Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents: Sinner!

Welcome to another episode of EB News Presents! I'm imperialshadows and this evening cub reporter Staudie will be presenting his extensive and exciting interview with our very own Sinner!

We now switch to Staudie reporting live from Sinnerton. Sure, it costs more to send him there, but it's worth it.

Thank you for joining us this evening Sinner and dressing up for the occasion!

photo-1554.jpg

Oh, it's just such an honour to be part of this prestigious program!

imperialshadows bribed you to say that, didn't he?

He would have paid? Megablocker...

How 'bout those questions now!

Q. Why the name and the rather weird sigfig?

A. I tend to use the name "Sinner" as my most common username as I was called it a lot while I was in the Navy. This was because early in Recruit School for the RAN I stuffed up and saluted the OIC (Officer In Charge, i.e. The Boss) with my left hand. (For non military types this is wrong.) He shouted at me, "You Sinner!" before going off on some silly tirade about the history of saluting. This would have all been annoying as it was, but to make it worse the whole of Recruit School was there in formation. (About 500 people.) Furthermore, seeing that it rhymes with my real surname, it made it stick even more. As for the walrus, I just got him at the time and because I thought he was so cute I had taken to carrying him around all day and annoying my wife and kids with him. I then joined EB with this avatar...

av-1554_original.jpg

...with the intention to change to a mini-fig based one later. But then the whole Bucket thing started. :-P I am considering making for the walrus a human suit so he can walk around and not be noticed. ;-) (Not being able to customise your sig-fig with different hats is a pain in the butt!)

Q. Did you know Blue Bucket Walrus has died?

(Yes, for those that missed it ... click here)

A. Poor guy. I hope he enjoyed his fame. I always wonder if performing animals like what they do. 8-| I wonder what he would have thought about the sillyness that he has inspired here! I suspect he would have not been happy to be seen as a walrus...

...would you be? Oh, yeah. Nevermind.

Q. Ever consider something other than a bucket?

A. Hmmm... no. It's very handy. Don't knock it until you try it. ;-)

Q. How long have you collected lego?

A. Since I was about 5 and got my first set; 722.

722-1.jpg

It seemed so huge to me then, but it was only 299 pieces. I still remember the day... :'-) I didn't buy much in my teens as I got into theatre then and that is very time consuming. I started buying Lego again about 7 years ago, but it wasn't untill about 2 years ago when I started buying a lot of Lego.

Q. How's your town coming along?

A. Not much further sad to say. Too many competitions perhaps? ;-) I've added a few cars, but that's about it. I have the Holiday Train set coming in the mail and that will allow me to make some more train MOCs.

Q. What is your favourite Set? (Say top 3)

A. I love this question as it can be surprising. Mine however aren't!

8880-1.1105127518.thumb.jpg 8880

8455-1.1138481108.thumb.jpg 8455

8275-1.1187230468.thumb.jpg 8275

I used to list the Airtech Claw Rig but since making my own compressor and using it with 8455 and owning 8275 I think that what I have is better... but I have never seem one in the flesh so I could be wrong. :-$ 8880 I still do not have... :'-(

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?

A. Hmmm. Very hard question actually as some themes, such as castle, have many sub themes that have extremely good or bad parts of it. Considering my top three sets, I think I will have to say Technic. :-P

Q. So... *Looks round* Want an ice cube tray? Or a jelly mold?

2036622617_5694018c69.jpg

A. Well I already have an ice cube which I use all the time, and I'm still thinking about the Jelly mold. What's your price?

He's remarkably cheap, it's why he still has a job. Oh, you mean for the junk ...

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?

A. I think it would have to be the Christmas of 85 or 86 when I recieved both 740 and 744.

744-1.1167283095.thumb2.jpg 744

740-1.1163130040.thumb2.jpg 740

At the time 740 was the current set and I was led to believe that I was getting 740. I really wanted 744 for the cool 8 wheeled car. I was stunned to receive both. But this was the highlight of my Lego enrichment from my parents as I think they though I was too old for more. Well I proved them wrong! :-P

Haven't we all? *y*

Q. Best EB Moment?

A. It's hard to be sure, but it was when Hinckley did his first picture abusing my Sig-fig. It could be this one...

turkey_fu.jpg

...but there have been so many! I felt very flattered at the time that someone who barely knew me would go to so much effort...

Q. WORST Hinckley Moment?

A. Probably during the Ghost Ship Mystery and he was bored so he decided to start a role-play inside the role-play. *wacko* It all got a bit weird. At the time I was trying to get some work done but he is so hard to ignore sometimes...

Q. If you could design a custom set, what would it be? Whatever you want. Make it Hinckley's School of Sissy Girl Fights For all I care

A. I wish Lego would get a Final Fantasy license and do the Ragnarok from Final Fantasy 8, but it looks like I'll have to just to something similar myself...

ragnarok8b.jpg

Q. Where are you from? Any Members in your area?

A. Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way. I do know of one member who lives close enough to visit, but we haven't test out this... yet. I don't think I am his type... 8-| (I'd rather not mention any names unless he does himself. Some people don't like their on-line life messing with their off-line life.)

