Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O-F03] Within the Rabbit Hole

Planet: F03, Forring

Tags: Science, Civil (the structures are not militant)

"Log Date 008. This is Dr. Danielle Long. Log Dates 005, and 006 are missing from my personal Log. I worry that this data corruption may be due to the new chip I have been using since the temporal fluctuation incident. I will be sure to have this fixed upon my return to the Axle, which is scheduled for tomorrow: Desembrinali 23. Furthermore, I suspect there has been some forms of sabotage to my personal Octancorp temporary habitation pod. I noticed this morning that 2 months worth of rations had gone missing, along with several other inexplicable differences to the pod that make me believe someone had been inside it... either that or I've been sleepwalking, a noted side-effect of the BonNuit ™ sleeping pill... but that doesn't explain the missing rations... nor, more importantly, does that explain the lack of communication I have with the Axle. I've never gone even a day without coordinating with the Axle... and now I find that my communications device is unable to reach them. Surely this will be straightened out when I return to the Axle tomorrow.

This bizarre morning has only continued to become more and more disconcerting. The Unidentified Artifact I was deployed to investigate deems to have... already been somewhat escavated. There are clear signs of very recent work on the Alien structure. All these signs lead me to believe I am not the only one down here interested in this artifact. Perhaps Mantis?... but they have no presence on this planet. I, a woman of science, must admit, I find these turns of event somewhat... Eerie.

But I must not let sentiment get in the way of my work. I will have my drone, who's memory banks seem to have been wiped clean last night, investigate the recent cave in that appears to be blocking further access to the tunnels that comprise this structure. When originally reported, just over a week ago, it was mentioned that these tunnels seemed to lead far far underground. I wonder what could have caused the tunnel's collapse... and what is causing the dull throbbing pain on the back of my head.

Dr. Long out."

25226894915_1f1525138a.jpg

24600100933_b28488e5a5.jpg

Better pictures are up. I should be getting a better camera soonish.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hooray - the good doctor is back! I like the green slope pieces for grass, especially in contrast to the sharp angles of the tunnels.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to build something which fills the gap around the tunnel, to block the light coming from behind. Photoing on top of a black background might work too. Overall, though, awesome build and I'm glad you're back!

Great to have you back, Danny. Very interesting story arc, I can see you having a lot of fun with this one. The (civil?) buildings are really cool too, very alien-looking.

Welcome back to AG. I like the story. I hope Dr. Long can finally figure the pombe thing out.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Thanks all! Glad to be back! Wish I could have opened with a better build, and I haven't been completely away from Lego in my hiatus. I've got a few WIPs that'll be shown in some subsequent weeks that're superior to this. It was a solid return build though. Certainly better that some of the other stuff I was churning out before I took off. I definitely think the Hiatus was good in regards to my own personal quality control. Now that I've got it out of my system that I have to post "every week" I hope to be able to put forward a lot fewer 3s, and a lot more of the 4+ towards which we all aspire. :classic:

Thanks for the feedback all. When I first tried the cylinder embedded in the earth technique for my first Zotaxians build (Enter Stage Right) the tunnel was deeper and it was easier to conceal the backdrop. I tried to ameliorate the problem with better angles in the updated pictures, but ultimately it is a fault of the build which I will keep in mind when I try this technique again (this is a common feature of Zotaxian architecture, which may reappear)

Pombe story will definitely be a concern of Dr. Long's in subsequent weeks... although once she stops eating lotus, she'll be immediately more focused on her own mind, and reconciling with her new role in Octan, having been stuck on this planet for months... and not realizing it... it isn't Decambrili anymore, afterall... :devil:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs