Sign in to follow this  
rupi

MOC: Chuck Wheels and his 57 Chevy custom

indexed.gif V-LV-13B

Hi there!

I want to show you my lateste moc, it's a car (lightly) inspired from the 1957 Chevy Bel Air.

His owner "Chuck Wheels" is a fanatic of tuning and street racing and allready did some modifications in it, like the custom painting and the "special motor vent thing" (sorry, I don't know the name).

Well, enjoy the pictures, I hope you like it.

Thank's for your comments :-$

chevy_57_00.jpg

chevy_57_07.jpg

chevy_57_11.jpg

The brickshelf folder.

Now that is a flashy car! *sweet* I wouldn't be seen dead in a car like that, but I suppose that is the point! :-P The colour scheme works really well too. People (including me) seem to have lost interest in making 4 wide cars. :'-(

(Excellent photos as well!)

Your "special motor vent thing" could be a blower/super-charger" like Mad Max's Interceptor;

814482258_96fa1ab142_o.jpg

Now that is a flashy car! *sweet* I wouldn't be seen dead in a car like that, but I suppose that is the point! :-P The colour scheme works really well too. People (including me) seem to have lost interest in making 4 wide cars. :'-(

(Excellent photos as well!)

Your "special motor vent thing" could be a blower/super-charger" like Mad Max's Interceptor;

Thank's Sinner and Asuka.

I know most of the people now think 4w is not good, but that's why I forced me to do this car in the oldschool style *sweet*

As for the motor piece, I considered the new part in chrome that is used in the tinyturbos sets, but I decided to stick with a brick build only solution. The colors are flashy you're wright, that's the traditional "flame colorscheme" in the hot rods.

Your interceptor is very cool Sinner. I would like to see it in 4w...

Edited by rupi

"special motor vent thing"

It's called something as simple as an intake, or air-intake if you want to be more specific. Blowers (which are not to be confused with superchargers) are the air scoops you see protruding through the hoods of hot-rods and likes.

I really like it! Except for the back-end, which looks more like a '59 Cadillac, the overall looks remind me of a '57 Chevy, which is hard to do in this scale. *y*

A little tip; '57 Bel Airs (which I believe was the car you drew inspiration from) had flat fins and their taillights way down, just above the bumper. I might try to make my own when time and studies allow it (borrowing your front design), albeit a stock one. :-)

Thank's Freddie for your comment and the info about the air-intake.

I did this little car based on a few images I googled, I never saw a real 57 or any other chevy of those old times, (I don't even know if there's any here in Portugal).

I will chek those rear lights... I build it mainly from memory and didn't try to do an exact model (in 4w it would be imposible). Some things that I tried to resemble were the front lights, the bumpers with those round things and chromed, and that littlle "wave" near the window in the back part of the car, also the windscreen that is almost vertical.

I really would like to see your version of the car.

Thank's Sinner and Asuka.

I know most of the people now think 4w is not good, but that's why I forced me to do this car in the oldschool style *sweet*

As for the motor piece, I considered the new part in chrome that is used in the tinyturbos sets, but I decided to stick with a brick build only solution. The colors are flashy you're wright, that's the traditional "flame colorscheme" in the hot rods.

Your interceptor is very cool Sinner. I would like to see it in 4w...

Sorry, while I can admire them, 4 wide just isn't my style! Besides; I would need to change the windscreen, and there isn't one like it in 4 wide. :'-( I also don't like using minifig parts for anything other than minifigs. Even so, you deserve full points for originality! *sweet* I forgot to say that I like the minifig. It is amazing how well the girls hair works on guys if you choose a face that it clearly male.

It's called something as simple as an intake, or air-intake if you want to be more specific. Blowers (which are not to be confused with superchargers) are the air scoops you see protruding through the hoods of hot-rods and likes.

Are you sure that I am the one that is confused? ;-)

I like 4 studs wide, and I really like the hood scope. It is also smart should the driver need an extra pair of pants :-P

You see people using minifig hands, arms and legs all the time, but to use a whole pair of pants like you did is really great *y*

Very nice car *y* It looks a bit 70's

the head with Hermionies Hair could also do well for a Hippie or a rock musician.

Great little car!

<= I love '57 chevy's, and you did a good job making it in a four-wide version, especially the front looks just

like the real car.

Cool colorscheme as well.

*y*

That's a beautiful car and the minifig is a great choice!

But what I really have to say: Your LEGO is ultra clean! 8-

That's a beautiful car and the minifig is a great choice!

But what I really have to say: Your LEGO is ultra clean! 8-