Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

AoM Inn Phase I: It’s never too cold for an ale

Bought some lamps and wanted to try them out.I must be doing something wrong though.

The snow should be whiter. When I focused more light on it, the tiles got too bright though so the grooves in between weren’t visible anymore. I’ll have to play around some more.

Anyway, here's my ale seller:

23508043392_6636e44318_c.jpg

Nice little build --the wagon is nicely designed (though I'd like to see those top two studs SNOTed), and the snow texture is thoughtfully done.

What lamps did you buy? What bulbs? Can you show a pic of your whole setup? With a bit more info, we can help you fine-tune things.

Edited by SarahJoy

The lighting could be improved (even though I'm guilty of the same), but the build is quite nice.

Funny idea for phase I. Really a neat little wagon.

About the photography: a light tent would be a very good investment. They are affordable for little money and you will see a big improvement immediately. And two daylight lamps with the same strenght.I bought one tent when I started with GoH and I'm still satisfied with the results. Some of my photos are still crappy, but at least it works well enough that I can show my stuff without yellowing and light reflexions.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Try diffusing the light through paper? Nice little build though!

Thanks! Will look into diffusing or getting a light tent.

Nice little build --the wagon is nicely designed (though I'd like to see those top two studs SNOTed), and the snow texture is thoughtfully done.

What lamps did you buy? What bulbs? Can you show a pic of your whole setup? With a bit more info, we can help you fine-tune things.

Thanks! The snow texture is supposed to show some footsteps and a trail the cart made, not sure if it came out right in the pic. Should add tiles to the those top studs indeed.

I bought these lamps. They were on sale for Black Friday and came with 2 daylight bulbs.

Here’s the pic of my setup with the lamps off:

23006623573_a35f88e18e.jpg

The lighting could be improved (even though I'm guilty of the same), but the build is quite nice.

Thanks! Looking into the light thing, hope to improve that soon.

Nice wagon!

Thanks!

Funny idea for phase I. Really a neat little wagon.

About the photography: a light tent would be a very good investment. They are affordable for little money and you will see a big improvement immediately. And two daylight lamps with the same strenght.I bought one tent when I started with GoH and I'm still satisfied with the results. Some of my photos are still crappy, but at least it works well enough that I can show my stuff without yellowing and light reflexions.

Thanks!

Have 2 daylight lamps and their description actually says they’re good for tents so looking into that now.

Nice little build :thumbup:. The wagon works great for phase 1, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Why don't you go just outside on a nice day and take the photos there? It works fine for me ;-).

Nice little build :thumbup:. The wagon works great for phase 1, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Why don't you go just outside on a nice day and take the photos there? It works fine for me ;-).

Thanks!

I guess this means you’re not living in Ireland! When I come home from work it’s dark and the weekends aren’t exactly sunny either, might have to wait till May or so for a nice day :sceptic:

Nice idea, but what happens when the snow is to deep to get the wheels rolling, guess you Mitgardians just start ale riots?

Ale riots are very rare though. Plenty of inns have a decent stock to survive for a while. Some of them brew their own ales to make sure they’ll always have some.

There are lots of home brewers as well so if you or the inns are snowed in you could drink your own experiments.

Access to ale (or its ingredients) is one of the main motivations to keep the roads clear in winter I’d say :laugh:

It’s true the Algus make winter even more extreme now so maybe there are riots on the horizon.

Then again if people realise the Algus are the reason for a shortage in ales, even more people will join the fight against them!

I like how your cart design features plenty of storage space for barrels and goblets :thumbup: Good parts use for the spout too :classic: