Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Interviewing the Interviewer

My direct comments are in blue. Stauder@55 answers in bold print. I occasionally add a little comment to some of his answers, in italics. For the call in portion of the program, the callers comments will appear in green. My heckling comments will still be in italics. I also hit the emoticon limit, so if some are missing, don't blame me.

*as the commercial fades we hear "LEGO Mania, LEGO Maniiiiaaaaaa!" drifting off into the distance*

*show begins, camera fades in, theme music plays*

Come right in and sit down. No, not there, in the little chair. *goes around and sits in the big comfy chair* Ah, much better. *looks at the camera*

"Today we are pleased to have Stauder@55 join us for a little interview in his own words and spelling, and grammar," he says disclaimerishly, "I resisted fixing too much"

Welcome Stauder@55, or, as I intend to call you, Staudie. It's nice having you here.

Oh no, it"s completely my honour to be here with you. I mean, I"ve heard so much about you that it"s a thrill to finally meet you in person. *wub*

Well, that's very kind of you, but I'm interviewing you, so enough about me.

I think he actually said that, but I'm not entirely certain, the notes I made were a bit sloppy.

So Staudie, you've managed to build a reputation as the interviewer, annoying or not. What gave you the idea to interview members of EB?

I was curious about Hinckley and Sinner, who are our local comedy act, so I decided to interview them for the hell of it. I never thought I"d be asked to do more. So Thank our Dynamic Duo For these interviews.

... and we most certainly do appreciate their antics as well!

What's the one question you'd most like to ask people, but are too afraid to?

Well, there is one Ive wanted to ask hinckley ... Can I move in? X-D

Come on, we all know he doesn't let kids in the LEGO room.

Speaking of which, how did you get started in LEGO and what keeps you in it?

I had my lego since before I was 3, It was my dads, and some gotten from a garage sale, that"s why I have some old parts, but not the manuals or boxes. What keeps me on it? The desire to build cooler and Cooler things.

What does your name mean, especially the @55 portion?

Stauder Is my surname. Its a unusual I admit, I belive its german. The @55 part is meant to be 255, because when I signed up on lego my nick was Martin255

You've recently become a knight. What does that mean to you?

Nothing except that I spam too much X-D Oh and I"m wearing armour... Sir Stauder... I like the sound of that

Now that he's a knight, it's also his Sir name ... haha ha haha, oh shut up. >:-(

What do you do when you're not doing something with LEGO, or what would you most like to be doing?

Well schools is beginging soon so Studying Maltese which I can speak but am crap at gramatically... If not school, Prolly TV or on the Comp, here on EB...

What are you reading right now? How is it?

I'm reading these questions... They're intresting...

Uh huh, wise guy, I'll make you pay for that later! >:-)

What do you plan to be when you grow up?

A Lego Designer or A Pilot, I have some experience piloting a small plane, and lots of experience with lego (Over 11 years)

Piloting a plane sounds interesting. What are some other things you've done that most people haven't?

You"ve never glued your maltese teacher to his chair.... With superglue... Or locked him in the closet...

Now there's the stuff I was looking for in the interview!

Tell me all about this teacher gluing incident.

No... :-P Ye sneaky billboard you!

So, you're from Malta, somewhere most of us have never been. Tell us something interesting about it.

Malta is a odd place. Intresting, but you grow tired of it after 8 years. Most people here are friendly and helpful. Nice holiday location... Ya hear that! Come visit me!

Free Holiday On! *y*

At this point in our program we're going to take some calls from you, the viewers.

Let's see, first we have andy_0306uk who asks: If you could create a new Lego piece, what would it be and how would you use it?

I would create none, just re release the old ones. The fun of lego is that some builds are tricky and you have to think.

Andy follows up by asking: What is your favourite Lego colour and where/how have you used it?

Blue and white, White stormies and my blue US solder from the Weapons Wagon.

And now we take a call from ... I'm sorry, we're having reception difficulties and can't tell who this is ... wait, it sounds like ... yes, it must be MommyStauder, calling her little boy during his first big appearance!

She (or someone) asks: Can You sing anything?

Yes, but well.. The songs are silly... I know 3 usefull songs, well Now I know 1, have to re learn the other 2... Theyr'e usful to know during exams...

