Sign in to follow this  
Dukesc

[OL - 3A/3F] FB The Meteor

That is a fine looking ship partner! Hull is of the right size (and color), sails are nice, rigging too! And those small brickbuilt cannons are lovely as well (although the photo isn't !!! pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Haha, gotta love those puny cannons on the forecastle! Have nothing to complain about this ship. Really good job and totally fine for class 3

Great ship, Dukesc! The bowsprit looks more reasonable on this one, and the color-scheme and rigging are excellent once again! pirate_wink.gif The one thing that would really improve your builds' presentations though would be some better pictures, particularly trying to take them in good lighting (the best being outside in the shade) and turning off the flash! pirate_classic.gif

That is a fine looking ship partner! Hull is of the right size (and color), sails are nice, rigging too! And those small brickbuilt cannons are lovely as well (although the photo isn't !!!  

Thank you! My photography skills, or lack there of, really are in their infancy.

Fine ship - the sails look great!

Thank you!

Cool one, like her sails and colours

Thanks!!

Haha, gotta love those puny cannons on the forecastle! Have nothing to complain about this ship. Really good job and totally fine for class 3

Thanks! Lol....Here's a picture of someone standing next to a cannon about the same size for reference.

images.jpg

Great ship, Dukesc! The bowsprit looks more reasonable on this one, and the color-scheme and rigging are excellent once again!  The one thing that would really improve your builds' presentations though would be some better pictures, particularly trying to take them in good lighting (the best being outside in the shade) and turning off the flash! 

Thank you for the compliments and pointers. I'll have to give it a try. I was thinking about getting different background colors and then photo editing them to make them look a little better. I just ran out of time for the month.

As to photography, I would suggest a tripod and longer exposure, if that is possible with the camera you use. Alternatively, better natural light would probably help. :)

This is a nice looking cutter, and I think both hull and rigging turned out very well. I really like the brickbuilt guns, and they are much better to scale than than the Lego guns!

My only suggestion is to change the balance between the main course and topsail (lower and upper square sail). They should probably be of approximately the same size, and normally they wouldn't overlap. And again, bringing the spankersail into the mast would also be more realistic, moving the maintop (the platform) up to above the gaff.

All in all, another fine vessel. Keep,it up! :)