Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Wild West Outlaws

I was designing some WW outlaws for a recent signature and decided to add some official WW boxart to see how they would look. The figs are a mix and match of some WW and Adventurer torsos and faces. I'm still working on improving my photoshop skills, but I don't think they came out too bad:

outlawgang2.jpg

That's pretty cool. I think your photoshopping is getting better, and adding the hollow barrels in the guns is a neat idea.

If this were an actual set, I think I would be a little disappointed with the lack of bandannas... I know that not all bandits wore them, but that was always one of my favorite aspects of the outlaws. ;-) I would like it if you added a couple more, or at least flipping around the ones already there, but that really is just a personal preference. I also think it might look good if you were to add in another hat color or two, just to give it more variety.

That's pretty cool. I think your photoshopping is getting better, and adding the hollow barrels in the guns is a neat idea.

If this were an actual set, I think I would be a little disappointed with the lack of bandannas... I know that not all bandits wore them, but that was always one of my favorite aspects of the outlaws. ;-) I would like it if you added a couple more, or at least flipping around the ones already there, but that really is just a personal preference. I also think it might look good if you were to add in another hat color or two, just to give it more variety.

Thanks. I like bandanas as well but I hate covering up good WW torsos, esp. when they have some sort of tie as part of the printed torso (bolo tie or otherwise).

In regard to the hats, I wanted to do all black to stay with the outlaw theme, but only had four. Black hats were surprisingly never used in the WW theme (seems strange, doesn't it?).

Thanks for the feedback SD. I want a new digital camera now to take better quality images.

A very nice bunch you've got there. I especially like your minifig (I love that head :-$ ). Although it is good, I can't help but feel something's missing... Great job, anyway *sweet* *y*

BTW, nice photoshopping and photography *wub*

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

I especially like your minifig (I love that head)

Thanks. Would you believe that this is my least favorite.

What do you think is missing? Perhaps a barrel or two? - or some accessories (ie. money, dynamite, gold)?

Nice!

In regard to the backdrop, I would try to blend the horizon more with a mountain, hills, or blur it.

In regard to the creation:

1. Good number of bandits.

2. Nice variety in their torsos and expressions

3. Maybe add a barrel, or a cactus. A barrel with a gun in it or just covered up.

4. You can maybe flip up the bandandas to cover one of the bandit's faces.

Nice, roudy bunch of outlaws!

A very fine bunch of of bandits indeed! *y*

For the picture quality.... perhaps the reflections on the faces

Great job on this and the sig, I would definately buy this WW set. I just wish they would Lego would make some new sets. On second thought I might be dissapointed if they didn't meet my expectations.

I have a question according to the nice outlaw which carries my name:

Did you design the upper part of the body outfit yourself or was it included in an official Lego set? If so, in which set was it included?