Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

EB News Brings You DoubleT!

Just to keep things confusing, we'll be mixing up the posting scheme this time. I'll be in blue, Staudie in red, DoubleT in bold, and my followups to those comments in italics. Eventually, I'll like one of these schemes and stick to it.

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB Community News! Our special guest is none other than DoubleT, Co-Creator of EB and all around nice guy, as you'll see tonight.

With no further adieu, let's join cub reporter Staudie in the field with DoubleT! Hey Staudie, next time how about doing the interview somewhere nice instead of a field, huh?

It was all we had budget for, after you spent all that money on the hot tub that I'm still not allowed in >:-(

Ahem, yes, well, that was an important work related expense, so maybe you'd better get back to the interview and I'll go check on the girls ... :-$

Q. DoubleT... Please explain your name, and what is your sigfig?

A. My first name is Tomas, so guess what my surname starts with, he he. Jango was my first sigfig, and when Eurobricks started, I was the frontline guy, trying to get friends and sort out problems with the one or two sites that do / did not like us. Sometimes with stealth, and sometimes by being friendly, and sometimes it helps to have viking blood ;-)

It's true. I keep a fresh supply in a jar in the refrigerator at all times.

Q. You have a mischevious reputation for messing with titles, is there any truth to that?

A. Well XwingYoda and Vader are the masters, but even they are not safe, and sometimes I just HAVE to change a title he he

Q. What do you mean by "A Joker I am" ? Do you go round throwing pies in people's faces?

A. mmmmm Pie... ups sorry, I am a Joker in the sense that I like not to be serious, I love good fun, even silly fun. To make people smile is one of my favorite things.

Back when we where only a handfull of people, we had alot of silly crazy Monty Python like topics, with pics text etc. This is now called "Old School" here on Eurobricks, a good way just to relax and forget all the bad things in life, like there still is 3 months to the Indy sets.

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou shalt announce the Holy Indy Theme. Then, shalt thou count to three months. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, rejoiceth in the presence of the Indy, and forgetteth thy foe the Megablocks, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Q. What is your favourite EB moment? And IRL Lego related moment?

A. For me its always great to meet my fellow Lego fans at the events and when I get to meet them, they are as silly as me, and its great fun. So (Cheap Plug) come to Billund Next year, all are welcome.

Party at DoubleT's!

Q. From the member's you've met IRL how can you describe them?

A. As nice still people, that are cultivated, sophisticated, and read Jane Austin books after they have sorted all there bricks again....... Naaaah really nice crazy people, that i always look forward to meet.

If any of them should happen to read Douglas Adams, I hear EB offers a fine competition, mentioned down below in my sig *cough*Not the only cheap plugger here*cough*

Q. Can we see your lair if you have one?

A. Well No, the sets and parts boxes are where there is space for them, there are no Lego in the bathroom or kitchen, there are limits.

Q. What is your favourite theme and set?

A. From is was young I am a Castle guy, all though there are many other great themes. I am very happy with the current Castle line, and I have almost forgot Knights Kingdom theme.

Some of us are still trying to forget KKII...

Q. Am I annoying?

A. Of course

The one question we can always count on. *y*

Q. Who should we interview next?

A. There are many great people here on Eurobricks, ApophisV, Starwars4J, xwingyoda, Vader, Ras74, Copmike etc. So I cant say what person, but there is plenty to choose from.

And now back to imperialshadows in the studio!

Thanks to DoubleT for joining us, and of course to my very most favourite reporter, Staudie!

Aw, thanks, I didn't know you cared :-$

Of course I do, where else am I going to find a reporter who also does my laundry?

Why you megablockin' megablocker of a ... *signal dies*

Another great review by the new comedians.

and my followups to those comments in italics. Eventually, I'll like one of these schemes and stick to it.
I find these comments both fun and kind of rude...

-Ras-

Great interview again! *y* You know, you could always interview me......... :-$ ................ ;-)

I find these comments both fun and kind of rude...

That's the fun part! ;-)

Why you megablockin' megablocker of a ... *signal dies*

What? I dont do laundry! You megablockin' megablocker of a ...

Hum, could have gone a bit more indepth but not bad. Hey IS, since the italics are you anyway, why don't you just put that in blue also? I mean there's no real point to having two different font types when they're both you, right? :-P

Hey how dare you blame us for the titles..... We all know that we are mere pawns in your evil titla game X-D :-P ;-)

Hum, could have gone a bit more indepth but not bad.

I don't ask the questions, I just edit and heckle to make what I'm given slightly more amusing. There will be a much more indepth interview coming soon, however, where I asked a lot of questions myself. It'll be good, I guarantee it, assuming I ever get a final reply *cough*You-know-who-you-are*cough*

Hey IS, since the italics are you anyway, why don't you just put that in blue also? I mean there's no real point to having two different font types when they're both you, right? :-P

I tried that last time with everything of mine in italics, but I sort of take the italics as me mumbling something in the studio while they're out wherever I imagine them doing the interview. Maybe I'll try everything of mine in blue italics next. X-D

Like I say, I don't have a lot of participation in the content portion, I'm just presentation decoration, so I can play with colours and styles, just to keep it fresh.

Aye.. The next one is coming all the way from a deep dark basement in chicago! :-P X-D

Aye.. The next one is coming all the way from a deep dark basement in chicago! :-P X-D

You already did Hink... Or do we have another Illinois-ite here?

I think this is the best one yet! Funny, nice, and fairly in-depth... but we have no lair pics!! >:-( :-P

To make people smile is one of my favorite things.

*y*

AWell No, the sets and parts boxes are where there is space for them, there are no Lego in the bathroom or kitchen, there are limits.

I feel the same, I especially agree with the bathroom. X-D

So (Cheap Plug) come to Billund Next year

Wishing...so...hard!!

Why you megablockin' megablocker of a ...

Who taught you that language? Surely not your mother! X-O

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

*points to hinckley* From now on everything is his fault! :-P X-D Oh and no it aint hinck.

Another awesome interview! Great job! Never have too much jokers! :-D *y*

~Peace

Edited by iamded