Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

My over-engineered LEGO Coaster.

I just found a LEGO Coaster I made about 6 years ago when I was bored. Is it over-engineered or a work of genius?

coaster1.jpg

coaster2.jpg

coaster3.jpg

Perhaps we could have a fun competition - design the most insane LEGO Coaster to hold your Tea/Coke/Whatever?

Dr. S.

I would not quite say that it isa work of genius, but it is cetainly cose. Great Job. *y*

Not "far too heavy and cumbersome for the very simple job it's supposed to do"? That's how my Wife described it... :-D

Dr. S.

How heavy is it?

About half a pound - 200g or so...ish. I used a whole pack of blue plates. It's about four times bigger than it needs to be. :-D

Dr. S.

You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*breaths*aaaay too much time on your hands. ;-) On a second note you shoud make the contest.

X-D Nice job! *y* It may be a little big, but at least you won't forget to use a coaster! :-P

~Peace

Please host a contest for similar things. I, for one, think it'd be awesome! *wub*

Please host a contest for similar things. I, for one, think it'd be awesome! *wub*

Really?

OK, so...do I go for:

a) LEGO Coaster competition. Design and build a LEGO coaster capable of safely holding or supporting a mug of tea or a can of coke. Entries can be themed, artistic, on wheels, depicting a scene or indeed as large or as small as you like but made entirely from LEGO and be actually useful as a Coaster. Points will be awarded for style, practicality, design and ingenuity.

or:

b) LEGO Household Items Competition. Design and build any household item from LEGO. The item in question must be practical and capable of doing the job it is supposed to do. Eg: a LEGO tape dispenser must actually be useful for dispensing tape. If you need a kickstart of the sort of thing I mean, ideas can include (but not be limited to) mug trees, office tidies, iPod carry cases, bookshelves (!) etc. Points will be awarded for style, practicality, design and ingenuity.

Dr. S.

Really?

OK, so...do I go for:

a) LEGO Coaster competition. Design and build a LEGO coaster capable of safely holding or supporting a mug of tea or a can of coke. Entries can be themed, artistic, on wheels, depicting a scene or indeed as large or as small as you like but made entirely from LEGO and be actually useful as a Coaster. Points will be awarded for style, practicality, design and ingenuity.

or:

b) LEGO Household Items Competition. Design and build any household item from LEGO. The item in question must be practical and capable of doing the job it is supposed to do. Eg: a LEGO tape dispenser must actually be useful for dispensing tape. If you need a kickstart of the sort of thing I mean, ideas can include (but not be limited to) mug trees, office tidies, iPod carry cases, bookshelves (!) etc. Points will be awarded for style, practicality, design and ingenuity.

Dr. S.

I vote option B. I'll help you out with whatever you need: pinning, poll,etc. *sweet* *y* Thank you in advance. I love contests in the YOC forum!!

When I first read the title I thought you meant a Lego Roller Coaster :-D

But I see now you meant the things that you put under your cups :-$

I'd enter,I love crazy things *wub*

Piranha

OK then, I'll wait to see if anyone else is interested and think about running a competition. Winner gets a special Doctor Sinister badge!

Dr. S.

OK then, I'll wait to see if anyone else is interested and think about running a competition. Winner gets a special Doctor Sinister badge!

Dr. S.

Don't wait! Just do it! Then Imperialshadows will advertise it and everyone will come running! *sweet* *y*

I vote B. I could re-make my breast pump.... :-D

And then you could start breast feeding again... 8-|

I am not even going to ask about that... X-O :-D

I think this is a great idea for a contest, I would definitely take part if you do hold it!

Don't wait! Just do it! Then Imperialshadows will advertise it and everyone will come running! *sweet* *y*

OK, it is done. There are two threads - one for entries, one for discussions. Hope I've done that right. Would you be able to pin them for me please? *y*

Thanks,

Dr. S.

Its a little big for the cup it is holding (coasting?). And I wonder if the tiles will make it too slick and create a risk of spilling...

Other than that, great idea.

Steve

I could soooooo use all of those black tiles for my road I am still making and have been for about 3 years! I think this is very nice Dr S just i think those tiles could go to better use! (cough) send them to me (cough)

X-D ;-)