Sign in to follow this  
goggleson

My first creation! (steampunk)

indexed.gif

steam and kenetic-electricity powered...1 pilot, room to store a gun, just a little scooter thing for going places really =] oh, and the pilot's name is Jemima. A 14 year old girl living on the streets who built this thing from scrap.The type that gets into trouble with police, and inhales steam for fun ;-) A right tomboy. I was gonna make the person look more steampunk. But it's cold,late, and the shed is locked.I might take more photos with a better minifig later...

post-2113-1193008944.jpg

post-2113-1193011996.jpg

post-2113-1193012168.jpg

post-2113-1193012187.jpg

Edited by imperialshadows

already saw that =] been floating around this site for ages but havn't registered till now

Edited by goggleson

already saw that =] been floatig around this site for ages but havn't registered till now

Sorry. I assumed that since you were the new guy......ah, I've forgotten when I was like you; nameless, unregistered and undetected.

Hello and welcome, goggleson! *y*

A nice little 3wheeler with a very good idea for the power source

and a charming MiniFig. Cool use of Bionicle parts too. :-)

Sorry. I assumed that since you were the new guy......ah, I've forgotten when I was like you; nameless, unregistered and undetected.

touche'! have you made any steampunk MOC's or will I have to persuede you?

Asuka, I didn't use bionicle parts, I did use exo force parts, if they came from bionicle origionally...

I used to follow bionicle but the new series is just too fast for me to follow, that's for the 'welcomes' guys

*put's out a thank you cake*

Welcome at Eurobricks. Thanks for sharing you creation with us! I'm very happy to have you here and see you participating right away! *sweet* *y*

I love that figure. Very clever way to use the blackhole trooper torso! And I agree, I love the story that goes with it. It would be nice, however to have a clearer idea of where the power source is. Right now I'm confused on where the engine is. Perhaps adding a steam vent would help. I can't help think that this looks a little modern for steam-punk, perhaps different wheels will help that. What set are those wheels from? I don't recognize them but they are very cool. Finally, and I hope you don't think I'm picking this apart, there's a solid MOC here, so I'm nitpicking to help make it better, but it looks a little too much like a riding lawnmower right now. It might look a bit more like a steampunk vehicle if the cockpit/driver's seat was lowered maybe to rest between the two sets of wheels.

Besides those things, I think it is a great start! I like the use of that Bionicle armor piece, that's not an easy piece to use! And the color scheme is also cool, Dark Red is my favorite brick color, right now and it looks good with the black and grey!

Again, Welcome and thanks for sharing. I hope to see more from you in the future! *sweet* *y*

have you made any steampunk MOC's or will I have to persuede you?

Actually, I am in the process of making a miniature London from Philip Reeve's "Mortal Engines" for an English project. I will post pics when I am finished.

Thanks for your critisism.I may alter it.

If I recall correctly the bigger wheels are from barney's car out of the 2002 Lego series 'Lego stunt rally'

The bigger wheels do look out of place compared to the rest of the body, but what if a hobo/tramp/bum made one?Tried to make it look thrown together =]

The two big boxes inbetween the wheels is the engine, the 4 rotating exhasts on the back also suck in air and whirl around (as I hope you noticed(the spinning part)) which also provides kenetic force for the engine to use.

Edited by goggleson

Asuka, I didn't use bionicle parts, I did use exo force parts, if they came from bionicle origionally...

(...)

*put's out a thank you cake*

I guess there

I edited the picture to make sure you can see the steam vents =]

Edited by goggleson