LittleJohn

[M-A04] MANTIS Mining Base

Tags: Building, Vehicle

Job: Explorer

My next assignment for M.A.N.T.I.S. was a hot one. They wanted me to get some lava samples from Mynderis for them to analyze. I wasn't too enthused by the idea, until I was told I would get to use the MES (Mini Exo-Suit), which was too good an offer to refuse. I took the samples next to a recently constructed Awesomnium mining base, which was in full swing.

18819921843_29b2aab0ce_z.jpg

19440530555_0dcd46f2f7_z.jpg

19254358359_abda12c6dc_z.jpg

19252955280_247db95123_z.jpg

19444795531_ee2bb77655_z.jpg

19434224502_21f5caf384_z.jpg

18819947623_cf1d60abe6_z.jpg

19434221122_e3d30fb33f_z.jpg

More pictures here: Link

C&C welcome :classic:

Great little base, but the landscape and lava are what really steal the show!

Yes this is a great little build, nice landscape and base

Awesome base. I really like the insectoid feel with the struts and "legs".

My favorite AG build from you so far. So many details to admire! In particular: the mech suit, little dump trucks, angled piping, clever windows, weapons and radar on the roof, and interior :thumbup:

The lava landscape is quite effective too :classic:

Really cool base LJ, especially good use of those wheel pieces. I really need to jump on that bandwagon - got tons of wheels lying around! Great ground texturing too, and the lava craters add a lot to the build!

The work suit is pretty awesome! :thumbup: That base with the lava and the building work so well together to create a believably hostile environment while looking great doing it! A lot of fun details in there too. I spent hours playing with the original Space base and there's so much more here.

Edited by aeralure

Awesome base! The "legs" as the drilling apparatus are a cool concept. I really like the little exo-suit. It's a great detail in a big MOC.

You, comrade Littlejohn, are mining Awesomnium with awesomeness.

Thanks man! Glad you like it :classic:

Great little base, but the landscape and lava are what really steal the show!

Thanks, I was very pleased with how the lava turned out too :classic:

Lovely work. You've done a good job making the ground look interesting even in a single colour.

Thanks, CT! Glad you think so :classic:

Yes this is a great little build, nice landscape and base

Thanks, though it is actually rather large, around 54x54 studs :wink:

Awesome base. I really like the insectoid feel with the struts and "legs".

Thanks, mccoyed! :sweet:

Absolutely stunning! So much texture! :wub:

Thanks, Graham! Glad you like it :classic:

I love your small mech suit.

Thanks, I liked how that turned out too :classic:

Man, this is phenomenal! Really convincing landscape and buildings! Keep it up John! :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

Thanks, Mark! :blush: I'll do my best :classic:

My favorite AG build from you so far. So many details to admire! In particular: the mech suit, little dump trucks, angled piping, clever windows, weapons and radar on the roof, and interior :thumbup:

The lava landscape is quite effective too :classic:

Thanks, sk! Glad you like it :sweet:

Wow! I really like the suit (but then, I'm a mecha maniac anyway :look: ). The use of the tires is interesting. I like it!

Thank you! :classic:

Neat base! Nice build!

Thanks, Mike! :classic:

Really cool base LJ, especially good use of those wheel pieces. I really need to jump on that bandwagon - got tons of wheels lying around! Great ground texturing too, and the lava craters add a lot to the build!

Thanks, Kai! You should! :wink:

The work suit is pretty awesome! :thumbup: That base with the lava and the building work so well together to create a believably hostile environment while looking great doing it! A lot of fun details in there too. I spent hours playing with the original Space base and there's so much more here.

Thanks, aera! Glad you like it :classic:

Awesome base! The "legs" as the drilling apparatus are a cool concept. I really like the little exo-suit. It's a great detail in a big MOC.

Thanks, mrcp6d! The exo-suit was fun to make :classic:

The judges awarded you 6 points.

Thanks judges! :grin:

Amazing work, LittleJohn :wub:

I love the base and how you made the ground! Nice use of the tires, too :thumbup:

Nice mining base Little John, I almost missed this one! Great use of wheels to create the tubing! :classic: Also, I really like the look of the ground!

Edited by NuckElBerg

Awesome mining base for M.A.N.T.I.S ! The terrain and lava are very well done, and the base itself looks so good on that terrain. I love all the detail, including the interior. The mech and truck really compliment your build well! And I love the use of all those wheels and tires! :sweet:

Very nice build LJ, the rig is excellent - great use of all those wheels! :wink: - and the texturing on the rocky landscape is great! Awesome work with all the smaller vehicles running around as well, but what M.A.N.T.I.S. really needs is some robots to do all their work for them :tongue::laugh:

I'm a big fan of those pipes! The ground texuring is very well done and doesn't look plain despite it being flat. Fantastic work John!