3.. (This one I currently know...)

Who else but a mother would ask that?

Our next caller, ImperialScouts asks: What do you get if you multiply 6 by 9?

Fourty-Two

Excellent answer. It reminds me that we need to take a commercial break and let you know all about the upcoming Douglas Adams Vignette contest! Ok, ok, back to the boring questions! :-|

Now a call from Sir Dillon. "Hello Stauder, here is my question. If you were surrounded by hundreds of blood thirsty orcs and had no weapons besides a rotting walrus jaw, a wrist watch that doesn't work, and a bit of dental floss, how would you escape?"

I'd wake up and go get some tea, or hitch a ride on the nearest sofa...

Here we have Mr. Mandalorian (Mandy Lori Ann! *cough* :-P): "All right... which question hasn't been asked? I know: How old are you and do you think you'll be able to keep doing Lego in the future?"

Im 42 (Not like you cant read my profile), and yes I hope to.

42 months?

More age questions it would seem, this time from Commander Andrew of 501 st who asks, "How old are you?"

What do you get when you multply six by Nine and then look into my profile?

There's that Stauder humour we've all come to know and tolerate with only small doses of medication :-P

Ah, here's a good one! Wobo Ihi asks: Pirates or Ninjas? (non-LEGO)

Ninjas all the way...

Oh, I'm sorry, wrong answer! We're going to have to ask you to leave now, but you do get this lovely home edition of our game (I always wanted to be a gameshow host).

Now we're receiving a call from really far away ... it sounds like Fabuland, which can mean no other than our own Fabulandiest of Fab, Hinckley!

Hinckley: Yeah yeah, he made me call in for this, so let's get it done, I've got whacking to do.

1. Do Sinner, Ras, copmike, and I and the rest of the crew seem immature even to a TFOL like you?

No, and I think they are loved for that.

Figures that his first question would really be about him, huh folks? >:-)

2. What is your greatest building accomplishment with LEGO?

My yellow submarine. Oh and my Arctic Ice Breaker with helipad. Will post a pic later

3. What is your greatest LEGO dream?

To own lego, rent a army n go crush megablocks... Im sure most agree with me...

Oddly, I think most probably drift towards the one with the lifesize Slave Leia minifig, but hey, it isn't for me to say.. *wacko*

4. What are your other hobbies? Sports? School clubs? Interests like comics, or other collections, etc?

Bike riding, reading, Shool (they don't spell there, apparently) Drama Club (Ahh... Fiddler on the roof was a good one... ), Asterix and Obleix... Oh and model planes

There! Now get off my case! >:-(

Don't you have a Comic to go and finish? |-/ :-P X-D

Ooh, he's getting testy folks, must be past his bedtime, I think we'd better wrap this up! :-P

In closing, I'll ask that one thought provoking question that all good interviewers end with. What is the one principle upon which you've built your life?

We are creatures of shoelace, lost in purple. The koala knows...

*slides his chair away from the guest* *wacko*

And there you have it folks, a fascinating inside look into the mind of our young interviewer, Stauder@55, who will, it should be mentioned, be interviewing me one of these days, when all the important people are either done or too busy to get back to him (honest, I have the pm to prove it) :-P

*turns off the camera*

Edited to fix a couple of sloppy tags :-|

Who else but a mother would ask that?

Ooh, he's getting testy folks, must be past his bedtime, I think we'd better wrap this up! :-P

Firstly, Somone did ask that, but I deleted the PM (Its full of interview reply"s I have to clear it up..)

Secondly, I will have my revenge...

The Koala Knows...

Stauder

Very entertaining! *y* *y*

I'll wait for more interviews with anticipation

Firstly, Somone did ask that, but I deleted the PM (Its full of interview reply"s I have to clear it up..)

Secondly, I will have my revenge...

The Koala Knows...

Stauder

I said someone asked it, and since you never told me who, I just had to make a reasonable guess, didn't I? >:-)

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, and this time we won't be wearing pants. 8-

Yes I did do the koala thing. Oh and next time post it in general discussion.

:-|

The Koala Knows...

Stauder

Yes I did do the koala thing. Oh and next time post it in general discussion.

:-|

The Koala Knows...

