Season 2

Junker's Fee

Welcome to Fondor

Fondor City Nightlife

Many Bothans Died... Well At Least One

Fixing to Clear the Mind

Thermal Detonator Pot-Pie

Focus

I didn’t get much time to think about anything before I was dragged out of my cell and pushed along a corridor to a room with a table in the middle of it. Next to the table was Commander Relve and a medical droid. The stormtrooper strapped me into the device and raised it so that I was a foot away from the metal tubing, but slowly dropping closer to it.

Where the Empire had come up with such a torture device, I’m not sure. But it is quiet effective. The metal glowed like it was super-heated, but it was actually room temperature. When your body came in contact with it though, it triggered the pain centers of the brain to make you think you were being burned.

“Your trial will now begin Josh” explained Commander Relve. “Answer my questions and we will keep you upright. Fail to answer them, or answer them in any way that is not to my liking, and your pain will begin. This medical droid has been programmed to keep you alive, nothing more. Your screams will not elicit help from him.”

17021667036_0234f0f15b_c.jpg

“Some trial this is” I answered. “No defense. No jury. Just a guilty verdict slapped on me and then carted off to the torture chamber is it?”

“Snide remarks will only increase your agony” replied Relve as he motioned to the droid who started the table in motion.

16427516353_1bfa077852_c.jpg

I tried not to scream. Emphasis on the word try. How could I ever have thought the Empire could have any good in it?

“You will now tell me about the rebel’s plans regarding the pod-race on Tatooine” demanded Relve.

16840246317_aec1ebff3c_c.jpg

“What pod-race?” I asked. “I’ve been off the grid for months now. I know nothing of the Alliance’s plans.”

16425216104_ecd273c22c_c.jpg

The pain only continued.

16425213664_67e5cc083c_c.jpg

Nice build! I love the Snot elements, and the idea of bringing back the torture device used on Han. The device itself, however, is a bit lackluster, compared to the rest of the build. Maybe a Snotted version would look better, or maybe some extra tiles. Still a great build though!

Nice build! We Imperials have a way of getting information even if the information is wrong.. by torture, or if the situation calls for it, blowing up a planet...... I like the wall and door. :thumbup: I agree with GuyDudeMan, the torture machine looks nice, but it doesnt fit in with the smoothness of the build. Overall, the build is great!

~Beltar

Awesome build - I'd been wondering what happened to your character. I really like your use of the old school exhaust pipes in the wall- that's a great shape and I had to stare at it for a minute to figure out how you pulled it off.

My only feedback would be to try making the minifig poses a bit more dynamic. Maybe have the stormtrooper and officer looking at your character, and perhaps have your character bent a bit at the waist so it looks like he's trying to arch away from the torture device.

That is a really creative use of those horse carriage pieces in the wall (sorry, no idea what they are called, the angled ones you have 4 of). At first I wasn't sure what it was until it clicked and I was very pleased to see such a simple piece used so well.

The torture device is instantly recognizable, the one thing I'd have preferred would be to have tiles covering the exposed studs. It just looks a bit unfinished. The floor and the wall are great.

Minor nitpick but your fig's face seems a bit too happy. I know it is tough since not all faces come in different emotions, but it did stand out a bit. It looks like you tried to hide the face as much as possible, maybe incorporate turning the head away into the story. Also the medical droid's view of you is hidden by the device, I'd say he should ideally be closer to the side to monitor things more. If you draw a straight line out from the wheel on the wall, I'd say there roughly by the corner of the device would both put him nearby but not obstruct the officer from viewing you.

Overall a really great build and a good lead in to the episode.

Very good build. A very loyal representation of the torture device seen in Episode V.

As far as the story is concerned ... Commander Relve? I'm going to have to remember that name. I highly doubt that he's authorized to torture a prisoner, and he's not even any good at it. :wink: I'll have to see about bringing him down in a set of freebuilds. :laugh:

I love how you packed a fair amount of detail into the table. I like it alot!

Your storytelling is again, impressive as always!

The four "pipes" in the wall are awesome. I knew those would be great for greebling but I hadn't figured out how yet. You used them perfectly. Now, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POD RACES!!!

Gosh! What a torture you let your own character going through! I hope you are strong enough for this.

The machine is instantly recognizable. Good work!

Thank you all for your kind comments! Josh's story is far from over, I assure you! I'm really glad everyone recognized the torture table and that you all like the horse carriage pieces! I dislike those pieces because of their seeming lack of usability, but obviously there are ways around that :grin:

As for the torture machine. I left the exposed studs on purpose because I felt that it gave the machine a better feel than tiling the whole thing. I wish I could have made it look smoother, but adding reverse tiles to the back or snoting would make it too think, IMO. But, to each his own.