Duncan Young

Accuracy of Civil War sets?

Feel free to lock this thread if you feel it's unnecessary, Moderators.

Edited by Duncan Young

Well after watching the movie, I can confirm that one of the most controversial aspects of the Civil War line can be justified. Of course, the subject of this matter is Bucky using Star Lord's face. While some people (including me) think that the angry face is perfect, there has been some outcry against the smirking face. I can testify that that face is indeed accurate, especially in the scenes

in the car where after cap makes out with Sharon Carter and on the quinjet when Steve is patting him on the back/shoulder

Well after watching the movie, I can confirm that one of the most controversial aspects of the Civil War line can be justified. Of course, the subject of this matter is Bucky using Star Lord's face. While some people (including me) think that the angry face is perfect, there has been some outcry against the smirking face. I can testify that that face is indeed accurate, especially in the scenes

Agreed, aside from being a rehash face, I couldn't understand the hate nor somes decisions to swap the head for Poe's of TFA (which is also a smiling/angry face)

Well didn't amazingbricks say that he was gonna come in either the 4th set or polybag?

EDIT: And when LEGO does release Hawkeye and Spidey I hope they don't screw up the minifigs. In hawkeye's case, not giving him 1 dual molded arm and one purple arm. In spidey's case, if there's no dual molded legs on spidey how bout we all riot?

Edited by IMBATMAN

Well didn't amazingbricks say that he was gonna come in either the 4th set or polybag?

I certainly hope so, but nothing is 100% certain -- or has that been firmly confirmed?

I certainly hope so, but nothing is 100% certain -- or has that been firmly confirmed?

I dunno man. amazingbricks is sure about it, but he does have a terrible track record recently

I am surprised they didn't include Giant Man in this supposed upcoming airport set including Spider-man, as Spider-man plays a big part in the Giant Man fight, as well would it have saved the spoiler revealed with the set. So while it isn't exactly an inaccuracy, separating the two characters in two sets based on the same scene seems strange.

Also, can anyone confirm whether or not Black Panther's jet is actually in the film at all? I've seen the film 3 times now and I can't make out whether it's his jet he is flying or just a regular jet (Maybe a Quinjet??). The whole Black Panther set is inaccurate either way as the set is obviously trying to emulate the chase scene and that truck doesn't appear (though similar ones do) nor is the jet involved at all.

don't quote this

Edited by Coca-Cola

Crossbones Heist: 25% accuracy:

The van (there is a van, just not the one we got) or bike is not used, but the chemicals do. Also Widow does not have her costume, however Crossbones is pretty spot on. People complain about his mask, but he kind of does have yellow lenses and a gas mask at the start of the scene

Panther Jet: 15% accuracy

The jet appears for a total of 15 seconds, not enough detail to see and not in this scene. Captain America does not use the vehicle we received, the only accurate aspect is the figures, although Cap doesn't remove his mask until the chase is over.

Airport Battle: 95% accuracy

The only inaccuracy here is Agent 13 is not in this scene. Giant Man figting War Machine is spot on and Iron Man trying to stop Winter Soldier and Cap in the Quinjet is spot on (except for the rope Cap is on)

Yeah, panther's jet does show up

when he tails iron man to the secret HYDRA bunker, but its role is only minimal

And as for Agent 13's appearance in the airport battle scene, I think it's due to the concept art that was shown to LEGO, because early concept art depicted her in and standing next to team Cap (though she is).

Also, do you think we'd get a Baron Zemo? I'd think that they won't include him as he could very easily be confused for a random civvie. And if we do get him, what would he look like, some guy in a parka?

Black Panther Jet

For those who can't recall the Black Panther jet scene, it was when Tony leaves the mid ocean facility in his chopper and then he puts the suit on and dumps out of the copter which continues on course via autopilot.

Black Panther had been tailing Tony and trails him (pulling a Boba Fett) which leads to the Winter Soldier facility.

To be honest, the scene was so brief I could barely recall how it looked.

Haha IMBATMAN beat me to it!

Edited by agoodfella77

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure because of how cloudy it was.

Frankly, it's odd that this was one of the vehicles included since it was such a minor scene.

Frankly, it's odd that this was one of the vehicles included since it was such a minor scene.

Well at least you could take consolation in that it was one of the best builds in the marvel line

Also, do you think we'd get a Baron Zemo? I'd think that they won't include him as he could very easily be confused for a random civvie. And if we do get him, what would he look like, some guy in a parka?

He could appear, but I wouldn't expect any new printings

As for the truck in the black panther jet set, isn't the real one an Audi Q7? Im a purist, so if it is indeed an Audi, then could someone please make one? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen the Audi commercial, please don't bombard me with spoilers though

As for the truck in the black panther jet set, isn't the real one an Audi Q7? Im a purist, so if it is indeed an Audi, then could someone please make one? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen the Audi commercial, please don't bombard me with spoilers though

It is how it is in that advert, I'm not a car guy, so unsure of the make

It is how it is in that advert, I'm not a car guy, so unsure of the make

I'm not sure that I understand, are you saying that the truck in the set is accurate to the movie?

I'm not sure that I understand, are you saying that the truck in the set is accurate to the movie?

Sorry, I meant that car in the audi commercial is the same as the movie. The truck we got in the set is not seen in the film

Sorry, I meant that car in the audi commercial is the same as the movie. The truck we got in the set is not seen in the film

Oh, that makes sense haha, yeah someone should Moc the Audi from the movie, I don't get Lego sometimes, they have the Audi license, why not use it?

Now, I haven't even seen Civil War yet (comes out on Friday here in good old America...) but Spider-Man is a pretty glaring omission from Super Hero Airport Battle. If they'd put him in instead of Sharon Carter, that set would be perfect.

Now, I haven't even seen Civil War yet (comes out on Friday here in good old America...) but Spider-Man is a pretty glaring omission from Super Hero Airport Battle. If they'd put him in instead of Sharon Carter, that set would be perfect.

Definitely this.

Yeah, I can pretty much guess that not many of these sets actually happened, except for the Airport Battle. Lego hasn't been known to make very movie accurate sets in Superheroes lines. *Cough* The entire Iron Man 3 wave *Cough*

On a slightly unrelated note, the movie good? I'm seeing it anyway if it isnt , but is the movie a solid MCU movie?

Personally I much prefer Sharon Carter to yet another Spiderman.

As for Panther's jet, I think it's a surprisingly nice build for a small set. Don't know if it is accurate or not to the movie (don't really care to be honest, in my book the designer did a good job with the set regardless).

I thought the movie was ok, I enjoyed The Winter Soldier more though.

As for Panther's jet, I think it's a surprisingly nice build for a small set. Don't know if it is accurate or not to the movie (don't really care to be honest, in my book the designer did a good job with the set regardless).

Yeah, it's def. a nice build.

On a slightly unrelated note, the movie good? I'm seeing it anyway if it isnt , but is the movie a solid MCU movie?

I thought the movie was amazing.

Here's my review (both Spoiler Free and with Spoilers -- 2 separate sections clearly marked):

26126579373_fb44d118c1_c.jpgTeam Iron Man [MCU] [CIVIL WAR] [GROUP] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Edited by agoodfella77