Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Presents JINZONINGEN73!

The colours this time are ... Oh, you'll figure it out.

For an inside view of the crazy studio Staudie got us booked at, please visit the gallery.

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB Community News! Tonight we're supposed to be joined by ... who are we ... WHAT? You don't have an interview ready??? One of these days ...

Sorry sir, I'll try to do better sir, I didn't mean to upset you sir.

FINE. Go hit the streets and find someone. NOW!

YES SIR! *scurries off to fire up the Winter Questionmobile and find a victim*

Well, looks like I get to stall now. Let's see. I know! We'll watch Staudie drive while the theme to Benny Hill plays in the background! Trust me, they go well together.

*screen changes to a shot of the WQ going all over the road, the sidewalk, almost off a bridge, around a bend, over the river and through the woods, but this ain't grandma's house he's crashing into! On the post box we read the name ...*

JINZONINGEN 73

*getting out* Er. Hopefully he won't notice. *goes up to the door and knocks*

So, do you have time to answer a few questions for us today?

Right now? It's late. I'm not even dressed!

Wait... I never wear clothes anyway. What's that parked in my yard?

Oh nothing. Really. Let's go inside and do these questions!

Q. How come The Name Jinzonigen 73?

A. That's not my name, christ, first question and you've gone and ducked it all up. :-D

Kidding. Well, back in the early 90's when one STILL had to acquire anime in ugly ways, (as it hadn't caught on in the US too much yet), I'd purchased a grainy, bootlegged tape of Dragonball Z for $20. At one part, Goku was fan-subbed as saying "DAMN JINZONINGEN!" ...and it cracked me up. So, JINZO (artificial, fake, robot) NINGEN (human) and 73 (year of birth). I wrote to people with that name long before I ever even heard of an internet.

Q. Any sigfig you have?

A. Nope. Though I imagine I will, as System has become more interesting to me than the Bionicle and Technic lines have lately. They're just sucky piles of silver blades now.

Q. Where you not a Mod over at BZP? Whache doin here?

A. Yes, I was. Was. After getting knocked offline constantly due to not being able to pay phone bills, Rich (Bionicle Rex) removed my mod powers. How being offline equals the need to de-mod someone for "security matters"... I'm not sure lol. Hades knows I've been knocked offline a few months while modding here. Out of the past 5 years, about 2 of those have been dark periods of no internet. As for what I'm doing HERE... well, I had a falling out with BZ. I could recount it all, but my "Hello!" topic here from October 2005 pretty much covers it. Mainly, I was disgruntled over the way contests were conducted time after time... seemingly "normal" posts getting deleted for no damn reason with no damn notice (despite the explanations of "removing spam" or "censoring"). Posts and topics that literally had NO REASON to vanish, vanished. It's at that time that I let a messageboard go. People type shit for a reason, not to have some dork having a bad day deleting what took you a half hour of your time to contribute. It's not the first site I ditched for nonsensically inconsiderate mod activity and it won't be the last.

Around that same time, I was on In_the_Bricks and someone had linked to this place. A few weeks (days?) later, Jipay sent me a PM and asked me to mod.

Q. What is your favourite non-bionicle set?

A. That's a hard one. The X-Pods were sweet though. You didn't have to buy an expensive set JUST to get one or two new pieces. It was a beautiful way to introduce the (long overdue!) 1x1 slopes. Sure, they cheaped out in the purple one, only giving you ONE purple 1x1 slope in each... but hell, it was $3.50 and had other good parts.

Q. Fav Bionicle set?

A. I liked the Muaka-KaneRa from 2001. LOTS of good parts, all at once. Of course the initial price on those original Rahi (beast) sets were disgustingly overpriced, but they looked DAMN fine in the clearance bins for $10. ... Although the Bohrok queens come close too. And like the other, it looked good discounted down to $15.

But the winner is the original mask packs. You got 2 random masks, an axle, a head and a trans-clear eye element for mere pocket change. And then there was the thrill of getting "rare" masks. Then, before you knew it, you had TONS of excess masks laying around. But isn't that bad? NO! It made one WANT to moc. Not like today.

Q. Why do you have the title?

A. Buh? :-/ Oh, where it says "Bionicle Translator"? I guess I just hopped on board at a time that this place needed a mod to manage the influx of new kiddies, reeled into Lego by that line.

Q. What is your best EB moment?

A. Getting in here. It's not the FIRST Lego site that lets you curse a little and speak your mind without being squished when someone doesn't like what you say, but it also somehow has a ton of straight-shooters coexisting along side of the rebels. And this site's ability to grab early images of Lego stuff... PRICELESS.

Damn straight, even that Imperial Crapship!

Q. And your best IRL lego moment?

A. Just as vague as the previous answer lol. Probably whenever I find a SICK bargain, like the ones that got me into Lego to begin with. (Multiple $150 - 200 sets showing up at Goodwill stores for anywhere from $15 - 35 lol!) CH-CHING!

