Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: Snefroe!

Good evening and welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, imperialshadows, and by popular demand our special guest this evening is Snefroe!

*Staudie enters, right in the middle of getting his makeup applied, causing extreme damage to the cameras and blowing out three lights in the studio* What about me??? >:-(

How many times have I told you not to come in without your makeup on? Huh? HOW MANY? Now you've destroyed half of our equipment and no one can see the show! *skull*

Oops. :-$

So... on that note, it looks like tonight will be an experiment in retro entertainment, simulating an era before television.

Before television? Like the 1500's?

Yes Staudie, the 1500's. You see, television was invented in 1603 of course, so clearly this must be the 1500's. :-|

You would have been young back then, wouldn't you?

Yes. I didn't really get old until I met you. :-|

Let's just get started now, take it away Staudie, far far away.

Q. Why the name and the Uninteresting sigfig?

A. Snefroe is the name of my cat. I often use it as a username, and let's face it, it's waaaay better than *vader* , *yoda* , or whatever!

The uninteresting sigfig was actually created by our notorious Copmike.... but there's a piece missing....all will be revealed in due time... and please no jokes of a sexual nature....

Too easy.

Q. How long have you collected LEGO?

A. You mean, as keeping a collection of boxed sets? I started when my sister bought me a MISB star wars set for 9 euro when the set was valued for about 190dollars on BL. and then I thought...g... maybe I should collect just a few sets, you know, sets that I would open on a rainy or that I would sell later... they're all still MISB even though we've had a zillion rainy days already... I am living in Belgium after all...

Q. What are your favourite sets? (Say top 3)

A. 1) galaxy explorer

2) space monorail

3) blacktron 1 message intercept base

Galaxy explorer is by far the best spaceship in the universe. it's a piece of art, not a lego set.

The monorail was a revolution in lego world. we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw that one in the 80s. a space train in white and transblue parts and some cool looking astrronautes for 6000 belgian francs! it rocked our world... in fact, we were are all staring at it secretely during class. Instead of looking to the teacher as if geology or dutch was insanely interesting, we were all looking down, reading Lego's catalogue that lay opened on our lap...

Blacktron base .... just brilliant! suddenly we all hated grey wings and blue ships! Blacktron was what we wanted!

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?

A. You mean there are other themes than space?

You clearly haven't seen Staudie's Museum of Belville.

Q. What do you think of the set remakes some members have made?

A. Well i think it's great that people are trying to re-invent the models of the past by using modern parts and colours. It's no good to live in the past, we have to move on, Lego has to move on. Classic space is gone, but there's no reason for us to not to try and build some great space mocs based on the old models. I'll always support fans who do just this...

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. My first entry into the Lego vault 2 years back or so. seeing those lego sets just laying there... and only 6 people in my way to grab a few and run like hell... tempting... think i could deal with the SW freaks... i'd just throw them a few SW sets in the other direction, but TT... hm... would never get past TT...

Q. Best Eb Moment?

A. The first event in Billund. There were 6. "the Billund 6", Legendary people... one was french, another came all the way from Sweden (i shall refer to him as the guy with the car and the broken window), three were from Denmark, one was Belgian... They were all Star Wars freaks... except for one... they were all sitting on this small table, stashed with rum and beer and cola... and a Santa F

Great interview! *sweet* I almost think I know him now. Prior to this interview the only things I knew about Snefroe was where his name was from, where he was from... and that he doesn't think my space craft are good enough to comment on. :'-(

Galaxy explorer is by far the best spaceship in the universe. it's a piece of art, not a lego set.

I think truer words may have never been spoken before! *wub* I used to always drool over pictures of that ship.

The monorail was a revolution in lego world. we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw that one in the 80s.

Hear Hear! Bring back monorails! *sing*

Excellent interview! *y*

Its nice to FINALLY see someone who loves space lego over SW! X-D

I haven't collected many space sets sadly, I had my dark age during that time, but i do have a UFO.

"Why don't you just start all over?" = funniest thing I've read all day! :-D

Any clues guys on who's up next for an interview? And how do you get these people to do these annoying things anyway? :-P

Nothing to say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Thanks imperialshadows! Heaps of great jokes packed into this one! Haha, poor Staudie! :-D :-D

i did try it before, but didn't have enough parts.... that kinda happens a lot to me...

Staudie has the same problem when dating.

:-D :-D :-D

Also, I think this is our first interview with someone drunk! X-D

~Peace

Nice interview, with an interesting historical introduction, and juicy details about one of the less showy staff members here *y* *y*

LuxorV

Once again another fantastic interview! Who would have thought he made his screenname after a cat? He obviously has lot of creativity X-D

*y*

He obviously has lot of creativity X-D

*y*

well id hope so after all we need creativity for our lego right. right? ;-)

but seriously great job imprialshadows!

Nice interview!

I never knew a lot about Sne, but now I feel like I know him a little better *sweet*

Galaxy Explorer all the way! Excellent set. I played with it for hours and esp. loved the little rover in the back. The Space Cruiser was a great set as well.