Sign in to follow this  
Zenerius

The MMCS (Modular Mask Collection Stand)

16382661973_0158d1045a.jpg

MMCS: Modular Mask Collection Stand by Zenerius, on Flickr

This technological marvel was inspired by SeeMusic's golden mask stand design. This device allows for 6 to 24 different masks from the Bionicle 2015 line to be displayed side by side. 2 to 4 modules can be connected without bending any parts. Feel free to use this design and C&C is appreciated!

I see you've got a fourth rack ready to accept new masks! Would those be the skeleton masks from the summer wave?

Anywho, this is a great design!

I see you've got a fourth rack ready to accept new masks! Would those be the skeleton masks from the summer wave?

Anywho, this is a great design!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! And those empty mask holes are for holding the new blended masks and the exclusive masks. The trans-red Hau as well as the comic-con Hau will replace the golden skull mask and the other slots will be there for the blended toa masks.

Eventually, when there are enough masks, I'll make a second modular layer separate from the first one for extra large collections.

EDIT: I also had a prototype version which was much larger and could spin around, and was vertically modular. I might upload that some other time.

Edited by Zenerius

Very nice design! Simple, yet effective. Do the Protector masks get in the way of each other?

Very nice design! Simple, yet effective. Do the Protector masks get in the way of each other?

Only if the masks face directly forward. Moving the left and right mask mounts just a bit can remedy that. The Toa masks can fit without any problem whatsoever.