Why doesn't this stuff ever happen to me? >:-(

Q. Square root of Zem The Mattress?

A. I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR CRAZY MOON LANGUAGE!

That's one of his more reasonable stray questions ...

Q. Do you know any members IRL? Can you describe them?

A. Noooope! Well actually, my cousin, Hypermecha (registered here as Xeokym). She rarely visits. For a time, she too was a mod on BZ... but left for similar reasons. Aside from being sick often, the ever-decreasing ability to post freely, the mod room witch-hunts on targeted "possibly naughty" members and the severely chronical erosion of the board's functionality (programming, server problems making simple site navigation IMPOSSIBLE for hours at a time)... she ditched as well. However, this is not suprising, for there's a good chance one half of our brains is duplicated in the other... which has lead to uh.. events which really can only be called supernatural.

Why didn't he ask the followup to that one???

Q. Am I annoying?

A. My foot's not in your a$$ yet.

Give it time.

Thanks for joining me, it's been something special!

That it was, definitely our most colourful interview yet and full of drama and intrigue! Wow, and look at the set on that one... Uh, oh, sorry, I was watching something else. :-$

Thanks for joining us today, it's been a pleasure as always!

*flips back to the other channel, hoping not to have missed any of the action!*

Nice review (again) Staudie! *y* (Sorry, I forgot what number where at right now) ;-)

I always thought Jinzo's name was something dutch - I don

Great interview guys! Judging by the previous post, I wasn't the only one who initially thought Jinzoningen was Dutch, LOL. Perhaps because it really resembles a combination of the name Jinze and the city Groningen X-D

*wub* Jinzo :-D But i have to ask if the title of this was misspelled on purpose, as in the interview, or if it was a mistake 8-|

I do the edit from Staudie's notes and his handwriting is horrible (I copied and pasted it out of there and this is what we got) :-$

It's just a shame that no admins have come along with the ability to fix it... 8-| X-D

Awesome interview. Possibly the best so far. :-D Keep it up guys! *y*

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Nice to see Staudie got some more action this time :-P

Keep it up... maybe with some drivig licence, though *wacko* :-| X-D

LuxorV

This is truly my favorite interview yet. Jinzo unleashed! Awesome! X-D *y* Staudsy and ImperialShadows, when you gonna throw down the gloves and start asking hardball questions? :-P Just kidding. Thanks for providing us such great insight into our beloved EB members. Can't wait to see more...Ras...later! *sweet* *y*

This is truly my favorite interview yet. Jinzo unleashed! Awesome! X-D *y* Staudsy and ImperialShadows, when you gonna throw down the gloves and start asking hardball questions? :-P Just kidding. Thanks for providing us such great insight into our beloved EB members. Can't wait to see more...Ras...later! *sweet* *y*

It's my favourite as well, no doubt about it. *wub*

The tough stuff will start when I ask the questions. I mean, come on, the Jocko interview was pretty good, and those were mostly mine. We got all the way up to potential murder-suicides in that one *y*

One day, when we've worn out everyone else, I think we may revisit some of the earlier interviews for a little followup action.

Consider yourself warned :-P

Until then, I don't even know what the kid has planned for next week. Being halloween, it should be interesting, whatever he comes up with.

It's my favourite as well, no doubt about it. *wub*

The tough stuff will start when I ask the questions. I mean, come on, the Jocko interview was pretty good, and those were mostly mine. We got all the way up to potential murder-suicides in that one *y*

One day, when we've worn out everyone else, I think we may revisit some of the earlier interviews for a little followup action.

Consider yourself warned :-P

Until then, I don't even know what the kid has planned for next week. Being halloween, it should be interesting, whatever he comes up with.

Hey Editor-in-chief, your misspelling-reporter-on-the-street already re-interviewed me... :-P

Hey Editor-in-chief, your misspelling-reporter-on-the-street already re-interviewed me... :-P

I'll have disposed of fired promoted him by then, so it won't count and I'll have to do it all over ;-)

Oh, and thanks for the fix *sweet*

very nice review guys keep em comming! ;-) I really like the model of the questionmobile!

Edited by casewindu

This was a great interview, possibly even my favourite! *sweet*

:-| Hmfh.

This was a great interview, possibly even my favourite! *sweet*

Thanks!

*whispers* Confidentially, your interview is one that I really want to redo, since it seemed like someone :-| sort of overshadowed you a bit. *ends whispering*

So, how 'bout those 2008 sets. And stuff. X-D *whistles innocently* X-O

a wise green thing once said "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."

a wise green thing once said "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."

What said that, something up your nose? Surely you can't be refering to Yoda, as he said;

Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.

X-D

What said that, something up your nose? Surely you can't be refering to Yoda, as he said;

X-D

But both posts are the same... :-P

But both posts are the same... :-P

Oh! :'-( Sorry! I could swear that it was wrong but looking at it again I can see it was I that was wrong. I'm sooo embarassed. Will you forgive me?