mrcp6d

[Challenge 2][Cat A] OFX Gunstrike

20244537335_a2f894e060_c.jpg

--Weekly Explorer's Transmission--

--Log of Eagle-Eye Silver--

--2 Augustali 3815--

Due to the activity sensors have recently picked up in the center of the galaxy, Octan Corp. engineers and scientists have been producing a plethora of fighter designs to defend the corporation’s interests if necessary. The OFX Gunstrike is a high-speed, dual-engine fighter designed for long-range engagements. Built around the huge long-range laser cannon, the Gunstrike is designed to engage and destroy small craft with single long-range shots and then move quickly to another firing position. Because of this intended mission, Eagle-Eye Silver with his sniper training was recalled from exploration to test fly the new starfighter.

--End--

My first starfighter, woohoo! :laugh: Thoughts?

More on Flickr

Great build! I really like the greebles in front and the engines! :thumbup:

great shaping and SNOT'd look. the only parts that bug me are the 1x1 lbg round tiles on the engines and the repeated lbg parts in front of the cockpit. I don't feel like they blend into the design well or provide any meaningful greebling. I hope we see some more spaceships in your builds, you've definitely got a knack for them.

Nice work! Classic style of design for this sort of ship, with a bit of your own flair brought to the table.

Anything called "classic" is that way for a reason! :grin: Thanks Commander!

Reminds me of the old buck roger's ships, cool design. Nice work here.

Thanks Jody!

Looks great! I love the texturing down the centre of the nose! :thumbup:

Great build! I really like the greebles in front and the engines! :thumbup:

Thanks Big Sal and Kai, I was going for a radiator look in front of the cockpit. :classic:

great shaping and SNOT'd look. the only parts that bug me are the 1x1 lbg round tiles on the engines and the repeated lbg parts in front of the cockpit. I don't feel like they blend into the design well or provide any meaningful greebling. I hope we see some more spaceships in your builds, you've definitely got a knack for them.

Yep. I completely agree about those 1x1s. I stuck some blue half pins in those Technic holes way before getting the rest of the ship done, so I had to come up with a non-bulky way to cover up the blue. I'm not really happy with the tiles either and I'm still not sure about how I'm going to get the half pins out--pliers are an option at this point... :sceptic:

Very nice ship mrcp6d! The gun in front is superb, and the shaping and greebling are excellent as well!

My favorite bit here is definitely the engines, although the I think the orange background in the photo makes the dark grey look odd against the white and green.

I'm still not sure about how I'm going to get the half pins out--pliers are an option at this point... :sceptic:

Insert a flagpole or lightsaber blade into them to pull them out. If needed, you can also push them out from the back by reaching something inside the engine housing.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Sweet starfighter, the more traditional shape looks great here, and I like the engine detailing a lot :thumbup:

Ooh, that is nice! Great sleek design, and nice greeble details!

Thanks David!

Very nice ship mrcp6d! The gun in front is superb, and the shaping and greebling are excellent as well!

Thanks Garmadon!

My favorite bit here is definitely the engines, although the I think the orange background in the photo makes the dark grey look odd against the white and green.

Insert a flagpole or lightsaber blade into them to pull them out. If needed, you can also push them out from the back by reaching something inside the engine housing.

Huh, I haven't taken it apart yet (mainly because I'm nowhere near done swooshing it! :grin:) But I'll definitely try those options.

Really cool ship, man! The engines and shaping are great :thumbup:

Sweet starfighter, the more traditional shape looks great here, and I like the engine detailing a lot :thumbup:

Thanks SK!