Stauder

This is an interview with a member of the community, where better than here? |-/

Oh, and who says they'll be a next time? ;-)

Guess you folks had better continue to tune in to see if we'll be back next week with another exciting interview (and whether it'll be here or in general discussion ... I want an Admin's opinion on that one!) X-D

Well the last 4 or 5 where in general discussion, and there was just bout every staff member (including Jipay) and they said nothing... :-/

(Mandy Lori Ann! *cough*)

Why do you torture me so? :'-(

Now that he's a knight, it's also his Sir name

:-D

That was my favorite part. Sir...Name... :-D

So...Uh, Stauder...Why didn't you post your lair?

In closing, I'll ask that one thought provoking question that all good interviewers end with. What is the one principle upon which you've built your life?

We are creatures of shoelace, lost in purple. The koala knows...

*slides his chair away from the guest* *wacko*

I smell Chef Brian...

Great interview imperialshadows, and all the people that contributed. Thanks! It's nice to know the interviewer. :-D

Cad-comic ON!

Edited by iamded

Thanks for the kind words guys!

You can look forward to more interviews from Sir Staudie, with a bit of imperialshadows editing and creative arrangement. ;-)

I like the idea of announcing the next interview and taking questions from you, then submitting them with the intended questions for a bit of viewer interraction, so we may try that again.

Thanks for the great questions, and don't worry, I'll get some details on that gluing incident as well ;-)

I smell Chef Brian...

Does Coffee bleed? :-P

Thanks for the kind words guys!

You can look forward to more interviews from Sir Staudie, with a bit of imperialshadows editing and creative arrangement. ;-)

I like the idea of announcing the next interview and taking questions from you, then submitting them with the intended questions for a bit of viewer interraction, so we may try that again.

Aye. We"ve teamed up. Next in line will be Sam. Oh and shadows, lets post them in General Discussion like the others before. ;-) Ill pm you the questions, have them done by monday. :-P

Stauder

Does Coffee bleed? :-P

Aye. We"ve teamed up. Next in line will be Sam. Oh and shadows, lets post them in General Discussion like the others before. ;-) Ill pm you the questions, have them done by monday. :-P

Stauder

You know, if I'm hosting the show, editing the answers, making all the jokes, and you're just collecting the Q&A, that makes you my secretary! >:-)

Funny, I could have sworn I put in a request for a tall blonde. ;-)

You know, if I'm hosting the show, editing the answers, making all the jokes, and you're just collecting the Q&A, that makes you my secretary! >:-)

Funny, I could have sworn I put in a request for a tall blonde. ;-)

Funny... Im tall and blonde... X-D And male... And have a shotgun that fires megablocks... :-P

As far as I know, Im the reporter your the editor... Unless you want your salary to be lowered *skull* >:-)

And what about the infamous question that we shoulmd ask Staudie boy: Is he annoying or what ? X-D

Since all the other intervies are on the other forum, I'll move this one for consistency ;-) (but might move all of them later on though)

*yoda*

NOTE TO THE READERS!

Sam89 is next on the interviewing hot seat, so if you have any special questions for him, please forward them to Staudie and he'll collect them up for answering (and then I'll imperialshadowify 'em up for posting).

As far as I know, Im the reporter your the editor... Unless you want your salary to be lowered *skull* >:-)

That's true, you do make less than me already. Ok, so I'm the anchor who sits in the studio and hosts the whole thing, as well as editor, and you're the reporter in the field. You know, you're outstanding in your field. You should watch that, you might get mauled by a cow out there. Again. :-P

And what about the infamous question that we shoulmd ask Staudie boy: Is he annoying or what ? X-D

Since all the other intervies are on the other forum, I'll move this one for consistency ;-) (but might move all of them later on though)

*yoda*

That's like asking if the sky is blue, only more obvious >:-)

And yes, I knew they belonged in Community all along, but I'll go with General Discussion just to make it easier on you when you decide to move all of his mistakes over here where they're less obvious ;-)

I do my best :-P but not enough to get banned ;-) I hope...

Stick with me kid... *wacko*

Why do you keep kalling me kid? >:-(

It's a reporter thing. If you weren't such a <word omitted due to recent protests>, you'd know that. I'll try not to do it too often, kid ace (another reporter term). :-P