berninhr

[COR FB1] HMS Citadel

Her Majesty's Ship citadel

26271456505_f8b302890d_c.jpg

HMS Citadel is a smaller vessel with one small cannon mounted on a turn-table.

25671448983_502854b089_c.jpg

She has a crew of four and is Captained by Lionel and with the second mate of Frank

26271455305_b191a5de52_c.jpg

This is my first post on Brethren Of The Brick Seas and I hope I have done everything right if there are anything I need to change please feel free to tell me.

Welcome to the Brick Seas Berninhr!

This all looks fine to me. The use of the sheet for the sea is effective, especially in the last picture. Nice close up shots of this small but perfectly formed addition to Corrington's mighty fleet. Don't forget to licence her if you want. Onward to glory!

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

That looks like a very well built little ship. You probably want to go post it in the monthly freebuild thread. Looks like you already did.

Edited by kaiju

Looks great to me, especially the colour scheme :-) I agree about the sail, but then she wouldn't look so clean a build, so either way. I'm never that sure about licensing, Bregir would probably have a better idea than me.

Nice small boat - besides the sail and a steering lever (a wheel wouldn't be fitting on a boat this small) it looks very complete! I think it should be able to qualify as a class 1WR.

As well as that, welcome to BOBS!

I too like this little vessel, and the colourscheme is great, and especially fitting for Corrington! Both fore- and aft-castle has just the right height to give her a gentle curvature of the hull, and details like the lanterns, the railings and the brick built gun are really nice.

The use of that blue-ish sheet and those white bricks is actually very effective!

As to class, I too would say class 1WR, or possibly 1F if she is mainly meant for patrols and light supplies.

I would also suggest you give rigging a try, and for this one, I would suggest a cutter rig. See for instance here. Personally, I have been using simple paper sails, but some of the more advanced builders here have all sorts of fancy techniques such as coffee-coloured cloth stiffened with glue, and similar. pirate_blush.gif

In any case - Nice vessel and once more, welcome to BoBS!