inspirational!

Thanks Capt. Wolf! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! pirate_classic.gif

Wow, I really like this little ship! I'd love to do this myself now, except I don't think I'd be able to manage the sails or rigging. Great work!

Thanks MN! The rigging actually turned out being not very difficult - all the shrouds all go right under the hull and are tied back at the top on the other side, and then I tightened them more by adding the 2x1 tiles, and put some of the rounded boat hull pieces underneath to hold them in place. The whole thing turned out being quite stable - in fact, it's still on my desk right now! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

The use of a rowboat hull for a micro ship is quite ingenious, but the amazing rigging and sails are what impress me most pirate_oh.gif

Sweet anchor too pirate_classic.gif

Thanks SK! I got a little carried away with the rigging (at least I hadn't had the rigging on the bowsprit planned, although in the end I think it added a lot), but at least I stopped myself before I started on some ratlines! pirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif And yes, that axe-head just worked perfectly there, thanks! pirate_satisfied.gif