This is a continuation of my Tales of the Past series - and I know you're all going, "What on earth is that?" :laugh: It's been a while I suppose. :tongue:

Links to the other parts, but as always I've tried to have the story make sense even if you haven't read the other sections.

Parts One, Two, Three, Four, and Five.

Slowly, sadly, Kalaflar rode up to the castle gate. With a feeling of dread he looked up at the massive towers of the keep and sighed. As he dismounted the porter caught sight of him. "You've returned!" he called joyously from the top of the gatehouse. He hastened down to open the gate. "Where is Gascoyne?" he asked, looking around curiously as Kalaflar came in.

Kalaflar did not respond, and the porter grew silent. Presently they came to the room belonging to the lord of the castle. "How has father been?" Kalaflar asked the porter.

"Nervously awaiting news. Just yesterday he said he was sure Gascoyne would not return," he added in a husky voice.

"He was right," said Kalaflar sadly, entering the room.

"Is that you, Kalaflar?" asked the old man in a trembling voice, "What is it, my boy?"

"Father," began Kalaflar, but his voice failed him and he lowered his eyes.

"It is Gascoyne," said the old man in a patient, sad voice. "I knew when he left me he would not return. Tell me all, Kalaflar."

16477283883_1c0c422905.jpg

So Kaflar told him of their defense of the tower, of the black knight's menacing words, and of their final meeting at the cathedral, and Gascoyne's fall. The old knight sank back on his couch. Once, twice, he tried to rise, but failed. "Promise me," he said at last, "Promise me, you will seek vengeance - no, not vengeance, seek justice - justice on this villainous murderer!" He sank back upon the couch, and Kalaflar knelt beside him, pleading with him, begging him to live. "No. I go to my long home. You, you take up the mantle I leave behind. Promise me," he whispered again.

"I promise."

16911241329_4ca2f61bc4.jpg

With regard to the story, I may as well as remark that Kalaflar is wearing Gascoyne's armor, and they are not actually brothers; the old knight is Kalaflar's adoptive father only.

As for the build, I was pretty happy with how the window turned out. C&C welcome!

Thanks everyone! This is what I consider success... getting a free-build in with so many challenge entries! :laugh:

Very nice scene! I really like the frame around the window and the way you topped off the wall is great :thumbup:

Thanks LJ! It's becoming my signature! :laugh:

Great build Kai!! The window looks really nice, and the fig posing is excellent!

Thanks LordDan!

Great addition to your Tales of the Past, nice story and awesome interior build. The window mosaic and the fig posing are particular highlights. Looking forward to the next addition!

Great addition to your Tales of the Past, nice story and awesome interior build. The window mosaic and the fig posing are particular highlights. Looking forward to the next addition!

Thanks MassEditor! Hopefully it doesn't take me quite as long to get around to the next one! :innocent:

Nice window!

Thank you!