Sign in to follow this  
pombe

[O - H05] I've got a bad feeling about this

++Start data transmission++

Explorer Pombe reporting in from H05.

I've looked over the data generated by my esteemed colleagues, and so far, Octan's domination grows rapidly out here in Andromeda. John Hannibal's recon revealed that our long ranged surveys were correct: the planet H05, otherwise known as Livgorn, has vast amounts of Awesomnium. Unfortunately, as agent Jebediah O'Reilly has discovered, we are not the first to notice this. At least Jebediah can be relied on to rectify the situation. Additionally, we have one of our best engineers, Zaael, or Big Z as he likes to be called, already excavating the precious ore.

Despite being lush and teeming with life, H05 cannot be harvested for biomass as well, since all the indigenous life forms are too toxic to make harvesting them worthwhile. Oh well...maybe Dr. Long might come up with a solution.

Speaking of Dr. Long...

I'm following up on Dr. Long's suspicion that there are incredibly large deposits of Awesomnium underground. The atmosphere is thick enough that I've opted to take an Octan hovercraft to search for more Awesomnium. I've managed to locate a large cave system and started to explore it. After roughly 100 meters, I don't see any of the Awesomnium that Dr. Long was talking about. Maybe she's finally wrong for once?

Wait...hold on.

The sensors are picking up something. Let me focus the search lights.

Holy...

This has got to be the largest vein of Awesomnium I have ever seen of such high purity!

I guess I owe Dr. Long a drink when I return for doubting her.

Somehow, though...I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched...which is ridiculous since the sensors are not detecting organic life down here.

Time to report this amazing find...wha...zzzz....bbazz..........something.........rock...wha.....ssssssaaazzzzzzzz.....rocks.....atta.................zzzazzzzzzzzz........

++End data transmission++

17853591521_cf21f38234_c.jpg

Next:

17834250506_8743e8de06_c.jpg

17857693552_50b5b6f5b0_c.jpg

17254450143_0ac6e06c32_c.jpg

17254474663_cd5f92145d_c.jpg

17252380404_170a699fde_c.jpg

17874901735_91b8830604_c.jpg

17875400491_0352690c29_c.jpg

17254457153_c814e3e8fa_c.jpg

17871918762_22a6045d52_c.jpg

17871918732_e91df3f03d_c.jpg

Edited by pombe

Eurobricks isn't a hosting website, you should use a dedicated site like Flickr to host your images and then post them on EB, thanks :classic:

Eurobricks isn't a hosting website, you should use a dedicated site like Flickr to host your images and then post them on EB, thanks :classic:

Sorry about that.

I have fixed the problem.

Ooh! Lovely glow effect! Also, that hovercraft's a beaut! Nice job bringing the other Octan players in too! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

love the plot twist, rock creatures that don't trigger organic life sensors, awesome

great hovercraft and also great work with the glow

Really nice build, and awesome story! you did a good job catching the other players persona :)

How did you do the glow effect, if you dont mind me asking? :)

Love the story and nice idea with the rock monster. Great build aswell.

How did you do the glow effect, if you dont mind me asking? :)

I wanted to create the searchlight effect that I mentioned in the story, so I used an additional LED flashlight.

You can see how I did it under the spoiler tag of the original post.

Edited by pombe

Great build and fantastic story! I like the references to the other players. :classic:

The build had received lots of good comments, and I can only join these.

The only thing I would like to add is the comments on your lighting setup. Awesome! Please continue sharing these. Very useful and helpful.

The only thing that worries me here is the location choice. Do we have rocks on H05? In case there'll be enough Octan researches on Livgorn by Thursday, I'd consider changing the sector.

The only thing that worries me here is the location choice. Do we have rocks on H05?

I was just going off the narrative established by the other Octan players, especially the part of Dr. Danielle Long suspecting large Awesomnium deposits underground.

If the judges feel that my build is not appropriate for the planet, please let me know so I can change it to something more rainforest and marsh like.

I was just going off the narrative established by the other Octan players, especially the part of Dr. Danielle Long suspecting large Awesomnium deposits underground.

If the judges feel that my build is not appropriate for the planet, please let me know so I can change it to something more rainforest and marsh like.

We've seen rocks in the scene with the Alien (unless that was grey moss), and it's not too far fetched to believe there are rocks on pretty much every planet (except for a few, I guess), so I think it's great! (Also it's underground) I love that he's touching up on a comment I made in my post! :grin: I can throw a few rocks into my next MOC if we need to establish a continuity! :wink: PS: Dr. Long is finding Awesomnium next week!

On a somewhat related note, though, I find it odd that we have a seemingly silicon-based life form on an otherwise carbon based lifeform majority planet. Perhaps this is something for Dr. Long to look into? Maybe it's non-native? What are the implications of that, I wonder...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Briljant work on the lights. Love the subtleness of your vessel and the story is well thought out. Compliments.

Nice build and I really like what you did with the Awesomnium. What did you do?

Nice build and I really like what you did with the Awesomnium. What did you do?

Thanks!

What I did was I started with trans-purple Bionicle joints and connected them to represent Awesomnium, since it seemed that purple was the consensus color for it, and I wanted a trans look. Then, I built the rocks around it, revealing a small portion. You can see this under the spoiler tag of the original post.

Edited by pombe

Nice work on the build and excellent job on the story. There can be caves in swamps and jungles I see no problem with it. There can be caves anywhere in this galaxy :snicker:

I can only echo what everyone else has said - really great build, story and presentation! For some reason the black fans looked like spiders to me at in the first photo at first glance - I had to look again to realise the rock monster was attacking the ship and not spiders :grin: