BrickOn

[Cor - FB3 March] On hot Coals.

After leaving Arlinsport Sir James journeyed east to Port Raileigh, Berrelli. Once anchored, his first stop was The Flask and Flagon, a favourite watering hole of the port where he met with Lieutenant Watton. Out of all his men, the Lieutenant was most familiar with the island, for he had accompanied Sir James on his previous trip island where they first encountered the Ténotclaxcans. The next day they would be attending an annual ritual, held in honour of their sun god (not the main Monkey God, but a lesser god with great importance for farming). They trekked a little outside of Port Raleigh to the ritual site, where a strange event was taking place. The members of the tribe were taking it in turns to walk across hot coals to honour the sun god.

25888502481_5a5377b32e_c.jpg

At first Sir James was a little uptight about getting involved the celebrations taking place, he didn't hold with most superstitious nonsense, as he called it, and the headgear of the tribe was just plain odd. But they had a purpose for being here, he hoped to engage the help of one of the tribesmen, a cousin to the young King Azuma, by the name of Akatu, for the purpose of strengthening Corrington's farming in the region. The Ténotclaxcans were experts at farming these lands and Sir James was keen to learn more from their techniques and hoped to employ Akatu to oversee the construction of his plantations. But as the evening got underway (and Sir James downed more of the strange pink liquor produced by the Ténotclaxcan) he started to loosen up and even donned some local headgear.

This is my third freebuild of the month, so if you are not from Corrington then approvals are much appreciated and as always, c&c are always appreciated.

Neat concept and build - and those coals look pretty convincing. The jungle surroundings are really nice. The sun monument and that hut look great. The headgear is appropriately over-the-top for the tribe. Getting a few reds involved is a cool idea too. Basis in reality or not, it hurts to think about what they're doing... and the health risks involved...

Good work. Approved by Corrington leadership. :thumbup:

This is a cool historical build. Though I'm in agreement with Sir James that the headgear is just plain odd. Keep up the good work.

The hit coals looks really great! I also like the vegetation

Eslandola approves :thumbup:

Your ideas are astounding!pirate_laugh_new.gif You really rocked the headgear. default_caroler.gif This emoji says it all.

I really liked the cartoon strip style you have used here, very original.

By the way, I have a friend who has walked on hot coals. No danger is involved and no pain if done right. She also sometimes wears silly hats.

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Well done, it captures a jungle feel with some nice little details. The headgear is a bit "odd" but that adds to the humor/realism of engaging with a foreign tribe!

+1 from this Sea Rat

Nice! The expression on Lieutenant Watton's face in the first picture with the Tenotclaxan head gear is classic! Great build!

I really love how you integrated the hot coals into the green landscape. Very nice technique on the roof of the hut as well.

Eslandola approves. :thumbup:

I agree with the others, great job integrating the coals into the build here! pirate_satisfied.gif The hut is very nice as well, and the native chairs and headgear look, well, look about as normal as you can expect from these guys! pirate_laugh_new.gif Approved from the Eslandian leadership! pirate_wink.gif

Excellent representation of the Ténotclaxcans crazy hats !

Can I add your build in my Ténotclaxca topic ? I like this ceremony idea !

Of course you have my approval from Eslandola !

Your ideas are astounding!pirate_laugh_new.gif You really rocked the headgear. default_caroler.gif This emoji says it all.

I really liked the cartoon strip style you have used here, very original.

By the way, I have a friend who has walked on hot coals. No danger is involved and no pain if done right. She also sometimes wears silly hats.

Thanks :-) I've never tried it myself, but I saw something about it recently or maybe it was just when I read up on it for the build, but I gather its not that bad really, not sure I would be first in line myself to try it but I'd give it a go once I'd watched a few others at it maybe.

Excellent representation of the Ténotclaxcans crazy hats !

Can I add your build in my Ténotclaxca topic ? I like this ceremony idea !

Of course you have my approval from Eslandola !

Thanks, I tried to be in keeping with existing knowledge of the Ténotclaxcans, so I was using your thread as guide to get the details down, so I'd be really happy to have it included pirate_laugh_new.gif

Haha, that`'s a wonderful and neat little scene! Those headgears are very creative. The whole build reminds me of the adventures of all the famous british explorers of the age of sail. :thumbup:

It is good to see Sir James is keeping up the pursuit of science!

I really like the comic book style of presentation, and the expressions on the minifigs, and that you have developed and described a cultural aspect of the natives. :pir-blush:

Great work!

"as the evening got underway (and Sir James downed more of the strange pink liquor produced by the Ténotclaxcan) he started to loosen up and even donned some local headgear."
Hilarious. Like I should have done it myself. Nice flame (Sun god?) ornament :thumbup: from Eslandola