Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

[SPECIAL EDITION] A Interview With "The Man"

Ladies and Gentlemen, Wackers and Walruses, Boys And Girls, AFOLs and BFOLS and everything imbetween, Welcome to this Special Edition Interview. Today I have a real man here with us. Put your hands and flippers togther for....

*Drumroll*

JIPAY!

*Enters Jipays House* WHOO! -Happy dance- I got past the guard dogs! Now... Ahh... Here he is! *Snapshot* Ohhh... Jipay.... Cool...

Q. Can I have your autograph?

A. Yes

Q. Why the Name Jipay and why that odd Title?

A. The name Jipay comes from my full name which is Jean-Philippe. The initials make it JP, and my friends used to prounouce it Jipay.

The title isn't odd. I just like boobs. Just can't help it. And actualy it comes from the title of an album of Bloodhound Gang. Their lyrics are pure poetry, I'd recommand it to everyone, especially kids.

Q. When Was EB Founed?

A. Back in september of 2003 I think.

Q. Why was EB Founed?

A. For having a good grade at an e business class course, which was a success. Side thing is that there were no real online community for lego addicts. My path crossed DoubleT's and Shaggie's one as I was working on my little project. We all took a piece of the job and we were launched.

Q. Are you happy with the way EB is going?

A. Quite so. I'd have barely imagine it to grow up so much. I'm still a bit annoyed by the fact we have to chamber some people for they behaviour. We also have a great little group of core members called the fellows. They play a great part in our developpment and I'd like to take the opportunity of this interview to thank them all.

Q. Can we see pics of you (I havent seen them on the staff page before they where removed) and your lego room, if you have one?

A. Unfortunatly, no. I'll be going to legoland germany this week end though, so you might see me in all my glory by the end of next week. Be patient. I know it's hard.

Q. Have you considered all the smilies submited to you? Any hope to see new ones?

A. I haven't. We launched the original pack, realized by Apo on some of my first designs for the board.

I think smileys are here to express some emotions, and I'm still not sure about the point of reproducing every single SW lego fig released.

Q. What is the circumference of moose divided my mime?

A. Hinckley"s Face in pie times Douglas Adams Squared!

Q. What is your fav EB and IRL, lego related moment?

A. A fav moment. Every release of leak pics. It gave me good moments of laugh by reading fbtb comments like "those are fake", "Eb is killing the Lego hobby by releasing those pictures".

IRL, That'd have to be the first set that I received as a gift after my dark age.

Q. How can you describe the EB members you met?

A. I've met a few now. Ehh, they are all weird and crazy. Seriously. The first i've met was Yoda though. So it was the worst at first. All the other seemed like piece of cake in comparaison.

Q. Favourite Theme and or set?

A. Adventurers and potter. And of course pirates, and also castle. I also remember being quite found fo space.

I'm not really into a theme, I'm more a fan of minifigs and accessories.

Thanks for your Time Jipay. That"S it for today. I am accepting requests on who to review next.

Stauder >:-)

1. Leaked pictures do indeed rock and cause no harm whatsoever to anyone or anything. Respect the brick, my megabloks!

2. Poor *yoda*. Everyone cracks on the green midget with a baguette. One day I hope to get to do that too, when I'm all growed up. ;-)

3. Anyone who makes a Douglas Adams reference gets an automatic win in my book. *y*

Being a more recent member here, it's nice to get these peeks into the founders and key players of EB, thanks for the opportunity! *y*

Holodoc Your just begging to be interviewd arent you? Always the first to reply... So people tell me who you want Next!

3. Anyone who makes a Douglas Adams reference gets an automatic win in my book. *y*

There"s a knack to learning how to fly... :-P . That Question wasnt answered by Jipay, I added that myself. Saw something similar in "Ask A ninja" ;-) .

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. " Douglas Adams

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. " Douglas Adams

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. " Douglas Adams

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." Douglas Adams

Mac On! (Who doesnt get this reference is not a Douglas Fan.)

Stauder

Edited by Stauder@55

though I don't get it. Why adding this while I never gave the answer ? (and wasn't even asked) *wacko*

We also have a great little group of core members called the fellows. They play a great part in our developpment and I'd like to take the opportunity of this interview to thank them all.

Uuhm.... :-$ X-D *y*

though I don't get it. Why adding this while I never gave the answer ? (and wasn't even asked) *wacko*

Ah then perhaps youg Stauder left it out by mistake, then again were you sober when answering the questions ;-) X-D

Ah then perhaps youg Stauder left it out by mistake, then again were you sober when answering the questions ;-) X-D

I added it for the hell of it... ;-)

Asuka... -Raised eyebrow smilie- Do explain.. You want me to interview a fellow next?

Asuka... -Raised eyebrow smilie- Do explain.. You want me to interview a fellow next?

Na, that

Another nice one, Stauder!

I am accepting requests on who to review next.

Have you one Hinckley? 8-| Or did I miss something again? :-| If you have done so, I think a certain doctor would gladly do it.. X-D

Jipay, can I ask you a question? What's the story behind your current avatar? It's kinda.. Weird.. Especially when you see the title below it.. *wacko*

Eurobricks On

Have you one Hinckley? 8-| Or did I miss something again? :-|

Hinckley was interviewed at the same time as me here, or have I mistook your question? *wacko*

Hinckley was interviewed at the same time as me here, or have I mistook your question? *wacko*

That was the one I left out counting... :-$ :-D

The title seems to be about an Sinner exclusive interview, but Hinckley is some kind of a special guest star (or appendix if you like to ;-) ).

Interview from other members than me ON! :-P

Interview from other members than me ON! :-P

Ok Yrah, Id like to tell people that I want suggestions. Not give hints that you want to get interviwed or every 2nd pm Ill get might be like this :

do Meh next!!!!!one!!! lol

Or

Can you interview me?

Or

Me! Me! Interview me! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

Please no asking for a interview, and when suggesting somone dont suggest yourself. So kinda like Titles, ask for one and you"ll get none or a bad one.

Thanks for understanding *y*

Stauder

You should do Asuka next.

Currently I have these Planed -

Jocko (Waiting for answers)

ApoV (Same)

KimT (Rejected)

Me (Awww How Can I do this :-P )

PSP-*Transmision scrambled* (Keepin it a surpise for now...

Im considering Asuka and Holodoc.

Stauder

Youse got rejected! Also your gonna interview a PSP?

:-| I know what your trying... IF you haddntr noticed it said transmittion interuppted, and the lettres are random. |-/

Q. What is the circumference of moose divided my mime?

A. Hinckley"s Face in pie times Douglas Adams Squared!

X-O He knows my name! *wub*

Another great interview Stauds!

Jipay, can I ask you a question? What's the story behind your current avatar? It's kinda.. Weird.. Especially when you see the title below it.. *wacko*

Eurobricks On

Haa ! You'd like to know, wouldn't you ? Well you won't !

@ vad : I was 100% sober while answering.

Q. Have you considered all the smilies submited to you? Any hope to see new ones?

A. I haven't. We launched the original pack, realized by Apo on some of my first designs for the board.

I think smileys are here to express some emotions, and I'm still not sure about the point of reproducing every single SW lego fig released.

I gave a chuckle to that...plus...it's not all of the lego figures.

Good interview of the guy behind the strings.

The title isn't odd. I just like boobs. Just can't help it.

Nothing wrong with that :-$

Q. When Was EB Founed?

Q. Why was EB Founed?

And here I didn't even know it was lost 8-|

Edited by Starwars4J