Off-line life ... oh yeah, that.

Q. So, you got a Lair?

A. Yes. It hasn't changed much since last time so i'll just repost my old photos! Going anti-clockwise around the room. (If you want clockwise start at the bottom.)

dsc01426e.jpg

Part of Sinnerton (including my unfinished ferris wheel) and shelves full of MOCs and sets. Below Sinnerton is boring non-Lego stuff. I hope to soon find another home for it all so then I have an excuse to buy more Lego! *sweet*

dsc01450e.jpg

Close up of the shelves. I got it for free from HMAS Perth when it decommissioned and it is very heavy. I used to use it for a fish tank that covered the entire top. I now hope to turn it into a space display. (More for general MOCs than Star Wars MOCs/sets.)

dsc01431e.jpg

My supposed Lego workbench. I take photos in the area to the left. The ice cream tubs are full of half finished projects and/or sorted Lego. Below are more of the same as well as my sorting bin. My sorting has progressed nicely since this photo and I am almost finished.

dsc01432e.jpg

My supposed programming workbench with my under-sea theme sets and MOCs on top. Most of these have fallen in the sorting bin since.

dsc01437e.jpg

Since this room is officially for work I have a router, printers and a file server in here for work purposes. I do try to disguise it though. :-P The second shelf with the white folders is where I keep my instructions. (The Viking longboat has been modded slightly so there are ten rowers.)

dsc01440e.jpg

Most of my Technic sets including the *wub* Bulldozer. The crane is slightly modded so it has a Technic man in the crane cab. I did it when I only had that set so it was hard. I should try and improve it now... Behind Sinnerton you can see some of my Lego boxes. After much resistance I flattened most of them. I can see myself being forced :'-( to throw them out soon.

dsc01448e.jpg

Ahghghhhhhhhghh! The martians are attacking Sinnerton! I made this about a year ago but it is still unfinished.

dsc01441e.jpg

Another Sinnerton shot. For the curious the blue is just cardboard. When I made this layout I wanted to have a dockyard as well as the trains. I made a warehouse but I broke it when I bought the train station as everything needed to be moved and there just wasn't room for it. The problem with that was I made the warehouse as a justification to buy the container stacker and now I simply don't have a big enough dockyard for it. Recently I bought it anyway though and it fits nicely on the dock itself. *sweet*

dsc01445e.jpg

To finish, another Sinnerton photo. The red building is a Cafe corner rip off that took too many of my good pieces to do the bottom, leaving little for the top. In short, I don't like it so it will probably be trashed. It does give something for my workmen to do though. I was forced to modify my train station platform with rounded edges as otherwise there was no room for it. Other than that it unchanged. You can also see the motor for my Ferris Wheel. It works surprisingly well, but since I didn't have enough pieces for a second wheel it made the car design too hard. Failures, failures, failures wherever I look! :'-(

*glances at Staudie* Yeah, I know what you mean...

Q. What would you say is your best creation yet?

A. Probably Strife.

1dsc01821ess.jpg

Since I lost that makes me look pretty lame doesn't it! Until recently I was very constrained with pieces and that is my largest MOC ever.

Q. What is the secret behind not getting whacked by Hinckley?

A. There is a secret? Why you would you think I know this? The comic is called "The Whacker and the Walrus" afterall! :-P

Bribery.

Is that the time? I have spent 2 hours answering your questions and I have to go and do some work!

Wow, we've gone way over time! I blame Staudie for talking too much... SECURITY!

*watches with some amusement as security tosses Mr. Stauder out the window*

Thanks for joining us. We now resume our regularly scheduled program, Mr. Hinckley's Neighbourhood, already in progress.

*scene shifts to a sweater clad Hinckley discovering that Mr. Postman has brought him another order of LEGO Ice Cube Trays ... hilarity ensues*

Mr. Hinckley's neighborhood, that's great :-D

But hasn't Sinner been interviewed before....or is it just me?

*wacko*

Thank you so much for bringing up that Love Boat improv. :'-) :'-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :'-) Oh my God. That's three pages of just ludicrous crap!! I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I forgot all about that. I love how Brickster just breaks in with narration to quickly end it. :-D :-D :-D I wonder if anyone else finds it funny. I think it's hilarious. :'-)

It's nice to see a full interview with Sinner. The first one was sort of rushed. Great job. That bag build picture is one of my favorites too. *wub*

But hasn't Sinner been interviewed before....or is it just me?

Yeah, he was. But Hinkley viciously invaded....or it was the other way around. I'm not sure :-P X-D .

Another great interview!

Yeah, he was. But Hinkley viciously invaded....or it was the other way around. I'm not sure :-P X-D .

Another great interview!

Oh, now I see. It's all Hinckleys fault!! *sing*

Any clues to who is gonna be interviewed next?

;-)

Edited by Exo-builder59

Clues? Hmmm... No No clues. But its somone who we all know, and love and somtimes swear at for hitting us with random objects.

