Sign in to follow this  
LegoEomer

Avon Saga Part 6 - Inspecting the Farms

In the days when Avalonia was still lawless, Galeran's village was burnt to the ground by invaders. The only survivors were him and his daughter. When Avon was founded, Sir Thomas learned of his story, and gave him a nice house on fertile land to start his new life. It has been many years now, and his farm is prospering and he and his daughter have left the past behind in favor of their new life in the land of opportunity.

Today Sir Thomas, on his tour of Avon's farms, passes by Galeran's farm, to see the crops are growing well and he and his daughter are happy.

25007300686_d4184588f5.jpgAvon_Farm (1) by lego eomer, on Flickr

24666011649_fe184afdd1.jpgAvon_Farm (2) by lego eomer, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, and as always, comments are appreciated.

:facepalm: I think you should detail the ground more: "Less posts, better posts." as I always say.... Actually, that's the first time I've said that, but, hey, it sounded cool, and it works here. :sadnew:

The farm part is cool indeed, but as TheSteward said: try to detail the pathway a bit more

I do agree with the Steward- it's not about quantity as much as improving. Take your time, don't rush them- I know it can be tedious and time consuming using LDD but your builds suffer. Smaller is easier to improve techniques on. Once you master techniques you can get bigger. I don't think I went above 16x32 for about a year- I'm still far better at smaller builds.

Check out "Becheman" on Flickr, he builds in LDD and produce beautiful builds that can easily match real brick builds.

As for the build itself, using plates to add relief to the fields can simulate ploughing, and a fence or wall around the edge would add more detail. You're heading in the right direction with the 1x1 rounds for texture, a few more perhaps!