Stauder

Thank you so much for bringing up that Love Boat improv. :'-) :'-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :'-) Oh my God. That's three pages of just ludicrous crap!! I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I forgot all about that. I love how Brickster just breaks in with narration to quickly end it. :-D :-D :-D I wonder if anyone else finds it funny. I think it's hilarious. :'-)

Literally, that tangent saved the thread when the main story began drifting aimlessly amidst missing participants. It was pure gold and should all be archived for posterity. Or posteriors. Or prosperity, if we could figure out a way to sell it.

Captain On! *y*

Another great interview. It's nice to see a so pics-full show about Sinner (especially his fashonate dressing) and a more complete story about how he came to be one of the greatest personalities here *wub*

Thanks ImperialShadows and Stauder. *y*

Clues? Hmmm... No No clues. But its somone who we all know, and love and somtimes swear at for hitting us with random objects

Now, I have some bad feeling about next interview 8-| X-D

Sinner: if you ever complete that FF8 MOC, I'll be there waiting for a full review!

LuxorV

Thank you so much for bringing up that Love Boat improv. :'-) :'-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :'-) Oh my God. That's three pages of just ludicrous crap!! I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I forgot all about that.

:-D I'm surprised you forgot that! The entire concept of doing improv within improv is still weirding me out! I was laughing my head off when I was typing the "Crap Boat" song. X-D

Literally, that tangent saved the thread when the main story began drifting aimlessly amidst missing participants.

At that stage more and more participants got too busy to post and thus the story was often waiting for someone to turn up... and often they never did. I recall that me and Hinckley generally posted more that the rest combined... :-P

I thought this interview had already been done. I'm really surprised it hasn't. Oh well.... Good review. I'll give it a *y*

The first interview was a different format and was much shorter. I think I blubbered one time that I felt ripped off. :-$

Another great interview. It's nice to see a so pics-full show about Sinner (especially his fashonate dressing) and a more complete story about how he came to be one of the greatest personalities here *wub*

Gee thanks... :-$

Sinner: if you ever complete that FF8 MOC, I'll be there waiting for a full review!

I hope to get back to it soon. If I break Strife, Staunch and my other Dino Attack Chopper I should have most of the parts...

Heeheehee! Excellent! I'll have to go through that Mystery Ship thingy tomorrow (it's quarter to midnihgt here... :-$) But what I've read so far is gold! *y* And another great interview this is! *y* *y*

~Peace

Q. WORST Hinckley Moment?

A. Probably during the Ghost Ship Mystery and he was bored so he decided to start a role-play inside the role-play. It all got a bit weird. At the time I was trying to get some work done but he is so hard to ignore sometimes...

ROFL :-D

Thanks for joining us. We now resume our regularly scheduled program, Mr. Hinckley's Neighbourhood, already in progress.[/i]

Where did I leave the remote ;-) X-D

God Bless,

Nathan

A really cool interview again! Its really interesting to get to know those many things of the other members! Hope to read many many more of those interviews

Greetings, Aredhel

Q. So, you got a Lair?

A. Yes. It hasn't changed much since last time so i'll just repost my old photos! Going anti-clockwise around the room. (If you want clockwise start at the bottom.)

dsc01426e.jpg

Hmmm. Do I spy a blue Lego bucket?

Hmmm. Do I spy a blue Lego bucket?

No, I spy two blue buckets! Sinner, we found your buckets *sing*

*sweet*

Nice review guys! I enjoyed learning more about Sinner. :-P For a future review, I think you should try ImperialShadows.

Geez, and to think I started the whole bucket thing with a random pic in a random thread within his first week or so :-D Definitely one of the best additions to EB we've had in a long time ;-)

No, I spy two blue buckets! Sinner, we found your buckets *sing*

*sweet*

Nah, the left one is where I stow my dark grey (soon to be sub divided) and the right one is full of spare computer parts. The real bucket lives on my Paddle Steamer. *wub*

Geez, and to think I started the whole bucket thing with a random pic in a random thread within his first week or so :-D Definitely one of the best additions to EB we've had in a long time ;-)

Thanks. :-$ Yes, I recall at the time I was a tad confused over the picture (especially since it wasn't a walrus :-P ) but eventually I decided to roll with it. It was such a great picture too! :-D

bucket.jpg

What would have happened if I said "What are you on about?!" instead? 8-| You don't post as much pictures as you used too... :'-(

what would have happened if I said "What are you on about?!" instead? 8-| You don't post as much pictures as you used too... :'-(

Good thing for your theater background and you know the first rule of improvisation is to never deny... ;-) I suppose that's what also lead to the aforementioned Love Boat fiasco... 8-|

Great interview guys but I to seem to recall you already interviewing Sinner I especially remember seeing Sinners cramped little room! :-D

I remember the whole thing when Hinckley posted the picture of putting up the fingure to your poor unsuspecting sig fig! I reckon you should give him a good whacking for that! >:-)

I wonder who the next interview-e will be (ryhmes! :-D )

As for the walrus, I just got him at the time and because I thought he was so cute I had taken to carrying him around all day and annoying my wife and kids with him. I then joined EB with this avatar

I carry my sig-fig and annoy ppl i know too! :-$

That's awesome. X-D

P